Want an abortion? Better ask your rapist first

badbabysitter

Vault Girl
Congratulations Arkansas, you've finally made nightmares real

http://www.independent.co.uk/News/w...-planned-parenthood-termination-a7834861.html

outside of having to get permission from rapists to abort rape babies, this new chest nut of a law has additional goodies

like the needing the permission form the father part, because this will magically guarantee all fathers will provide for thier children and they themselves will also magically get pregnant

like, if the woman wanting the abortion is minor, it will now need the parents permission . Yes, I called the girl " it" because apparently it isnt a person anymore

the fetus carrying device formerly known as a woman must now wait 48 hours once given permission from the mennfolks and receive counslelling

this counseling will include...." informed consent" which is already an Arkansas law , which says the fetus incubator must be given medically incorrect information before making a decision, assuming the human growing biomachine is allowed to make a decision

also, the most common, least intrusive and least painful abortion procedure is now also prohibited

wow, you guys really outdid yourself this time

Another reminder why I'm happy to be in Canada

this is a medical procedure, not a moral one

Does the law include only statutory rape and date rape, or does it include all kinds. If the latter, the identity of the rapist is frequently unknown. That's just one of the very negative aspects of this stupid law. Hopefully, it will not survive a Constitutional challenge.

Another reminder why I'm happy to be in Canada

this is a medical procedure, not a moral one

And not even a legal one as there are no laws on abortion either for or against. It is entirely a matter between a woman and her doctor. Without legal hurdles abortions are generally performed early in term.

This is why women still need wire hangers. I love men, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a man who made this decision. (Didn't read it)

Can you imagine a deadbeat dad with children from various women being told he must be sterilized at least temporarily with drug treatments. Think that would be 'constitutional'?

In all honesty, there are also a lot of women who are anti-abortion too. :eek:

It isn't the anti-abortion stance I have an issue with. Having a rape victim suffer more by taking away a personal decision is beyond insanity. These people should have to spend a day with rape victims to see what kind of mental and physical pain they go through.

I won't even mention how it's just another step on the path of controlling what we do and how we live. (Except I did)

Some men regard women having control over their own reproductive decisions as the equivalent of them being emasculated.

Seems like the wing nuts on the right are always complaining about being emasculated. And it's always the "libruls" fault.

Some men regard women having control over their own reproductive decisions as the equivalent of them being emasculated.

Can you imagine a deadbeat dad with children from various women being told he must be sterilized at least temporarily with drug treatments. Think that would be 'constitutional'?

Probably not, but it would certainly be beneficial. A man such as you describe can go to prison for contempt of court if he persists. :mad:

Didn't read the article, I got the gist of it from the crazy comments.

What we need to finish balancing this out is the right of males to legally opt out of any financial obligations to the support of the woman and the baby. Forever.

If it's only a woman's choice for how to treat the baby growing inside of her, then the male that *helped* cause that condition should be able to remove himself from the process just as easily as a woman can get an abortion.

And OP, are you saying that a girl of under 18 years of age should not be legally required to involve her parents? Are you fucking insane?!?

Does the law include only statutory rape and date rape, or does it include all kinds. If the latter, the identity of the rapist is frequently unknown. That's just one of the very negative aspects of this stupid law. Hopefully, it will not survive a Constitutional challenge.

Officially, the law doesn't say anything about rapists. On pen and paper, the only changes are that any disembodied fetal tissue (but not fetal connective tissue) and the dead fetus itself must be disposed of in accordance with The Arkansas Final Disposition Rights Act of 2009, and that "dismemberment abortions" are no longer legal unless there are credible potential risks to the life of the mother. It's a means to humanize a fetus and avert procedures that would be cruel on a human, living or dead, and skated through on the thought of multiple means of abortion making these minor concessions.

The first problem arises because The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists have said very clearly that after 14 weeks, a D&E is the only way to perform an abortion. A D&E dismembers the living fetus, making it a dismemberment abortion. This effectively bars second trimester abortions within the state of Arkansas.

The second problem is that The Arkansas Final Disposition Rights Act of 2009 specifically includes the surviving parent or parents as well as grandparent or grandparents in the act under subsection d1, which deals with control over the remains provided all such parties are 18 or older. Practically, this means H.B. 1566 forces reasonable efforts to locate the missing parent and must disclose the abortion to both families so they can all decide what happens to the remains. As far as rape victims go, this means that rape must be reported and the police must be given a certain amount of time to make an arrest - meaning they either delay the investigation and risk an escape, or go full speed and give rapists a voice in the disposal. While it sounds like a non-issue, the hitch is an abortion cannot go forward without the abortionist knowing ahead of time that the remains can be disposed of lawfully - something that cannot be done under this act until either everyone agrees or a court rules who has say over the matter.

Basically, while these laws don't criminalize abortions or take the decision to abort away from the pregnant individual, it creates such a custodial mess that it becomes nearly impossible to have an abortion before all of the legal options run out.

Dollie

Has anyone here except me been raped? We are not allowed to write stories or even comment about it. This will get deleted soon.
Yet this topic comes up often. I was lucky at a very young age to not become pregnant from multiple rapes while my sister and her husband held me down. At that time nothing was done to the rapist because all but the rapist was family.
Believe me, it affected my life well beyond adulthood.
The only reward was the rapist eventually died of AIDS years later. Karma is good.

Dumping toxic wastes into water and food supplies and air is murder.

Shooting unarmed people under color of law is murder.

Sinking boatloads of refugees is murder.

Removing part of your body is not murder.

Spewing your excess semen on the ground is not murder.

Demanding that murderers be held accountable is not murder.

Get a grip.

Back