The Isolated Blurt BDSM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In his book The Miracle of Mindfulness, Buddhist teacher Thich Nhat Hanh suggests that doing the dishes or other similarly mechanical tasks can be an excellent means of meditation.

I second that. I struggle with meditation from a "sit down and meditate" standpoint, but I reach a similar state much more easily when I'm doing something.

I second that. I struggle with meditation from a "sit down and meditate" standpoint, but I reach a similar state much more easily when I'm doing something.

Ditto. Sitting meditation is rarely successful for me. I have a much better and renewing experience when I can get lost in the moment of completely and intensely focusing on just starting and finishing one thing. Even more so when I have the space and extended and uninterrupted period of time. Repetition and/or focus on drawing or coloring in intricate detail seems naturally cathartic and somewhat hypnotic as well. I really enjoy creating mandalas these days and the colors and symbols I choose can often reveal intimate things I didn't even realize were weighing on mind.

I know this may sound a bit nuts to many of you but once during an intensely stressful period in my life, I blocked out an entire weekend and painted a large room an earthy green with a little 2 inch paint brush in total no human contact or media for 48 hours kind of silence. OK, yeah so maybe I was a little high on paint fumes, but I think it really was a meditation cave of sorts that gave me some peace and clarity that I needed and the painted room was a nice bonus. :)

I can't do sitting meditation to save my life. I find mantra meditation energizing, but there is absolutely no type of meditation that makes me calm or sleepy or any of that crap. My brain just doesn't work that way. :rolleyes:

Sitting meditation makes me calm and sleepy. Usually because when I do try it, it's usually 6 a.m. or midnight. :rolleyes:

Ditto. Sitting meditation is rarely successful for me. I have a much better and renewing experience when I can get lost in the moment of completely and intensely focusing on just starting and finishing one thing. Even more so when I have the space and extended and uninterrupted period of time. Repetition and/or focus on drawing or coloring in intricate detail seems naturally cathartic and somewhat hypnotic as well. I really enjoy creating mandalas these days and the colors and symbols I choose can often reveal intimate things I didn't even realize were weighing on mind.

I know this may sound a bit nuts to many of you but once during an intensely stressful period in my life, I blocked out an entire weekend and painted a large room an earthy green with a little 2 inch paint brush in total no human contact or media for 48 hours kind of silence. OK, yeah so maybe I was a little high on paint fumes, but I think it really was a meditation cave of sorts that gave me some peace and clarity that I needed and the painted room was a nice bonus. :)

No judgement here at all. At least not from me. I had a...moment of loss of composure during a rotation in veterinary school during rounds. While I sat there trying to collect myself, I doodled/scribbled/whatever my notebook page until it was more geometric shapes, patterned shading and other nonsense than notes!! It did make me feel better, though....

I need a good rope session. I can put myself in a basic sort of shibari-type harness, but it's no where near as fun doing it on my own. Just kind of makes me excited instead of making me feel more satisfied :rolleyes: plllllp

Less than epic day.

Had a job interview in the morning. Kinda tanked it.

Someone in the grocery store had thought it's a good idea to put fresh herbs on a really high, kinda wobbly shelf. But worry not, it doesn't wobble anymore! Because it doesn't exist. Because I knocked it over trying to get rosemary. And the shelf fell into two pieces. I did get rosemary, though.

I stained my dress with beets and then proceeded to roast them with the rosemary that caused the mayhem at the grocery store. I forgot to add the rosemary altogether.

Decided to make a mudcake for the weekend. Put the springy part of the spring form on upside down and the batter leaked into the oven.

I'm going to proceed to drink every last drop of liquor I can find at home. Because I'm too afraid to go anywhere anymore, lest I accidentally kill someone.

Thank you kitty, for bringing me that "present" in the middle of the night. It's so awesome that it was alive and you put it right on me. NO SLEEP AND MAJOR HEEEEEEBS!

I think I actually levitated out of my bed from terror. Kitty is so proud of herself today though.

I'm rather overdue for a really good pillow fight. It's officially bumping up a few spots on my to do list.

Last edited:
My reaction to a rewatch of "Thunderball"

CONSENT IS PARAMOUNT, MOTHERFUCKER!
also;
NEVER LEAVE ANYONE ALONE IN BONDAGE!

My reaction to a rewatch of "Thunderball"

CONSENT IS PARAMOUNT, MOTHERFUCKER!
also;
NEVER LEAVE ANYONE ALONE IN BONDAGE!

I need a good rope session. I can put myself in a basic sort of shibari-type harness, but it's no where near as fun doing it on my own. Just kind of makes me excited instead of making me feel more satisfied :rolleyes: plllllp

Discus, lol

Thank you kitty, for bringing me that "present" in the middle of the night. It's so awesome that it was alive and you put it right on me. NO SLEEP AND MAJOR HEEEEEEBS!

I think I actually levitated out of my bed from terror. Kitty is so proud of herself today though.

Mine used to do the same thing.

"Look at what I brung ya! Look at what I brung ya!"

Woke up this morning with a killer sore throat. I need to cough, but its far too painful. Hopefully I don't sound this terrible tomorrow; I need my voice to work and I'm out of sick days.

I did NOT consent for this. Caffeine withdrawal is TOTALLY beating my brains into goo -_- Yes, Master Caffeine...I will drink more coffee; you can stop now, please -__-

Headaches need a safe word xP

My horrible Friday was just a prelude to the horror that was my weekend. I don't think I've ever been this glad that it's Monday again.

To celebrate that I survived the weekend I signed up for a Yiddish class for this fall. Because why not.

Last edited:
Still think of you. Can't spend much time on here because if it. Sorry the crazy came out...it was just a bad time in my life. Thanks for making me smile and teaching me I don't have to be in charge of everything.
Aloha

Well fuck.

That'll teach me for being all positive and happy and finally getting my shit together.

It really is starting to feel personal here.

So come on, what else ya got for me?

I think the new job arrangement of 55 hours a week is what triggered these shingles. BLEAH! But they are mild and I am going about my business. But still, I'm a smidge over 30, what gives?

Also I wonder what WriterDom is up to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back