The Digital Ireland ( Irish ) Thread

Why thank you. Its 3pm... yeah time enough to pour one.
So, we seem to be an elite little bunch around these parts. Obviously Catholic Guilt keeps most of us away, or we just lurk rather than post.

Why thank you. Its 3pm... yeah time enough to pour one.
So, we seem to be an elite little bunch around these parts. Obviously Catholic Guilt keeps most of us away, or we just lurk rather than post.

Probably lurking ( behind closed doors etc) There are a few of us in other threads and our previous thread was allot more active but people move on

>Sol

I've been reading the stories on here for years. But only discovered the forums in the last week or two. Trying to get involved rather than lurk!

I've been reading the stories on here for years. But only discovered the forums in the last week or two. Trying to get involved rather than lurk!

Think thats the same for everyone ! For me I found this sight years back on my WAP phone ( shudder) but only fourmed up when broadband became stable ( over half a MB )

>Sol

You lost me at WAP..... broadband blah blah MB blah blah..... I think you gave me a headache!!

Oops natural born geek :p

Back when phones could first go online I meant to say.

>Sol

Ahhh, back in the day.....
When we only had 2 TV channels.... when phones had a dial (and a dial tone)..... when you made a date for the following Saturday night and had to wait a whole week with no communication to see if he'd show up under the Clerys clock....

Ahhh, back in the day.....
When we only had 2 TV channels.... when phones had a dial (and a dial tone)..... when you made a date for the following Saturday night and had to wait a whole week with no communication to see if he'd show up under the Clerys clock....

Well I'm a bit newer but used rotary phones ( really loved using them ) and met a couple of ladies under that clock

>Sol

To be fair I'm not THAT old.... poetic licence for nostalgia.
Maybe I was waiting beside you for some boy!!

It is that small a country !
Once dated a girl in college who turned out to be the twin of a really good friend from primary school... :eek:

>Sol

Oh I know. Sure everyone knows everyone. I started a job in Ennis many years ago, and I was recognised by a guy. He used to spend summers with his cousins who lived round the corner from me. They were all girls, so he remembers looking out the window at all us girls playing, feeling left out!! I was only about 10 at the time, 12 years later he remembered me. Actually, that's a bit freaky now that I say it. Hmmm. I must have made an impression in my short summer dresses lol

Some people have a beauty that they don't realise they possess. Obviously you did for him;)

>Sol

Who me?
(raises right hand )
I'm Innocent as the day I was born

>Sol
( Two fingers crossed on left hand behind back)

As an Irish passport carrying literotican downunder, I hope I can wander through the thread from time to time.

Not Irish, but currently visiting your lovely country. Wanted to say hello :)

Dublin is a delightful place minus the bus strike today.

Don't bullshit a bulshitter!!!!!!
No BS , I promise

As an Irish passport carrying literotican downunder, I hope I can wander through the thread from time to time.

suí síos as an tine
Of course it is !

Not Irish, but currently visiting your lovely country. Wanted to say hello :)

Dublin is a delightful place minus the bus strike today.

fáilte roimh mo chara
Tell me about it !
Least you got reasonable weather :D

>Sol

More Photos of Dublin

Father Mathew's looking up the River Liffey - St. Paul's Church is the domed building on the right
Out of shot ( at the end of the bridge ) is The Quill a 400 year old pub

r808_zpss2xatly8.jpg

>Sol

X-POST from LINK

Just found this on Kickstarter

This appeals to me - obviously as a gamer - but also as a mac na hÉireann this rings a deeper cord

>Sol

Reminding Irish lit'ers there is a digital version of Ireland out here

Less Denis O'Brien and water charges (naturally)

Spend a while or a post to say hi!

>Sol

Last edited:
Reminding Irish lit'ers there is a digital version of Ireland out here

Less Denis O'Brien and water charges (naturally)

Spend a while or a post to say hi!

>Sol

The blue and grey landscape here has precious little in common with the emerald isle that I remember, but I guess you mean in spirit, if nothing else.

Back