What do you watch on Netflix?

You're just another performance alt.

GB and their paranoia… Most stupid thing I ever heard… Why would anyone think of doing that ? (although those sort of pranks would have been v. appealing to me during my teenage years)

I am who I say I am (have 2 usernames hs + hsalt)

Just out of curiosity, whose alt do you think I am ?

GB and their paranoia… Most stupid thing I ever heard… Why would anyone think of doing that ? (although those sort of pranks would have been v. appealing to me during my teenage years)

I am who I say I am (have 2 usernames hs + hsalt)

Just out of curiosity, whose alt do you think I am ?

I don't care.

Insidious Chapter 1 and 2

There's something that doesn't fit the mold for me as far as typical ghost story, even though it feels kind of similar. And not talking about the bad habit of horror movies lately to overuse jump scares or reveal too much about their monsters/antagonistic ghosts. Even the stuff I feel is good about a horror movie is missing from these films, to the point where it's almost campy or dorky feeling(and not just the comic relief that was put there intentionally but the actual parts they're trying to make scary).

...But I like/love it. I dislike these movies but I really really don't. They were entertaining and fun to watch. The acting was great for this type of film. And I love the way they play with this other world and time. It's engaging in a way I didn't expect them to be. The only thing I do not like is at the end, they come up with the counter-intuitive solution to make the main guy forget his abilities again. Yeah, because forgetting about it was totally not what caused all the issues in the first place concerning his son being born with the same ability. Let's sterilize the kid as well so that just stops completely, or risk the exact same story being told later when HE grows up with a family all his own and has a kid with the same ability that none of them can remember having themselves. Just kind of odd. Other than that, no complaints. I love the roles people played, how they were utilized, the back stories and the characters themselves. Loved the old woman who helps them.

The Pact 1 and 2

I originally tried to watch the Pact fall last year and stopped it and for some reason gave it a single star on Netflix. I can't remember why. Something must have been pretty damning in the first 10 minutes of the film. I'll admit, they start slow but giving it another go, I realize there is so much information the camera gives us. Not a wasted shot. So, even with a bit of a build up, it's illuminating to the background of these characters and who they are without coming right out and saying it. Interesting stories as well, both kind of typical, hitting all of those tropes(hidden sibling, ghost seeking justice, blind medium, girl power, protag in first movie dies in the second, etc.) but it was interesting nonetheless and execution is well done. Like with the camera shots, I didn't feel like there was any part of it that didn't answer it's own mysteries or wasted time.

These Final Hours

Australian-made film about an impending apocalypse and a guy struggling to find where he wants to be when it all ends. Very depressing but also heartwarming, the way it deals with the subject of death and time. All the things that do and don't matter when you've got literally hours until all life on the planet dies. What little lies we tell ourselves in our insecurities, what we use for comfort and what it means about being true to who you are even when in just a couple hours, there will be no memory of it and it wouldn't have made a difference in the long run. Isn't making every moment count the true definition of who we are? What we choose to do, who we choose to be with, right here and right now and why.

I watched OITNB and loved seasons 1 and 2, but was disappointed with season 3. I am on season 2 of House of Cards and have seen a few episodes of Breaking Bad but am having a hard time getting into it.

Just started watching the art of killing. Disturbing documentary on the genocide in indonesia.

Sense8 was interesting if you don't mind the preachy trans-humanist utopian.

I watch Breaking Bad and stuff like that with Byron, but I gave it up after he died. I watch Acorn sometimes now.

I watched OITNB and loved seasons 1 and 2, but was disappointed with season 3.

Same here. Been marathoning the fuck out of this and seasons 1 and 2 were amazing. Great storytelling and great characters. Not sure about the developments in season 3 so far. I'll probably stick with it because I'm a finisher. Except during hiatuses. Once I catch up to a series and they go on hiatus for the summer or whatever, I usually don't check back in when the new season starts. I always tell myself I will, that I'm waiting to collect a bunch of episodes that I can watch in one sitting but I never really do.

I watched season 1 of Daredevil.

15 minutes of paint drying
30 seconds of violence
30 seconds of violence
30 seconds of violence

I watched season 1 of Daredevil.

30 seconds of violence
30 seconds of violence
30 seconds of violence

I don't know how you managed a whole season, episode 1 lost me. I honestly got so bored I started looking for housework I could do.

Started watching, Wet Hot American Summer: too stupid, but a big cast

Back