First album you bought

First album was Hi Infidelity by REO Speedwagon.

First cassette was Pyromania by Def Leppard.

First CD was Queen's Greatest Hits.

First album was Hi Infidelity by REO Speedwagon.

First cassette was Pyromania by Def Leppard.

First CD was Queen's Greatest Hits.

My first 45 was Queen, We Are the Champions on one side and We Will Rock You on the other. I played it hundreds of times.

Billy Joel's greatest hits volume 1&2

He is playing Wrigley Field this summer. Debating just how into debt I am willing to go for good tickets.

Billy Joel's greatest hits volume 1&2

He is playing Wrigley Field this summer. Debating just how into debt I am willing to go for good tickets.

That would be an awesome show in a great venue! I will have to look into that!

Gee, I think the first one I owned was given to me by my parents - the album from television show Fame. I must have been about 10 years old. The first I bought, I think, was Howard Jones a couple years later. Both were on vinyl.

It seems like it may have been a Hall & Oats record. Can't remember for sure.
I had Bon Jovi on cassette tape

My first 45 was Queen, We Are the Champions on one side and We Will Rock You on the other. I played it hundreds of times.

Bizarrely this was possibly the first single I bought too.

First records I came across (in a mainly non musical household) was the Shadows Apache EP, the Beatles Help album, West Side story album and a Pinkie and Perkie single in blue vinyl ;) - these were the only records in 'our' record player / music centre

Musically I have digressed since then ............

My first album I purchased was 10 cc Bloody Tourist.

I took my son to see him about 14 years ago. It was a very well produced/entertaining show!

Weird Al is the only concert I have seen more than once, and I would see him again. I just saw him two years ago and he still puts on a well produced/entertaining show!

Licensed to Ill by The Beastie Boys. Paul Revere is in my top 5 songs of all time!

Weird Al is the only concert I have seen more than once, and I would see him again. I just saw him two years ago and he still puts on a well produced/entertaining show!

I've never seen him in concert, but I've heard a lot of great things! (If I recall correctly, even once where he performed for free, people only expected a couple of songs, but he went on to perform an entire set. He's apparently very generous with his time and talent.

My first album was a gift from my dad. It was Michael Martin Murphy's Horse Legends. I was really into horses when I was a kid.

I've looked over this thread several times & can't remember what mine is.
It was a used cd or cd's from The Beat Goes On chain. Either ACDC, GNR, Motley Crue. :confused:

L:rose:

3458407aee4f71407d947b2ef79aa527.jpg

Same but i bought Ghostbusters Soundtrack with it.

Your second was my first. I killed my Bat out of hell album, killed my cassette and then went through several CD's. Love it for life. Would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses?

Only cassette I ever wore out was Van Halen

01-Van-Halen.jpg

1. "Runnin' with the Devil" 3:36
2. "Eruption" (instrumental) 1:43
3. "You Really Got Me" (Ray Davies) 2:38
4. "Ain't Talkin' 'bout Love" 3:50
5. "I'm the One" 3:47
Side B
No. Title Length
1. "Jamie's Cryin'" 3:31
2. "Atomic Punk" 3:02
3. "Feel Your Love Tonight" 3:43
4. "Little Dreamer" 3:23
5. "Ice Cream Man" (John Brim) 3:20
6. "On Fire"

I probably burned thru at least two cassettes to the point of not playing at all. Even the last one I bought has drag in it. Thank god for digital downloads

Only cassette I ever wore out was Van Halen

01-Van-Halen.jpg

1. "Runnin' with the Devil" 3:36
2. "Eruption" (instrumental) 1:43
3. "You Really Got Me" (Ray Davies) 2:38
4. "Ain't Talkin' 'bout Love" 3:50
5. "I'm the One" 3:47
Side B
No. Title Length
1. "Jamie's Cryin'" 3:31
2. "Atomic Punk" 3:02
3. "Feel Your Love Tonight" 3:43
4. "Little Dreamer" 3:23
5. "Ice Cream Man" (John Brim) 3:20
6. "On Fire"

I probably burned thru at least two cassettes to the point of not playing at all. Even the last one I bought has drag in it. Thank god for digital downloads

Good one. I had 1984 first and worked my way back to that album.

The Allman Brothers- Eat a Peach

Before that was all 45's or listening to AM late into the night on my Sony transistor radio. The ear plugs kept it quiet when I was supposed to be sleeping.

Back