The Harvard Education: Polly wants a cracker*

Harvard hasn't been the same since Samuel Adams graduated from it at the age of 18 in 1740...

Harvard university is the single most elite and prestigious educational institution in the entire world.

Only the best of the best of the best get to go there.

That is a bad joke Mike. Harvard has become a characature of itself and isn't in the top 50 as of now. It mimics itself.

That is a bad joke Mike. Harvard has become a characature of itself and isn't in the top 50 as of now. It mimics itself.

I thought Harvard ranks #1 almost every single year.

Last edited:
I thought Harvard's entry requirements are a 4.0 GPA and perfect or near-perfect SAT scores + tons of AP credits and extracurriculars.

They hand out 4.0s like they're green M&Ms...

Hell, I've seen some of my kids graduated 4.7, 4.8. When no kid can be left behind, the only way to do that is to turn them into C students on a liberal curve...

Now, let's talk MIT.

;) ;)

Heard at least one person familiar with Harvard say that while it's hard to get into that one in it's not any harder than any other university

I always get a good laugh when people invent shit out of thin air.

"I heard from someone who was maybe the third cousin of my uncle's best friend's son in law...."

Yeah but a conservative internet guy decided it's not good so there you have it. It's a fact now.

Only the best and brightest go to Harvard.

It is the major leagues of the academic world.

Last edited:
I think Obama went there. I hope he wasn't caught cheating.

He sealed his school records, probably because he got terrible grades.

George W. was a C student at Yale and Harvard, he barely graduated.

He sealed his school records, probably because he got terrible grades.

Since Harvard is on record acknowledging that Obama graduated magna cum laude it's hard to suggest that he did poorly. Unless you're AJ, then magna cum laude from Harvard Law is like doing well in community college.

Romney graduated cum laude in the top 1/3 of his Harvard Law class.

I had one Harvard-educated professor along the way. His lectures were incredible, in a different league than the rest except for just one or two others.

I had one Harvard-educated professor along the way. His lectures were incredible, in a different league than the rest except for just one or two others.

Exactly, only top-tier people get into Harvard.

Does this thread have a point? Because I don't see one.

الموقع الرسمي لجامعة القاهرة يختص بأخبار هيئة التدريس والإدارة وشئون الطلاب والخريجين.

:cool:

Something something something Cairo something something something.

Only thing in Arabic I know what it looks like...

Hell, I've seen some of my kids graduated 4.7, 4.8. When no kid can be left behind, the only way to do that is to turn them into C students on a liberal curve...

Now, let's talk MIT.

;) ;)

Not only do I agree with you about that other university MIT but they're rated far above Harvard in many areas of learning and even on a general basis of all curriculum it is rated 3rd to 5th.
None the less, these ratings are the creation of various magazines in order to fill space with what looks like genuine information.
Ratings are not done by educational institutions, even they aren't that self serving or boastful.

Last edited:

Now, let's talk MIT.

;) ;)

I'm still waiting for a valid point here. Some evidence would be nice, too:rolleyes:

I'm still waiting for a valid point here. Some evidence would be nice, too:rolleyes:

Now that is one arrogant post. Gump simply posted common knowledge and while you might not know this or believe it, it is none the less true. Even you must know that in a grade point system which extends from either 0 to 4.0 or from 1.0 to 4.0, depending on the district, any grade higher than 4.0 is both meaningless and impossible, grades above 4.0 abound, ridiculous.

Gump's inferred polint is that GPAs don't mean a darn thing and he's right and you don't have a right to your so called evidence. Do your own research if you want to disprove him or me, otherwise shut the hell up.

Now as far as rolling your eyes, well it's the womanly thing to do so hang in there baby.

Ciao

Since Harvard is on record acknowledging that Obama graduated magna cum laude it's hard to suggest that he did poorly. Unless you're AJ, then magna cum laude from Harvard Law is like doing well in community college.

Romney graduated cum laude in the top 1/3 of his Harvard Law class.

If the Obama camp can get court records unsealed to damage an opponent, I'm sure liberal Harvard will do and say whatever Obama wants.

Not only do I agree with you about that other university MIT but they're rated far above Harvard in many areas of learning and even on a general basis of all curriculum it is rated 3rd to 5th.
None the less, these ratings are the creation of various magazines in order to fill space with what looks like genuine information.
Ratings are not done by educational institutions, even they aren't that self serving or boastful.

:cool:

If the Obama camp can get court records unsealed to damage an opponent, I'm sure liberal Harvard will do and say whatever Obama wants.

Amen.

Occidental too. I think he played the Indonesian card to get into there and Khalidi got him into Harvard because he was a proper Marxist.

Harvard produces more fortune 500 CEO's than any other college in the world.

More than half of the CEO's of the fortune 500 attended ivy-league schools.

Back