The 'Vargas Girl' Challenge

Well, I tried to use a fancy collage photo editor and failed.

An old photo, something Varga-esque for your viewing pleasure:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Wowzer, now that's a Varga girl, great pic, x

Oh Allia

The best matched pose yet, in fact I prefer yours, you can't beat the genuine thing.

I'd just like to share a photo I took of one of my Miami models many years ago. This is not to cast shame on anyone sharing a photo here, but to suggest a pose that I think is flattering to most body types because of the way it bends the body and hides what most women think are their "problem areas."

This is Dailyn in a classic pinup pose:
PICT0611-L.jpg

Some suggestions:
Keep your feet and knees together. Pinup was never about overt sluttiness, but a playful sexiness. Keeping your knees together also creates the effect of a tapered shape from the hips down and this is generally considered attractive.

Twist your upper body ninety degrees from the direction of your hips, usually with your shoulders towards the camera and hips perpendicular to the camera's line of sight. This forces your shoulders to appear wider than your waist and makes your waist appear smaller because of it. It also makes your butt stick out to the left or right so you can see chest cleavage and ass at the same time. Raising your arms or putting your hands on your hips with elbows out to the sides also helps make your shoulders appear wider, further accentuating the difference between upper body and waist.

Hope this helps. I love the pinup style and wish it was more popular amongst the women who share their photos here.

I'd just like to share a photo I took of one of my Miami models many years ago. This is not to cast shame on anyone sharing a photo here, but to suggest a pose that I think is flattering to most body types because of the way it bends the body and hides what most women think are their "problem areas."

Sorry - I know I need to learn to shut up and to pick my battles 'but' the bit in bold riled me. No one ever says 'but' unless that is exactly what they really mean.

As in:

"No offence, but..." - always followed by something offensive
"I don't mean to be funny, but..." - yes you do...
"This is not to cast shame on anyone sharing a photo here, but..." then why mention it?

Sorry, couldn't stop myself, if not for me then for the many gorgeous girls here who have maybe had to build up the courage to post. I came to this thread because it seemed fun, having a man suggest the most flattering way to pose makes it less fun - I shall head back to my own thread where the gents would not dare (at least not in seriousness...)

Rant over, like I said probably need to learn to pick my battles a little better, apologies if misconstrued. Your model by the way is gorgeous, as is your photography, x

ps - apologies to JRPerrone for slightly hijacking his thread, normal business may resume...

Sorry - I know I need to learn to shut up and to pick my battles 'but' the bit in bold riled me. No one ever says 'but' unless that is exactly what they really mean.

As in:

"This is not to cast shame on anyone sharing a photo here, but..." then why mention it?

Sorry, couldn't stop myself, if not for me then for the many gorgeous girls here who have maybe had to build up the courage to post. I came to this thread because it seemed fun, having a man suggest the most flattering way to pose makes it less fun - I shall head back to my own thread where the gents would not dare (at least not in seriousness...)

Rant over, like I said probably need to learn to pick my battles a little better, apologies if misconstrued. Your model by the way is gorgeous, as is your photography, x

ps - apologies to JRPerrone for slightly hijacking his thread, normal business may resume...

Exactly, fun is exactly what this should be, it is an Amateur Pic thread after all and you girls have embraced the fun and I hope you continue to do so.
Well done all who post here, this thread is certainly one of my favourite place to pause and admire :)

Well, I tried to use a fancy collage photo editor and failed.

An old photo, something Varga-esque for your viewing pleasure:

attachment.php

attachment.php

This is fantastic and the sheer lingerie fits well in the Vargas theme too.

As in:

I feel compelled to chime in here and back Allia 110%. A post on how best to pose might be better suited for the How To thread.

Speaking solely for myself... I am not a 20-something. I am not 120-something pounds. I am not model beautiful. But, I have worked up courage and self-esteem through the ENCOURAGING words shared here.

Perhaps I am more sensitive than most (but I REALLY seriously doubt it). The last thing I want is to have my actions, or any other woman's, vulnerable as they may be, called out as somehow inferior.

I'm building up to anger and trying very hard to resist, because maybe you are just misguided. Maybe you have no idea what it feels like to be 51 and showing your stomach. Maybe you've never worked with a model with stretch marks or wrinkles. Maybe you've never encountered women who have battled their weight and self-esteem all their lives. In fact, I'm willing to be you have not. Because if you had and you posted what you did in a forum such as this, that would make you a royally insensitive complete and total ass. Rather, I choose to believe, you have simply failed to consider other perspectives - such as mine.

But for now, I'll increase my self-doubt. I'll think twice about every pic I post for a while. I'll compare myself to your absolutely stunning model. Because, perhaps you didn't know this either... 1 "helpful" suggestion weighs heavier than 100 encouraging suggestions. Yeah, it's just a glitch in the middle-age self-conscious psyche. I hope to have it worked out by the time I'm 60.

:kiss:
K

I feel compelled to chime in here and back Allia 110%. A post on how best to pose might be better suited for the How To thread.

Speaking solely for myself... I am not a 20-something. I am not 120-something pounds. I am not model beautiful. But, I have worked up courage and self-esteem through the ENCOURAGING words shared here.

Perhaps I am more sensitive than most (but I REALLY seriously doubt it). The last thing I want is to have my actions, or any other woman's, vulnerable as they may be, called out as somehow inferior.

I'm building up to anger and trying very hard to resist, because maybe you are just misguided. Maybe you have no idea what it feels like to be 51 and showing your stomach. Maybe you've never worked with a model with stretch marks or wrinkles. Maybe you've never encountered women who have battled their weight and self-esteem all their lives. In fact, I'm willing to be you have not. Because if you had and you posted what you did in a forum such as this, that would make you a royally insensitive complete and total ass. Rather, I choose to believe, you have simply failed to consider other perspectives - such as mine.

But for now, I'll increase my self-doubt. I'll think twice about every pic I post for a while. I'll compare myself to your absolutely stunning model. Because, perhaps you didn't know this either... 1 "helpful" suggestion weighs heavier than 100 encouraging suggestions. Yeah, it's just a glitch in the middle-age self-conscious psyche. I hope to have it worked out by the time I'm 60.

K

Kitty - you are gorgeous (and no-way are you 51!!!)

Thanks for backing me up, I hovered over submit for some time because I know I can be a little overly sensitive sometimes but if I'm not the only one that felt it, I'm glad I spoke out. I feel a bit of a numpty at times because I know this probably isn't the right forum for a feminist agenda...

Once more, you are beautiful, and that shot of the mink/not mink was amazing, a proper work of art, x

Great pic allia, I love it

Thank you, :) x

May not be a mirror image, but nicely done.

Cheers! :) x

Exactly, fun is exactly what this should be, it is an Amateur Pic thread after all and you girls have embraced the fun and I hope you continue to do so.
Well done all who post here, this thread is certainly one of my favourite place to pause and admire :)

Thanks for agreeing with my slightly mad rant...:eek: x

This is Dailyn in a classic pinup pose:
PICT0611-L.jpg

Some suggestions:
Keep your feet and knees together. Pinup was never about overt sluttiness, but a playful sexiness. Keeping your knees together also creates the effect of a tapered shape from the hips down and this is generally considered attractive.

Twist your upper body ninety degrees from the direction of your hips, usually with your shoulders towards the camera and hips perpendicular to the camera's line of sight. This forces your shoulders to appear wider than your waist and makes your waist appear smaller because of it. It also makes your butt stick out to the left or right so you can see chest cleavage and ass at the same time. Raising your arms or putting your hands on your hips with elbows out to the sides also helps make your shoulders appear wider, further accentuating the difference between upper body and waist.

Hope this helps. I love the pinup style and wish it was more popular amongst the women who share their photos here.

You may want to look at a filter before you speak...just my advice.

Thank you all for taking my post exactly as it was meant to be taken: As a mean-spirited assault on everyone who posts a picture of themselves and not, as some misguided persons may have interpreted it, as a suggestion from someone who knows what the fuck he is talking about. /sarcasm

If, like most people, you all would prefer to post pictures that are hastily taken and poorly lit or posed, by all means, ignore me and do so (it really seems like the men here prefer their women to have put no thought whatsoever into their photos, so you'd probably be doing them a favor), but if you would like instead to have a little help, you can accept what I've written as an idea of what to try if you're completely out of other ideas.

Notice I didn't pick one of your photos to tear apart as an example of what not to do. Instead, I posted a picture I have actually made myself instead of downloading some supermodel from the internet. The model in my photo isn't even a professional. Like you, she just enjoys being in front of a camera, and to date she has only posed for me and two other photographers.

Also, I have photographed plenty of other women, and some of them are over 50. Unfortunately, like the rest of you women who are so tuned into public media that you can't look at another woman without hating yourselves, those older models are unwilling to sign a release and merely paid me to take their photos while remaining anonymous to the world, so those images will forever be hidden from public view, as much as I love the way they look.

Having said all this, I will not remove or edit my previous post. If you don't like what I've written, there is little I can do to change your mind. If you want to use it as inspiration, by all means, do so. Or, as I suspect most will do, please use it to fuel your hatred of all things honest and feel free to write about it at length.

K

K, gorgeous sexy beautiful K ;) I for one greatly appreciate your courage to pose and post photos of your beautiful sexy self. I would also extend this heartfelt gratitude to all of you very sexy ladies that take the time and effort to dress up, pose and post these absolutely gorgeous photos! Thank you, thank you, thank you !!!

Thank you all for taking my post exactly as it was meant to be taken: As a mean-spirited assault on everyone who posts a picture of themselves and not, as some misguided persons may have interpreted it, as a suggestion from someone who knows what the fuck he is talking about. /sarcasm

If, like most people, you all would prefer to post pictures that are hastily taken and poorly lit or posed, by all means, ignore me and do so (it really seems like the men here prefer their women to have put no thought whatsoever into their photos, so you'd probably be doing them a favor), but if you would like instead to have a little help, you can accept what I've written as an idea of what to try if you're completely out of other ideas.

Notice I didn't pick one of your photos to tear apart as an example of what not to do. Instead, I posted a picture I have actually made myself instead of downloading some supermodel from the internet. The model in my photo isn't even a professional. Like you, she just enjoys being in front of a camera, and to date she has only posed for me and two other photographers.

Also, I have photographed plenty of other women, and some of them are over 50. Unfortunately, like the rest of you women who are so tuned into public media that you can't look at another woman without hating yourselves, those older models are unwilling to sign a release and merely paid me to take their photos while remaining anonymous to the world, so those images will forever be hidden from public view, as much as I love the way they look.

Having said all this, I will not remove or edit my previous post. If you don't like what I've written, there is little I can do to change your mind. If you want to use it as inspiration, by all means, do so. Or, as I suspect most will do, please use it to fuel your hatred of all things honest and feel free to write about it at length.

You know if what you say would come off as advice rather than constant negative criticism, people would be more open to your opinion. These women here are beautiful, takes alot of courage and strength to do what they do. And yes, I would much rather see a photo of one of these beautiful women, hastily taken, than a photo some jackass photographer has taken as he crys about lighting and the flaws of his models. If those are the type of photos you are looking for, maybe this is not the place for you. There are many Forums on this site, I'm sure someone of your vast intelligence can find one where the appearant idiots here do not dwell.

Guys, I think we need to remember that this is amateur pic feedback.

None of what Ekserb said was in any way offensive, nor was it aimed at anyone in particular. Take the advice or don't, but don't let it ruin the fun of the thread! :heart:

None of what Ekserb said was in any way offensive, nor was it aimed at anyone in particular. Take the advice or don't, but don't let it ruin the fun of the thread! :heart:

Shit!! You're right. My apologies.

Now can we take the "feedback" part off the forum title? Ignorance is bliss.

^^^^ this

Adding to it; this is a 'challenge' & challenges aren't easy.

I appreciate the pose suggestion & that he explained exactly what it does.

Last edited:
Back