Peaceful Muslims

Actually it isn't. There is no decree within the Qur'an or the Haddiths requiring women to wear veils or burqas. Those requirements fall within the realm of 'local custom', the third tier of Islamic jurisprudence. It's a bottom up imposition of local customs to the entire spectrum of Islamic womanhood by the fundamentalists.

Ishmael
Islamism and Islam is not the same thing. That's why I didn't say it's a Mulsim decree.

But yes, that's accurate.

First you defend one type of Islamic treatment of women - the hijab. Make no mistake, it's an Islamic decree. No more, no less.

Actually it isn't. There is no decree within the Qur'an or the Haddiths requiring women to wear veils or burqas. Those requirements fall within the realm of 'local custom', the third tier of Islamic jurisprudence. It's a bottom up imposition of local customs to the entire spectrum of Islamic womanhood by the fundamentalists.

Ishmael

Islamism and Islam is not the same thing. That's why I didn't say it's a Mulsim decree.

But yes, that's accurate.

Too friggin funny...

Are you saying you doubt that religion can be bad for everyone? :confused:

Then you know the Ottoman Empire conquered most of north Africa and the Middle East besides the Balkan Peninsula. I would call that treating those nations badly.

No, I don't doubt that religion is bad for everybody. I doubt it's anywhere near the top cause of human violence. I think upwards of 90% of what's blamed on religion can more easily be explained by economics and resources. I don't honestly believe that anybody living in Iraq hates me because of my freedom. My freedom doesn't do shit to them. But wanting what I got. That makes sense. The religion is by and large an excuse, just like racism. I'm not saying it never happened, but if you think the Crusades were actually a fight over temples and not control of the Silk Road that's on you.

Yes, the Ottomans had an impressive empire, they held it together for nearly a thousand years and were a cultural center of the world for much of that period of time. China conquered most of its neighbors, So did America (though our neighbors were Indians.) And as bad off as the Indians are nothing in the US or China is unstable. Poor yes, Poor as fuck but no unstability with dictators in charge. Hell the USSR was stable it's these broken off countries that lack the resources to stand on their own that are constantly causing hiccups.

I would maintain that overall the Ottomans were a damn good thing for the area as a whole. Carving up the empire with little knowledge of the local cultures. . .not so much. All of our problems with the Middle East can be traced back to that, Egypt in particular.

Boxlicker has expressed more of his own philosophy, his own belief that too much religion is bad for everyone. Ottomans got nothing to do with it.

Nope. He said the Ottomans did more damage than the West. Try to keep up, or at least mind your damn business.

Nope. He said the Ottomans did more damage than the West. Try to keep up, or at least mind your damn business.

giphy.gif

tumblr_m3q9jpRRs81qew1kc.gif

tumblr_mn6khm6knq1ss8oplo1_400.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_n5gu2uka3V1rfduvxo1_500.gif

^LOL, but do you think they know what shade means?

Heh heh heh. Sean and a select few others on our "side," but for the most part the derelict RW nimrods we push back against are forced to run to Google to find out what even obvious slang terms mean. :D

Heh heh heh. Sean and a select few others on our "side,"...

It's ok, wannabe: you can say its' a "black" thing...

...it's not like more than "a select few others on" your side don't already understand what a bigoted piece of shit you naturally are.

It's ok, wannabe: you can say its' a "black" thing...

...it's not like more than "a select few others on" your side don't already understand what a bigoted piece of shit you naturally are.

Someone's upset.

It actually started in the gay community. But I will break it down and tell you what it means,

"Shade
acting in a casual or disrespectful manner towards someone/dissing a friend
throwing shade, acting kinda shady "

Groovy, man. LOL

Old foggy right wingers have no sense of humor just racial insults.

I'd be upset too if I had a dick and it went limp constantly when its moan and grunt time.

[Pssst, Boobs: I hate to be the one to break it to you, but it ain't always about you. Sorry.]

You quoted Zumi in that response. I had a response then you said it was your way of flirting with me. How is it your way of flirting when you weren't even talking to me in the first place?

Are you going senile?

:confused::confused:

Someone's upset.

It actually started in the gay community. But I will break it down and tell you what it means,

"Shade
acting in a casual or disrespectful manner towards someone/dissing a friend
throwing shade, acting kinda shady "

Groovy, man. LOL
Welll, if the gays do it, it must be cool....

When you can't speak proper Latin you speak British. When you can't speak proper British you speak American English. Good job though.

They are well known for their superior style and fasion.

They do actually bring life to bad neighborhoods, in a good way. I've seen it a dozen times around here.

:heart:
When you can't speak proper Latin you speak British. When you can't speak proper British you speak American English. Good job though.

They are well known for their superior style and fasion.

But we know if it's black, according to Vetteman the racist old bitter fart, it's inferior. Typical.

Klan with a tan.....cute

Wow, I got called a racist? By vetteman? LOL

0019.gif

Last edited:
Back