The last person to post here wins . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way back when, my neighbour, who had already restored a Ford Model T and couple of Model A's, acquired what was left of a 1922 Paige 6-66 Daytona. Once he had it restored, he invited me along for a 'test drive'. It was interesting. The engine got it up to about 100 mph; but the brakes took half an hour or so to slow it down again. :eek:

Way back when, my neighbour, who had already restored a Ford Model T and couple of Model A's, acquired what was left of a 1922 Paige 6-66 Daytona. Once he had it restored, he invited me along for a 'test drive'. It was interesting. The engine got it up to about 100 mph; but the brakes took half an hour or so to slow it down again. :eek:

My ex was into cars. He did a lot of buying and selling. Did paint and body work for a living. Muscle cars. Chevy, Ford, Buick . . . we had so many different cars I lost track. When we had our own body shop, we did restorations. Mustangs, Corvettes, Impalas . . . I liked some of the cars we had. Others, I didn't care for.

Our son was into fast cars. He built a motor for his 64 Impala SS back in the early 90s that had 530 HP. I still regret passing on his offer to drive it.

I like speed. Miss my Corvettes.

You expected something tacky from me? ;)

Of course not, M'am. :D:eek:

My grandpa had a Maserati convertible at one point. I remember he would take us all on rides through the neighborhood in it.

My uncle has the shell of a classic Corvette Stingray. He could restore it if he put in the money for an engine and transmission.

Of course not, M'am. :D:eek:

My grandpa had a Maserati convertible at one point. I remember he would take us all on rides through the neighborhood in it.

:cool:

We had a neighbor with a DeLorean, back when we lived in Florida. The ex had a boss with a Viper . . . and friends with a tubbed Vega . . . and street rods and low riders and an endless list of cool cars that ended up in car magazines.

:cool:

We had a neighbor with a DeLorean, back when we lived in Florida. The ex had a boss with a Viper . . . and friends with a tubbed Vega . . . and street rods and low riders and an endless list of cool cars that ended up in car magazines.

There's a guy who lives around here with a DeLorean. See it quite often driving around the neighborhood.

I started an Authors Hangout Car Show thread awhile back. If I had unlimited money, I'd really want an Italian supercar. :D

You expected something tacky from me? ;)

From what I have learned from looking at films and so on, those might be quick and even pretty, but they would not survive on a European road for very long. Too unstable without a decent suspension set-up, or so I am told.
And I've never understood the idea of burning rubber that much. Get the grip, get going!

But for sheer Go!, try these.

There's a guy who lives around here with a DeLorean. See it quite often driving around the neighborhood.

I started an Authors Hangout Car Show thread awhile back. If I had unlimited money, I'd really want an Italian supercar. :D

De Lorean ?; Oh yes please; it was a very nice car. A bit weird in parts but it fit me beautifully, when I tried one on at a Transport show last year.

What do you do now, tie his legs and lower him to go get it ?

Next, we try t again and if that doesn't work, we go in with an impression block and see if we an see anything. After that we try a wireline with an infrared camera.

Then we can tie his legs together and lower him away.

De Lorean ?; Oh yes please; it was a very nice car. A bit weird in parts but it fit me beautifully, when I tried one on at a Transport show last year.

So, do you know the Bricklin? A predecessor of the DeLorean, wasn't it? I have a relative with two and a half of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back