What are you fuckers reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
51Ron2QPgxL.jpg

The Forgotten Soldier

by Guy Sajer. 460 pp of the Easter Front in WWII as seen thru the eyes of an Alsatian private. Very revealing.

51wnupYTkOL._SY346_.jpg

In the 1920s, the Osage Indians in Oklahoma were the richest people in America, because of all the oil under their reservation. Then somebody started murdering them.

just finished re reading this

51Ikcwy6-ZL.jpg

now onto

51xe0g-aYaL.jpg

i just wish i could find this Dom nirvana where you cant walk two steps without bumping into them

I loved those Travis McGee books.
I don't know what they are priced at now, but I was totally disappointed a few years back when the Kindle price was in the vicinity of $10. That's too high for books that were popular 40 years ago.

Reading...

I am currently reading October by China Mieville

and trying to finish Lies of Locke Lamora

I loved those Travis McGee books.
I don't know what they are priced at now, but I was totally disappointed a few years back when the Kindle price was in the vicinity of $10. That's too high for books that were popular 40 years ago.

Yes, they still are priced too high, $11.99 from BN and Amazon, but managed to get this one for $1.99. I see it's still available for 1.99 both Amazon and BN.

So now I have the 1st and last Travis McGee books and I want to read them all, but I'm not going to pay their retail price for them. Will probably be able to get used paperbacks for MUCH less.

i am reading this and laughing

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 5.14.10 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 5.14.10 AM.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 0

Independence Day Thought: Thank God That We Finally Got Rid of Obama

by "The Manhattan Contrarian"

...Pushing income inequality as a moral issue, Obama lectured Americans that "at some point you've made enough money." The Wall Street Journal reported over the holiday weekend that Barack and Michelle have just contracted to buy the mansion in Washington's Kalorama neighborhood that they have recently been renting. It is 8200 sq. ft., and the price is $8.1 million. I guess that moral lecture did not apply to ex-Presidents of the correct political affiliation...

The hypocrisy is, of course, mind-boggling. Yet, it never fails— the chumps and the hoopleheads ALWAYS fall for lies and the siren song of "do what I say, not what I do."

Into Thin Air. Jon Krakauer

If you ever thought about climbing Everest this would probably change your mind....

*To be fair I actually didn't read this but downloaded the audio to listen to while driving. But it was good enough to buy a hard copy for the shelves and kept me sitting in my car at various arrivals when I should have been getting out...

The Forgotten Soldier

by Guy Sajer, a young Alsatian drafted into the Wehrmacht who fought 2 years or so on the Eastern Front. I cant believe they didnt surrender, tell Hitler to fuck off.

His hypocrisy....

Independence Day Thought: Thank God That We Finally Got Rid of Obama

by "The Manhattan Contrarian"

...Pushing income inequality as a moral issue, Obama lectured Americans that "at some point you've made enough money." The Wall Street Journal reported over the holiday weekend that Barack and Michelle have just contracted to buy the mansion in Washington's Kalorama neighborhood that they have recently been renting. It is 8200 sq. ft., and the price is $8.1 million. I guess that moral lecture did not apply to ex-Presidents of the correct political affiliation...

The hypocrisy is, of course, mind-boggling. Yet, it never fails— the chumps and the hoopleheads ALWAYS fall for lies and the siren song of "do what I say, not what I do."

So galling, yet his liberal, progressive friends dont get it.

Take your political bullshit to an appropriate thread, assholes. This one is about books.

Some men just aren't happy unless they piss all over everything good - I am sure there is a self-help book for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back