March Same title Challenge

#22 is delightfully wicked, but too short get a sense of who wrote it.

Not that it matters anyway - I'm like 3 for 15 so far.

If you know that UYS has dogs it might make sense who wrote it, that or someone got rid of a troublesome neighbor, metaphorically that is :rolleyes:

Time's Up!! and so are the names because I doubt I will have time tomorrow. If you have any late entries you want adding to the thread, please send them to Angeline.

Ashesh9 .............. 15, 17, 20
Piscator ............... 1
GuiltyPleasure ...... 2, 9, 12, 26
Sinseria ............... 4, 16
HoneyAdored ....... 21
Angeline .............. 3
Lyricalli ............... 5
Magnetron ............ 6
Legerdemer ......... 24
HarryHill .............. 7
butters ............... 10
AlwaysHungry ...... 11
greenmountaineer ..19
Trixareforkids ....... 18
Remec ................. 14
UnderYourSpell ...... 8,13, 22,23, 25

Seems plausible. It is a very simple, direct and elegant poem. It immediately caught my eye when UYS unleashed the whole barrage of them. I was somewhat overwhelmed, getting all the challenge entries in one swell foop -- I'm used to having them appear gradually, so that I can take my time and digest them one by one.

Thank you :)

Clearly I was wrong about #9, because Champs doesn't appear on the list of contenders. Maybe GP or Angeline? Oops, Angeline has already guessed UYS for that one, so I lean toward GP.

I managed to get this one on my second try. Guessing GM and Ash was easier.

Seems plausible. It is a very simple, direct and elegant poem. It immediately caught my eye when UYS unleashed the whole barrage of them. I was somewhat overwhelmed, getting all the challenge entries in one swell foop -- I'm used to having them appear gradually, so that I can take my time and digest them one by one.

I was told to put them all up at once because it's a same Title challenge and that way people can't influence each other. It was only because I was generous with the time slot that others got added.

Last edited:
I was told to put them all up at once because it's a same Title challenge and that way people can't influence each other. It was only because I was generous with the time slot that others got added.

Yep, that's how we've always done a same title challenge here. Everything goes up at once so readers can see the diversity of approaches the poets took. I guess one would see it either way, but that's how they were doing them when I came to the forum. :)

YAYAYA another glorious challenge heh thank you UYS for taking the time and the inbox spammage :p ...its definitely interesting to see the different takes on the same title poem challenge ...and lots of great poems came out of this one to! heh was going to go through and write comments on my favs but well there is to many!

heh and of course all my guesses was wrong! lol cept Ange for 3 ...but I initially thought Champs :p ...but I was super happy / humbled that peoples liked my number 4 poem! ....I was scarred of that one!

YAYAYA another glorious challenge heh thank you UYS for taking the time and the inbox spammage :p ...its definitely interesting to see the different takes on the same title poem challenge ...and lots of great poems came out of this one to! heh was going to go through and write comments on my favs but well there is to many!

heh and of course all my guesses was wrong! lol cept Ange for 3 ...but I initially thought Champs :p ...but I was super happy / humbled that peoples liked my number 4 poem! ....I was scarred of that one!

Inbox spammage certainly sums it up perfectly! There were plenty of messages flying back and forth and don't worry they weren't just yours :) But we got there in the end and I'm thrilled too that your poem was so well received, so I will indulge in a 'I told you so' :)

Inbox spammage certainly sums it up perfectly! There were plenty of messages flying back and forth and don't worry they weren't just yours :) But we got there in the end and I'm thrilled too that your poem was so well received, so I will indulge in a 'I told you so' :)

heheheh I bow to your greatness!!! :p

Thanks so much for doing this, Annie. It was fun and, dare I say, there was a fertile crop of poems.

That's what I thought--that it proved a fertile idea. :D

Annie thank you for all the work (you went beyond the call of duty on this one!), and now you need a vacation from us!

I will be back to comment on some of the poems but I am a) still too brain dead from the 30/30 and b) my cupboards are bare. But I'll be back. There's too much good in this challenge not to comment.

And btw thank you GM for your kind words about my poem. We're so often on a similar track when we write, aren't we? :) :rose:

I'd like to thank you too, Annie, both for a great, well run challenge and for your patience with me. Kudos to the other participants, some great stuff, as ever. :rose: x 12 for all

That's what I thought--that it proved a fertile idea. :D

Annie thank you for all the work (you went beyond the call of duty on this one!), and now you need a vacation from us!

I will be back to comment on some of the poems but I am a) still too brain dead from the 30/30 and b) my cupboards are bare. But I'll be back. There's too much good in this challenge not to comment.

And btw thank you GM for your kind words about my poem. We're so often on a similar track when we write, aren't we? :) :rose:

Indeed. The 2 poems had the same culture, if not epoch, although I'd characterize #19 as an "anti-fertility poem," for lack of a better term.

I have to say #3 was my favorite.

The more I read #3 the more it grows on me. I really like it when that happens.

just got use of my laptop back, which is why my own posts have been so short, few and far between since i was pecking out responses on my tablet, laggy and frustrating as hell!

so: thanks, annie, for shouldering the workload on this one; thanks to everyone who entered pieces; and apologies for not getting my own guesses in before the grand reveal. this challenge, as per ususal, spawned some intriguing, inspirational and artistic work that reminds me what a great resource this site can be for aspiring writers. :cool:

even though i didn't get round to commenting much, i was reading and giggling at the guesses. my own were just as off target in most cases. :rolleyes:

so, between all you guys entering this challenge and the frustrations i've had to endure since my laptop lost its power source till now, i'm thinking of tackling the 30/30. :eek:

Back