What went wrong with these?

Hi everyone. I'm a long-time site user and a relatively new author. This is my first time posting on the board.

I have a question for some of the more seasoned authors and reviewers on here: what went wrong with these stories?

https://www.literotica.com/s/the-security-guard-fucked-me
https://www.literotica.com/s/the-security-guard-fucked-my-wife

I worked hard on them and thought that they would be good enough to share. However, an anonymous poster (or maybe several different anons) rated them low and posted really nasty comments.

I realize that I can't please everyone. I also know the first rule of internet is "Do not feed the trolls" so I haven't responded or lashed out at those anons. However it made me question what is wrong with my stories to generate such ugly comments.

I would appreciate it if you could review and let me know where specifically I went wrong so that I can avoid comments in the future like "Dude, just stop." and "Worst story ever".

Thanks in advance.
CoolSide

Are the comments the only thing that makes you think something went wrong?

I'm not one of the experienced writers, but I'm experienced enough to know that you can't please everyone, and some people get nasty when they don't get off. Don't worry about them. You have more positive comments than negative.

Both stories have had a lot of views and they have a good number of favorites, I don't know what the scores are, but otherwise they look successful.

I think two main things--

First, from what I've gleaned in the forums, stories where the woman is dominant are less popular (generally speaking), especially if she dominates a man, as in your first story. So that may be working against you with a certain segment of readers.

Second, I also gather non-con is a hit-or-miss category. Some will say it's not rough enough, others that it's too rough, etc. I'd guess, too, that having the guy be the victim will make some readers rate it lower.

Best to ignore the trolls. Also, you can delete comments. If you want to, go ahead. A lot of people leave troll comments up, and that's fine, but you don't have to.

Thanks for your reply PennLady. Wouldn't deleting negative comments feed the trolls though, and encourage them to leave more? Or do you think that once they feed (comment), they move on?

like PennLady said, it's hit-and-miss. keep writing, though.

be very careful of Loving Wives if you venture there. you think you've had harsh feedback so far? :eek:

Hi everyone. I'm a long-time site user and a relatively new author. This is my first time posting on the board.

I have a question for some of the more seasoned authors and reviewers on here: what went wrong with these stories?

https://www.literotica.com/s/the-security-guard-fucked-me
https://www.literotica.com/s/the-security-guard-fucked-my-wife

I worked hard on them and thought that they would be good enough to share. However, an anonymous poster (or maybe several different anons) rated them low and posted really nasty comments.

I realize that I can't please everyone. I also know the first rule of internet is "Do not feed the trolls" so I haven't responded or lashed out at those anons. However it made me question what is wrong with my stories to generate such ugly comments.

I would appreciate it if you could review and let me know where specifically I went wrong so that I can avoid comments in the future like "Dude, just stop." and "Worst story ever".

Thanks in advance.
CoolSide

I recognise the first anonymous commentor on your first story. He, presumably he, doesn't like ANY stories with strong women in them and leaves similar comments on every one he reads. Just delete it. It's his problem that he can't see fictional femdom as fiction, not your story.

Poor baby, looks like you have tender skin syndrome. LITs a rude awakening after a life filled with gold stars and t-ball trophies.

thankees.

what you writing at the moment?

A colossal tale of a serial killer paroled from prison to assassinate a kid who hacked a computer and exposed VIPs to ridicule and embarrassment. Its 21K words at the moment. I expect 25K to 30K total. He's a kinder, gentler Hannibal Lector at 2 meters tall and 300 pounds. I expect to submit it on New Years. One boxing scene runs 4000 words.

Thanks for your reply PennLady. Wouldn't deleting negative comments feed the trolls though, and encourage them to leave more? Or do you think that once they feed (comment), they move on?

I don't know. I'm lucky and don't get many trollish comments, so I haven't had to deal with it much. I have in the past deleted a couple of comments, and the commenters didn't come back.

But it may depend on how determined the troll is. Some are probably done once they comment, others may go back to see a reaction. To me, it doesn't matter. If YOU don't want the comment there, for any reason, delete it, and you don't owe anyone an explanation. You can keep deleting as often as they keep posting.

You can also disable anonymous feedback, since I know a lot of people troll under anonymous. The downside is that other people post anonymously for various reasons, and you'd lose those comment as well. You have to decide how much you can/want to deal with.

I don't know. I'm lucky and don't get many trollish comments, so I haven't had to deal with it much. I have in the past deleted a couple of comments, and the commenters didn't come back.

But it may depend on how determined the troll is. Some are probably done once they comment, others may go back to see a reaction. To me, it doesn't matter. If YOU don't want the comment there, for any reason, delete it, and you don't owe anyone an explanation. You can keep deleting as often as they keep posting.

You can also disable anonymous feedback, since I know a lot of people troll under anonymous. The downside is that other people post anonymously for various reasons, and you'd lose those comment as well. You have to decide how much you can/want to deal with.

s'cause you're romance and not loving wives. ;)

A colossal tale of a serial killer paroled from prison to assassinate a kid who hacked a computer and exposed VIPs to ridicule and embarrassment. Its 21K words at the moment. I expect 25K to 30K total. He's a kinder, gentler Hannibal Lector at 2 meters tall and 300 pounds. I expect to submit it on New Years. One boxing scene runs 4000 words.

what about the smutty scenes? :D

Write what you want, ponder valid criticism, and have fun.
If someone offers you a paycheck, then take their comments seriously.

Yes, deleting the comments let's them think they got to you and many times will lead them to come back and say "what's the matter can't take it" so best thing I have found to do is leave them there and let people who like the story make fun of them.

Your stories are being abused by the 'real men' of lit. Women on top stories are not popular here except to a small handful of men who are secure enough in their manhood to enjoy a woman having control some or all of the time

And that's about 10% if that on this site from what it seems like.

Its so bad here that femdom, which in the real world is a huge part of BDSM, on this male ego driven site gets killed in BDSM and only does well in fetish because that 10% of men seem to hang out there.

So my advice would be if you enjoy writing femdom stories then put them in fetish even if there are other 'kinks' at play. Fetish is a loose genre that has a very tolerant audience and is very accepting of pretty much anything, even strong women.

Understand on this site "strong women" are blasphemy and I know this because I've been writing them here for five years and laughing at your trolls and the ones juts like them the entire time.

Yes, deleting the comments let's them think they got to you and many times will lead them to come back and say "what's the matter can't take it" so best thing I have found to do is leave them there and let people who like the story make fun of them.

I used to leave all the comments on my stories for years but when I started getting comments on a significant number of them from the same anonymous (issue, style and wording were similar) I started deleting them. Anon was obviously having a personal campaign against my work.

The only response I got was when 'Admin' deleted an anon PC within an hour of it being posted - for including an url. I responded that I hadn't read it before it was deleted (I could still see it in my Member's Area), but anon was still annoyed with me.

Most people who leave comments don't return to see if the author responds. They've read the story, left a comment, and then move on. If they want a start conversation about a story, it is better to send feedback with a return email address. But most rude anon comments are just trying to irritate the author.

I love troll comments...well I used to. I would laugh, a lot. I have since grown tired of troll comments and shut off comments and voting. Poor trolls read, at least the first page, then scroll to the last page to leave a rude comment and a 1 bomb and find they can't. I now laugh even harder. :D:devil:

And there are those who disagree, holding that leaving the comments there shows the commenter controls you. About the second time you delete someone's attempt to slam your story unreasonably (by any standard you choose--the Web site lets you choose), it usually takes the wind out of their sails. They didn't put the comment there to have it disappear. You have the power to delete any comment you don't want there; it you don't use that power, you are giving that power to someone else.

I love troll comments...well I used to. I would laugh, a lot. I have since grown tired of troll comments and shut off comments and voting. Poor trolls read, at least the first page, then scroll to the last page to leave a rude comment and a 1 bomb and find they can't. I now laugh even harder. :D:devil:

nice move. :D

Back