Here's How Donald Trump Could Become President

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the veep debate will prove unusually important in the outcome of this election, for several reasons. Looking forward to it.

By the way, AJ, Obama had a six point lead in this poll at this point in 2012. Trump has a five point lead now.

I'm paying less and less attention to the while thing.

The one takeaway for me is that the polls seem to be Brexit close...

I'm paying less and less attention to the while thing.

The one takeaway for me is that the polls seem to be Brexit close...

I'm pretty familiar with Mike Pence, and I think he's going to surprise a lot of people during the veep debate.

The dum, dum Trump. Picks a fight with Ms. Universe and won't let it die....keeps picking at the scab....can't leave it alone....she's a drug dealer, and god knows what else, but Trump gets down in the mud with her....idiot. Even cheerleader Newt had harsh words for Trump....

Can the man NOT Tweet at 3am? or, maybe don't Tweet at all? Can the man just act Presidential??? Now, Obama can kid around here and there, but its nothing compared to the dumb stuff Trump does...

Sorry, I can't vote for a guy that just doesn't have the sense to realize how to run a campaign....can't do it. Love him on The Apprentice, love him on Howard Stern....but not running the country.

Last edited:
Get ready everyone for the Clinton Derangment Syndrome frothfest of the weekend. Has to do with basements apparently, if my Twitter feed is anything to go by.

I'm pretty familiar with Mike Pence, and I think he's going to surprise a lot of people during the veep debate.
How sad that the VP's are better candidates than the actual people running for President??? sad indeed

Get ready everyone for the Clinton Derangment Syndrome frothfest of the weekend. Has to do with basements apparently, if my Twitter feed is anything to go by.

What now?

What now?

Some audio from a fundraiser. She accurately describes why millennials are frustrated with their current situation and disillusioned with politics as usual. I.e a mix of idealistic wishing for fast progressive change and a lack of opportunities in spite of economic growth. She mentions that some get college degrees but still only get crap jobs and have nowhere to live but their parent's basements.

This is apparently the same as attacking them. Trumpistas are trying to make it the new Deplorables.

Some audio from a fundraiser. She accurately describes why millennials are frustrated with their current situation and disillusioned with politics as usual. I.e a mix of idealistic wishing for fast progressive change and a lack of opportunities in spite of economic growth. She mentions that some get college degrees but still only get crap jobs and have nowhere to live but their parent's basements.

This is apparently the same as attacking them. Trumpistas are trying to make it the new Deplorables.

Well she has it right about the kids living in the basement.... I wish I had stayed in my parents basement for a few more years....I miss that home cooking

Except that the actual Deplorables are non-ironically self-signifying as Deplorables in their usernames, in a stupid attempt to reverse-engineer the bitch slap. While double-downing on doing the shit that makes them Deplorable to begin with.

Had they been smart, they would've let the moment wash over, but...welp. :(

Except that the actual Deplorables are non-ironically self-signifying as Deplorables in their usernames, in a stupid attempt to reverse-engineer the bitch slap. While double-downing on doing the shit that makes them Deplorable to begin with.

Here's the thing, man. Everyone wants status, some want to get it, others keep it. When you have a President that has a mandate to reduce the majority in this country, some countrymen and women, are going to have a problem with it.

Calling them "Deplorables" is out of line....and not fair.

Here's the central part of the apparently horrible :confused: thing she said:

On the other side, there's just a deep desire to believe that we can have free college, free healthcare, that what we've done hasn't gone far enough, and that we just need to, you know, go as far as, you know, Scandinavia, whatever that means, and half the people don't know what that means, but it's something that they deeply feel.

So as a friend of mine said the other day, I am occupying from the center-left to the center-right. And I don’t have much company there. Because it is difficult when you’re running to be president, and you understand how hard the job is — I don’t want to overpromise. I don’t want to tell people things that I know we cannot do.

Some are new to politics completely. They’re children of the Great Recession. And they are living in their parents’ basement. They feel they got their education and the jobs that are available to them are not at all what they envisioned for themselves. And they don’t see much of a future.

I know, shocking, right? She should say this, verbatum, on the stump, if you ask me.

Anyway, now you know what it's about when the usual suspects get their marching orders to try and make #BasementDwellers a thing.

Last edited:

Some people are proud to be American Zumi...I know it's like a crime against humanity to most of the uber megametro area hipsters but it's true.

Not everyone hates the USA and what it represents as much as you and yours. Since apparently that makes them deplorable then most are proud to own it.

All Hillary needs to do is just keep doing, what she's been doing. Playing it cool, not getting to deep into ideas and mandates. Just look Presidential, and stop trying to be likeable....give that up already, she is NOT likable and never will be.

Let her VP smile Ad Nauseam, that dude creeps me out....

Not everyone hates the USA and what it represents as much as you and yours. Since apparently that makes them deplorable then most are proud to own it.

You could have fooled me that your history of posts didn't indicate that you hated the USA and almost everything else but yourself. :rolleyes:

You could have fooled me that your history of posts didn't indicate that you hated the USA and almost everything else but yourself. :rolleyes:

Wow your reading comprehension really is poor.

Was there anything in that post indicated I give a shit about the USA?

The idea of the USA is a huge fucking lie and I got over that way back when I was still in the Army.

That doesn't mean there aren't still people out there trying to keep the American dream alive in spite of the religious right and regressive lefts constant efforts to destroy every last bit it.

You won, congratulations!

Last edited:
How sad that the VP's are better candidates than the actual people running for President??? sad indeed

It is sad, no doubt, but also funny, if you can make yourself laugh. How in the hell did the country put itself in this situation? Ridiculous.

Anyway, suffice it to say Pence is far, far more disciplined than Trump, as will undoubtedly be made clear in the veep debate.

It is sad, no doubt, but also funny, if you can make yourself laugh. How in the hell did the country put itself in this situation? Ridiculous.

Anyway, suffice it to say Pence is far, far more disciplined than Trump, as will undoubtedly be made clear in the veep debate.

And it will be boring as hell.

This election season has conditioned the public to expect clown shoes and carnage. I wonder how the battle between a sexually repressed accountant and an uncool high school maths teacher is gonna engage anybody.

And it will be boring as hell.

This election season has conditioned the public to expect clown shoes and carnage. I wonder how the battle between a sexually repressed accountant and an uncool high school maths teacher is gonna engage anybody.

Yeah, Pence will probably try to discuss some real issues. People aren't interested in shit like that.

From Nate Silver @FiveThirtyEight

Election Update: Clinton’s Debate Performance Is Helping Her In Swing States

National polls conducted since Monday’s presidential debate have shown Hillary Clinton ahead of Donald Trump by an average of about 4 percentage points — a meaningful improvement from her position before the debate, when she led by just 1 or 2 points. Now, it’s becoming clearer that battleground state polls are moving toward Clinton as well. These include the first results since the debate from high-quality, live-caller telephone polls; the numbers we’d been getting earlier this week were all from online or automated polls.

So, what data have we gotten since then?

• In New Hampshire, a MassINC Polling Group poll (live caller) had Clinton up by 7 points.
  • In Michigan, a Glengariff Group poll (live caller) had Clinton up by 7 points.
  • In Florida, a Mason-Dixon poll (live caller) had Clinton up by 4 points.
  • Also in Florida, an Opinion Savvy poll (conducted by automated telephone and online) had the race essentially tied (Clinton up by 0.3 points).
  • And finally, in Nevada, a Suffolk University poll (live caller) had Clinton ahead by 6 points.
As you can see, these results are pretty much exactly what we’d expect with a Clinton lead of 3 to 5 percentage points nationally. In fact, they’re mostly toward the high end of the range, which means that her lead over Trump nationally could eventually turn out to be more like 5 points than 3 points as more data comes in.

The most impressive result for Clinton is probably the Suffolk poll of Nevada. I didn’t establish a benchmark for Nevada in Thursday’s write-up because there’s been a divergence between polls and demographics there all cycle, with polls showing it as a Trump-leaning state while demographics imply it should remain Democratic. But her 6-point lead in the Suffolk poll — the largest lead she’s had in any live-caller poll in Nevada all year — is the sort of number our model was expecting to see there all along. As a caution, Suffolk’s sample sizes are on the smaller side (500 people) so we’ll need to see more data from the Silver State.

Still, the polls have told a pretty consistent story overall. Among the 11 swing state polls conducted since the debate, Clinton has led in all 11.

Last edited:
One camp is blatantly flailing their arms around knowing they're going to lose the election.

The other half are Trump supporters.

I can feel the world's butthole cringe like a nervous rabbit's nose already.

One camp is blatantly flailing their arms around knowing they're going to lose the election.

The other half are Trump supporters.

I can feel the world's butthole cringe like a nervous rabbit's nose already.

Yes, please, do continue living in that delusion. It helps get out the vote.

Yes, please, do continue living in that delusion. It helps get out the vote.

I'm Canadian living in Andrea Horvath's riding.
Yeah, parliamentary voting system only keeps insiders inside. I hear Hillary is a big supporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back