i dunno anymore

Sorry you are feeling down. More sorry someone felt the need to kick sand in your face. I hope you can find the strength and clarity of mind to make the right decision for yourself. Whatever that may be. :heart:

i don't know why i'm posting this, but i'm 36, married nearly 15 years and i'm about ready to leave my husband. he was the first guy i'd ever been with and after all these years, i find it hard to separate but have been so down in the dumps....i just dunno and its sad and ARGGGGGGH

While this site can be a great outlet for reaching out, there is no substitute for getting professional counseling. Please do not feel there is a stigma in doing this. We can all use advice and suggestions for improving our lives. Also, sometimes it just feels good to have someone to listen, and counselors know how to do this in a positive manner. I wish you good luck and hope things start looking brighter today.

Try a few ideas from lit on him?

Last shot... Maybe he's bottling things up too?
Margaritas in margaritaville moment?

I was seeing some one similar to your situation two years ago. She was married to her High School Sweetheart. She felt like crap and he cheated on her a couple times. So she divorced him and was enjoying life again. She did tell me she wanted to be back with him for the kids sake. It just depends on what you want really.

While this site can be a great outlet for reaching out, there is no substitute for getting professional counseling. Please do not feel there is a stigma in doing this. We can all use advice and suggestions for improving our lives. Also, sometimes it just feels good to have someone to listen, and counselors know how to do this in a positive manner. I wish you good luck and hope things start looking brighter today.

This is a good response - It must be worth seeking some help before you give up on stuff entirely? There is no shame in that at all. I'd even consider it admirable.

If it helps, my parents married at 19 and are still together after 50 years.

This is a good response - It must be worth seeking some help before you give up on stuff entirely? There is no shame in that at all. I'd even consider it admirable.

If it helps, my parents married at 19 and are still together after 50 years.

which kinda blows the ^^^ ''dumb' ^^^ theory to shit, eh?

Agreed. I think if you wait until you're sure, you die single. It's a leap of faith - jump in and hang on for the ride: there's sure to be bumps, but that's just all past of being human

*bites GA's bum*

I don't see how that is the case. Those were also different times; people grew up faster back then. Plus, why would I want to get married just to show I love someone? Couldn't I express my love in a different way that doesn't make a bet that you can take half my shit if the marriage doesn't work out?

I don't see how that is the case. Those were also different times; people grew up faster back then. Plus, why would I want to get married just to show I love someone? Couldn't I express my love in a different way that doesn't make a bet that you can take half my shit if the marriage doesn't work out?

like i said, you're entitled to an opinion.

however, people grew up faster back then? i'd argue the inverse.

and, if you're going to go into a marriage with half a mind towards 'the aftermath'... then you're probably not committed in the first place.

like i said, you're entitled to an opinion.

however, people grew up faster back then? i'd argue the inverse.

and, if you're going to go into a marriage with half a mind towards 'the aftermath'... then you're probably not committed in the first place.

well by growing up i mean finishing your education, moving out of your parent's home, getting married and having children. Back then, all those things typically happened earlier in life compared to now.

well by growing up i mean finishing your education, moving out of your parent's home, getting married and having children. Back then, all those things typically happened earlier in life compared to now.

what are you basing this statement upon? i'd be interested to know the stats. are you basing your assumptions on US or European demographics? or perhaps elsewhere?

interesting excerpt from the 'report'.

However, they also found that people who marry later aren't necessarily happier, and married couples report being more satisfied with their lives:

so...?

married couples more satisfied compared to whom? Singles? I could see that. Couples who live together but are not married? I don't see why that would be the case.

married couples more satisfied compared to whom? Singles? I could see that. Couples who live together but are not married? I don't see why that would be the case.

erm ... you read the report, yeah?

Thirty-five percent of single men and cohabiting men report they are “highly satisfied” with their life, compared to 52 percent of married men. Likewise, 33 percent of single women and 29 percent of cohabiting women are “highly satisfied,” compared to 47 percent of married women.

erm ... you read the report, yeah?

Thirty-five percent of single men and cohabiting men report they are “highly satisfied” with their life, compared to 52 percent of married men. Likewise, 33 percent of single women and 29 percent of cohabiting women are “highly satisfied,” compared to 47 percent of married women.

I didn't read it since I already knew my original point was right: people are getting married later in life these days. I was pretty shocked you didn't actually believe me and requested proof.

I didn't read it since I already knew my original point was right: people are getting married later in life these days. I was pretty shocked you didn't actually believe me and requested proof.

don't take it personally; i seldom take anything at face value. in my experience people are only too happy to react to hearsay and rumour. as for the 'proof', well, it's hardly an official report from a reputable source, but the facts may well be represented in the report you linked. one factor for the rise in marriage age could also be the shift in attitude towards living together without being married no longer carries the stigma it once did.

whatever, your initial post didn't do anything to help the OP, which is the reason i asked 'why?' in the first place.

and now we've hijacked the thread...

don't take it personally; i seldom take anything at face value. in my experience people are only too happy to react to hearsay and rumour. as for the 'proof', well, it's hardly an official report from a reputable source, but the facts may well be represented in the report you linked. one factor for the rise in marriage age could also be the shift in attitude towards living together without being married no longer carries the stigma it once did.

whatever, your initial post didn't do anything to help the OP, which is the reason i asked 'why?' in the first place.

and now we've hijacked the thread...

I see. I do think you're right about the stigma about non-married couples living together being a big reason for people marrying later in life. That's how I see it going for me anyway; I'm not marrying someone unless I've lived with them for a while to know I'd enjoy it.

Anyway, I have no proof of this, but it is possible that the OP got married at a very young age due to social pressure or something, which is something I'd hate to see. People should get married when they're ready, not when they've been alive for a certain amount of time that dictates they should be getting married around that time. Or they could live a happy life with someone without ever getting married, which is probably where I see my life headed.

Back