Fans are now finally fed up with the NFL

Taking a knee is a sign of respect - always has been.

In this context, I disagree. Just like I wasted my time trying to explain before, perhaps if you had served and been willing to give your life for your country, you'd feel differently.

Or not.. It doesn't matter. That's my opinion.

Is that what they're protesting? I thought it was Social Justice, or maybe something else. Regardless, whatever it is that the stupid sons a bitches are protesting isn't coming across. The message isn't getting out there. Consequently, no one fucking cares what the prima donna's message is.

They better find a vehicle to EFFECTIVELY convey their message, when ever they can decide on exactly what that is, because what they're doing now just isn't working.

Ishmael

Here are the words of the Eric Reid about kneeling and his conversation with Kaepernick that lead to his participation ...

I approached Colin the Saturday before our next game to discuss how I could get involved with the cause but also how we could make a more powerful and positive impact on the social justice movement. We spoke at length about many of the issues that face our community, including systemic oppression against people of color, police brutality and the criminal justice system. We also discussed how we could use our platform, provided to us by being professional athletes in the N.F.L., to speak for those who are voiceless.

After hours of careful consideration, and even a visit from Nate Boyer, a retired Green Beret and former N.F.L. player, we came to the conclusion that we should kneel, rather than sit, the next day during the anthem as a peaceful protest. We chose to kneel because it’s a respectful gesture. I remember thinking our posture was like a flag flown at half-mast to mark a tragedy.

Why do club games have the national anthem every time anyway? If they tried that in Britain there'd be peals of laughter.

Not every single thing has to be a patriotic display.

In America we believe in ghosts that tell us what to do and the American Ghost says you have to play a British tune before all sporting events while singing lyrics written by a guy while watching the British burn Ft McHenry.

You cannot laugh or kneel.

Amen.

In America we believe in ghosts that tell us what to do and the American Ghost says you have to play a British tune before all sporting events while singing lyrics written by a guy while watching the British burn Ft McHenry.

You cannot laugh or kneel.

Amen.

Well they've always played the anthem - must be uber patriotic you know, up to and including displaying American flags made in China :rolleyes: - but it wasn't until 2009 that the players were brought into it when the US government paid the NFL millions of dollars for the players to be present on the field for the anthem.

Tax payer funded mandated manufactured patriotism.

y'all missed a great game last night.

Nah, saw a documentary about Betelgeuse, the red supergiant that looks like it will be going 1B any day now.

Far more entertaining than the "National Fuckwhitey League" and it's bullshit.

How the NFL can retain and regain profitable older-white-guy sportsfans:

* Allow switchblades on offense.
* Razor blades embedded in footballs.
* Fire all players with skin darker than toast.
* Muscular white players wear only cleats, jocks, and tattoos.
* Losers submit to sodomy by winners in midfield.
* Naked halftime shows by ex-Playmates.
* Replace pigskins with live piglets.
* Beer dispensers on TV sets.
* Or free opioids.

How the NFL can retain and regain profitable older-white-guy sportsfans:

* Allow switchblades on offense.
* Razor blades embedded in footballs.
* Fire all players with skin darker than toast.
* Muscular white players wear only cleats, jocks, and tattoos.
* Losers submit to sodomy by winners in midfield.
* Naked halftime shows by ex-Playmates.
* Replace pigskins with live piglets.
* Beer dispensers on TV sets.
* Or free opioids.

The hatred of white guys in this democrat is almost as strong as LJ's....typical.

Here are the words of the Eric Reid about kneeling and his conversation with Kaepernick that lead to his participation ...

I approached Colin the Saturday before our next game to discuss how I could get involved with the cause but also how we could make a more powerful and positive impact on the social justice movement. We spoke at length about many of the issues that face our community, including systemic oppression against people of color, police brutality and the criminal justice system. We also discussed how we could use our platform, provided to us by being professional athletes in the N.F.L., to speak for those who are voiceless.

After hours of careful consideration, and even a visit from Nate Boyer, a retired Green Beret and former N.F.L. player, we came to the conclusion that we should kneel, rather than sit, the next day during the anthem as a peaceful protest. We chose to kneel because it’s a respectful gesture. I remember thinking our posture was like a flag flown at half-mast to mark a tragedy.

Thank you for that quote, proof positive that the ignorant prima donna's don't have a cluse as to what they're protesting, so they make up a God damned laundry list. Why don't they add infant male circumcision to it...........Oh! Glowball warming.

And to top it off the list the idiot cited has NO BASIS IN FACT.

So what we have here is a bunch of ignorant assholes protesting a laundry list of myths and are to stupid to understand that they're losing.

And more and more of us are boycotting the games and the advertisers in protest of their ignorant and inappropriate behavior.

Stupid is a gift that just keeps on giving. When ratings tank, advertising value tanks, and there goes that revenue stream, soon followed by salaries.

Ishmael

Well I suppose when they watched and continued to watch black men being shot for things like lying on their backs with hands in the air stating that they are unarmed and just trying to help the patient that wandered away from the group home getting shot anyway, they took that as a fact that black men face systemic oppression against people of color and police brutality.

Or the fact of civil asset forfeiture laws being used to rip off all poor people but disproportionately people of color.

Or nonviolent minor drug offenses being used to fill the jails with all poor people but disproportionalely brown people.

Or systemic scams where municipal courts become revenue generating centers off the backs of the poorest and the brownest.

I am a white man, in my 40s, reasonably well off living in an affluent suburb and I can see it. I never served but most of the men in my family have and many still do in all branches and I can differentiate Reid and Kaepernick's attempt to call attention to their issue from other blatant disrespectful and unpatriotic actions. And so can my family members in the military.

The only one making this about patriotism, the flag, the NFL, apple pie and the 4th of July and disrespect is you.

I feel very similar. I served in the military and found the way they chose to protest wrong.. Not their right to do so, that's why men and women gave their lives, for that freedom. To me, it disrespected the men and women that sacrificed for that right.

I'm not gonna stop watching football.. It's neither the time or place for protest imo.

How is it disrespecting them? These games aren't memorial services for fallen veterans. The protestors aren't protesting about war, either in general or any specific engagement. The anthem isn't an embodiment of the veterans. As I suggested earlier, it's the expression of an ideal about the country - veterans, I guess, fought for that ideal (however it was related to any specific war); these protestors feel that ideal isn't being realised in the here and now. But wars and the protests are not in any way integrally linked.

I feel very similar. I served in the military and found the way they chose to protest wrong.. Not their right to do so, that's why men and women gave their lives, for that freedom. To me, it disrespected the men and women that sacrificed for that right.

For once I can agree.

Heh. They can commit every act of domestic violence, dog fighting and all sorts of other nonsense.

But take a knee to protest police brutality? :eek: The world has ended.

:rolleyes:

You guys are fools.

Actually, every act of domestic violence and dog fighting the league is made aware of is dealt with. You may think the punishment is too harsh or too light, but it's the same with cases that go to trial.
The league has decided to banish for six weeks one of its best players, Zeke Elliott of the Cowboys. I haven't really followed the particulars for this alleged domestic violence, but I do know the police declined to prosecute and have heard the NFL's own investigator didn't believe the woman who leveled the accusation.
So it appears to me the NFL is so hell bent on punishing those who commit domestic violence, it's even going to punish those only accused of it.
Adrina, you strike me as opinionated and generally poorly informed.

Actually, every act of domestic violence and dog fighting the league is made aware of is dealt with. You may think the punishment is too harsh or too light, but it's the same with cases that go to trial.
The league has decided to banish for six weeks one of its best players, Zeke Elliott of the Cowboys. I haven't really followed the particulars for this alleged domestic violence, but I do know the police declined to prosecute and have heard the NFL's own investigator didn't believe the woman who leveled the accusation.
So it appears to me the NFL is so hell bent on punishing those who commit domestic violence, it's even going to punish those only accused of it.
Adrina, you strike me as opinionated and generally poorly informed.

¿Que? :confused:

I wouldn't sweat it too much... this is the fellow that wanted to say we haven't had any hurricanes in a dozen years.

Regardless of the fact I was talking about the football fans (and not the league itself) that suddenly have a huge problem with taking a knee in protest of police brutality are the exact same ones that have said nothing of major or any import about the domestic violence that is rife in the NFL.

I guess the outrage of certain NFL fans is confined to shallow acts of manufactured patriotism as opposed to real acts of violence against women.

Anything to try to score a point. Heh. Pun intended.

I wouldn't sweat it too much... this is the fellow that wanted to say we haven't had any hurricanes in a dozen years.

Regardless of the fact I was talking about the football fans (and not the league itself) that suddenly have a huge problem with taking a knee in protest of police brutality are the exact same ones that have said nothing of major or any import about the domestic violence that is rife in the NFL.

I guess the outrage of certain NFL fans is confined to shallow acts of manufactured patriotism as opposed to real acts of violence against women.

Oh, he's special. I'll try to take a little less glee in making fun of him. I'm sure the hurricanes and all of the insects disappearing is just coincidence and cyclical. :rolleyes: I really hope this place isn't a microcosm of society because if that's true, death to us can't come soon enough.

Do you care for me to expand?
What little I have read of the case included the information that the police didn't want to prosecute and the NFL investigator didn't think the woman leveling the accusation was credible.
I have not followed the daily coverage that includes the endless appeals, mostly because all the information is in the headlines.

Oh, he's special. I'll try to take a little less glee in making fun of him. I'm sure the hurricanes and all of the insects disappearing is just coincidence and cyclical. :rolleyes: I really hope this place isn't a microcosm of society because if that's true, death to us can't come soon enough.

Oh, so you think all the insects are disappearing? You really are special.
Without looking it up, none of you can name one hurricane that reached U.S. landfall after Katrina in 2005 until this year.

Want to make up your mind as to what they're protesting? Institutionalized police brutality (a myth), violence against women (true but hardly rampant), what else?

Ishmael

Back