Age restriction

Aurimaz

Virgin
I know we are all bound to the rules of Literotica if we want to post our writings here. Especially one rule, which forbids pedophilia.

Now I have an idea for my fictional story and the problem is, my main character is 17 (few weeks to 18'th birthday). Everything is rendered through his point of view. Point is, if I make him 18 already, the story loses all charm. The whole deal covers his activities BEFORE birthday and some time AFTER it.
So, I'm interested if such story can really pass the age restriction? Basically, I could call him 18 years old (but only in the very end of the tale).

I really need some advice. My firs story here (besides, English is not my first language) and I already have some doubts...

I know we are all bound to the rules of Literotica if we want to post our writings here. Especially one rule, which forbids pedophilia.

Now I have an idea for my fictional story and the problem is, my main character is 17 (few weeks to 18'th birthday). Everything is rendered through his point of view. Point is, if I make him 18 already, the story loses all charm. The whole deal covers his activities BEFORE birthday and some time AFTER it.
So, I'm interested if such story can really pass the age restriction? Basically, I could call him 18 years old (but only in the very end of the tale).

I really need some advice. My firs story here (besides, English is not my first language) and I already have some doubts...

any sexual activity before 18 is very likely to get the story rejected. it's a fine line you're treading.

possible resolution: write it and submit it. if it bounces back at you, jig the relevant parts around (no pun intended) and try again.

good luck. :)

I *think* that a non-detailed announcement ("I had my first fuck at fifteen") would pass but an explicit recounting ("he shoved his 17-year-old cock into my jailbait pussy") would not. Now, if he was a 17yo Elf or Kobold, that might pass.

I just mentioned in another thread here that I'm writing a tale that will involve sex between underage siblings. Ah, but when they have sex, they will no longer be human, having been transformed into hermaphroditic gastropods. (Alas, with a tragic ending.)

But the rules here say DON'T DEPICT SEX INVOLVING HUMAN MINORS and 18 years is the cutoff. Any tale not abiding by the rules must be posted somewhere else, if at all.

...or I could post a warning for a reader that not all of my characters are 18 (at least not till the story ends) And if a reader is afraid of prosecution, he or she shouldn't read the first part...

Okay, I'm joking here, but I'll try something. Thanks.

i can link a site that has a barrier at 16+, but you need to turn your PMs on. it wouldn't be right to link the site here on lit.

...or I could post a warning for a reader that not all of my characters are 18 (at least not till the story ends) And if a reader is afraid of prosecution, he or she shouldn't read the first part...

Okay, I'm joking here, but I'll try something. Thanks.

It isn't a question of prosecution, it is breaking one of Literotica's only rules.

No sex before 18 is the site owners' decision. Any attempt to wriggle around it will mean the story will be rejected, again and again. Any story you submit is likely to be examined more carefully once you have tried to break the no sex before 18 rule.

Why do the site owners set that rule and stick to it?

My view is that there are many organisations and individuals, particularly in the US, who would love to close down all erotic sites. Any stories that include sex before the age of 18 could be accused of encouraging paedophiles and paedophilia. Setting a minimum age of 18 protects the owners, the site, and us the authors.

Imagine how much easier life would be if so many hours weren't lost to trying to figure out who is try to skirt the rules.

Like it or not, 18 is the rule, and it's one that's enforced.

It isn't a question of prosecution, it is breaking one of Literotica's only rules.

No sex before 18 is the site owners' decision. Any attempt to wriggle around it will mean the story will be rejected, again and again. Any story you submit is likely to be examined more carefully once you have tried to break the no sex before 18 rule.

Why do the site owners set that rule and stick to it?

My view is that there are many organisations and individuals, particularly in the US, who would love to close down all erotic sites. Any stories that include sex before the age of 18 could be accused of encouraging paedophiles and paedophilia. Setting a minimum age of 18 protects the owners, the site, and us the authors.

Ok, you convinced me. I'll change the plot and try to improve it somehow. It's not like the main character is fucking around non-stop anyway. Thanks.

Ok, you convinced me. I'll change the plot and try to improve it somehow. It's not like the main character is fucking around non-stop anyway. Thanks.

Lit is by far the best and most popular erotic story site on the net. I think the laws covering under-18's in sex videos are a factor in the rule. You don't want Lit to get closed down, surely?

You could say in the preamble at the start of your story that all characters are over 18 and never mention ages in your stories.

You can start it with him just turning 18 and have him flasback to prior to his birthday but there can't be any sex or detailed sexual thoughts.

You can start it with him just turning 18 and have him flasback to prior to his birthday but there can't be any sex or detailed sexual thoughts.

Isn't that her problem? She needs sex (not personally, I mean). Flashbacks don't work here surely.

No...

In the UK the age of consent, and of possible marriage with parental approval, is 16.

But I would never write a story that features sex or marriage below the age of 18 because it would attract the wrong sort of attention. I certainly wouldn't submit it to Literotica even though the story would be legal in the UK.

Writing any erotica is problematic if you are employed in any capacity that deals with children e.g. a teacher, or in any government organisation. If your stories are discovered it could lead to summary dismissal even though what you wrote is legal.

If you write about any sexual activity before the age of 18, there could be a witch hunt in the media. Whether the story is in theory permissible would be irrelevant. It could damage not just your employment but your social life.

In some countries the stories I write could put me in jail for years without the necessity of a trial, and mine are fairly mild by comparison with others on Literotica.

Anything published here, or anywhere on the internet, can be accessed anywhere, copied and pasted anywhere whether as you wrote it or in a much modified form - with your name attached to it.

I don't write for Japanese Anal Fisting Teenagers, but apparently my stories appear on a site for them.

Be careful. Be cautious. Protect your real identity - and do not jeopardise the existence of Literotica by breaking the rules.

In the UK the age of consent, and of possible marriage with parental approval, is 16.

:eek: That was something I didn't know about the UK.

Even in Vegas I doubt you'll get anywhere near a marriage license before the age of 18 over here...

Gretna Green Marriages

When the law in England changed, eloping to Scotland became popular for under age weddings.

But, from my wife's family history researches, it was possible for people to marry in England without parental consent just by lying about their ages (and sometimes stating that their parents were dead, when they weren't).

The marriage didn't have to be at Gretna Green. It could be anywhere in Scotland. Gretna Green was just the first place on the main road from England and was equipped to conduct hasty marriages.

From Wikipedia:

Gretna Green is one of the world's most popular wedding destinations, hosting over 5,000 weddings each year in the Gretna/Gretna Green area, and one of every six Scottish weddings.

It has usually been assumed that Gretna's famous "runaway marriages" began in 1754 when Lord Hardwicke's Marriage Act came into force in England. Under the Act, if a parent of a minor (i.e., a person under the age of 21) objected, they could prevent the marriage going ahead. The Act tightened up the requirements for marrying in England and Wales but did not apply in Scotland, where it was possible for boys to marry at 14 and girls at 12 with or without parental consent (see Marriage in Scotland). It was, however, only in the 1770s, with the construction of a toll road passing through the thitherto obscure village of Graitney, that Gretna Green became the first easily reachable village over the Scottish border. The Old Blacksmith's Shop, built around 1712, and Gretna Hall Blacksmith's Shop (1710) became, in popular folklore at least, the focal tourist points for the marriage trade. The Old Blacksmith's opened to the public as a visitor attraction as early as 1887.

The local blacksmith and his anvil have become the lasting symbols of Gretna Green weddings. Scottish law allowed for "irregular marriages", meaning that if a declaration was made before two witnesses, almost anybody had the authority to conduct the marriage ceremony. The blacksmiths in Gretna became known as "anvil priests", culminating with Richard Rennison, who performed 5,147 ceremonies.

if I make him 18 already, the story loses all charm.
Can you tell us why this is so? There are some very naive and virginal 18 year olds out there. And even though the law says you're an adult at 18 (in the U.S.) that doesn't mean your parents or any other adults will treat you as if you are. So, why is the charm lost if he's 18? :confused:

Can you tell us why this is so? There are some very naive and virginal 18 year olds out there. And even though the law says you're an adult at 18 (in the U.S.) that doesn't mean your parents or any other adults will treat you as if you are. So, why is the charm lost if he's 18? :confused:

I wondered this myself. Just as people say being 18 doesn't make you sexually knowledgeable -- in Lit terms, at least ;) -- it doesn't make you suddenly worldly and knowledgeable about other things, either.

But I would never write a story that features sex or marriage below the age of 18 because it would attract the wrong sort of attention. I certainly wouldn't submit it to Literotica even though the story would be legal in the UK.

Writing any erotica is problematic if you are employed in any capacity that deals with children e.g. a teacher, or in any government organisation. If your stories are discovered it could lead to summary dismissal even though what you wrote is legal.

If you write about any sexual activity before the age of 18, there could be a witch hunt in the media. Whether the story is in theory permissible would be irrelevant. It could damage not just your employment but your social life.

In some countries the stories I write could put me in jail for years without the necessity of a trial, and mine are fairly mild by comparison with others on Literotica.

Anything published here, or anywhere on the internet, can be accessed anywhere, copied and pasted anywhere whether as you wrote it or in a much modified form - with your name attached to it.

I don't write for Japanese Anal Fisting Teenagers, but apparently my stories appear on a site for them.

Be careful. Be cautious. Protect your real identity - and do not jeopardise the existence of Literotica by breaking the rules.

Well said.

Because I'm writing about young genius in a college (17 years old college freshman). If I rise his age... Well, I already did that by a few months, so there's no problem with age restrictions anymore.
As you can see now, 17 years old college freshman is more impressive than 18 y. old one. And THAT age causes some serious pressure for the main heroine of the story (who is a senior at the same college).

In short, I'm writing about young people, who are very mature, and about older people, who are very childish.

Last edited:
Back