The Last Thing You Thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't even think of it until your second post.

But that whole situation is.. insane.

I can understand why Jones would turn it down, he really has nothing to gain by beating a guy that just got handled by Anderson Silva. At the same time, it does destroy the card, and I can't really see how it would be "the worst mistake of his career," as Jackson apparently put it.

It's also surprising that Machida would basically take a fight on short notice, since he turned that very thing down before. But with all this, he's got to be Dana's favorite fighter almost now. It will be REALLY interesting to see what happens if Jones turns down moving up that fight, too.

And it really sucks for Henderson, too. It was going to be an interesting fight - one I didn't really think he had a shot in, but interesting anyway - but now, who knows if it'll ever even happen.

Yeah, I'm annoyed because I would have paid cash money to see Jones smash Sonnen's face into hamburger, but I can't get too upset at him for not taking a fight for the title against a guy who hasn't ever fought at 205 in the UFC.

As for Dana, he gets way too emotional and looks to blame anyone but himself or his company for how things go. When you run this many cards without the necessary star power to fall back on when guys get injured, this is going to happen.

Anytime... :)

...and I'll just pretend I have even the slightest idea of what you're talking about here.

smiles vacantly

Something sport related...?
:eek:

Hm, you look cute with that look on your face. Of course that's universally true.

I think it's time for a new avatar.

I think it's time to write a long overdue story post.

I think it's time I stop smiling...but I can't. So :D :D :D

LTIT: I wonder if I could get away with kicking Fr33k in the butt and then running away really, really fast? :devil::D

I doubt it. That man comes out of the ether all sneaky like.

MLT~

Still no sleep and I'm so tired.

Hells bells.

Uhm, Cait, here's a thought. Lay down and close your eyes. That is the position where sleep is most likely to occur. Sitting up at your keyboard and typing is not conducive to slumber unless you are typing something really boring, and from what I've seen, you just don't do that.

Uhm, Cait, here's a thought. Lay down and close your eyes. That is the position where sleep is most likely to occur. Sitting up at your keyboard and typing is not conducive to slumber unless you are typing something really boring, and from what I've seen, you just don't do that.

Milady, I've stepped away from the desk and keyboard today for a couple of hours at a time, each time, lying down and closing my eyes. My brain just won't shut down. If I'm not asleep in a couple of hours, I'm up again. I can't stand to stay down. My last attempt was a little after 1pm today. This is the first time I've been back since then. *sigh* Exhaustion is going to catch up with me eventually. I'm hoping it can wait until after Friday when I don't have any more obligations because of the weekend.

Milady, I've stepped away from the desk and keyboard today for a couple of hours at a time, each time, lying down and closing my eyes. My brain just won't shut down. If I'm not asleep in a couple of hours, I'm up again. I can't stand to stay down. My last attempt was a little after 1pm today. This is the first time I've been back since then. *sigh* Exhaustion is going to catch up with me eventually. I'm hoping it can wait until after Friday when I don't have any more obligations because of the weekend.

Hmm, have you tried Gabapentin? It knocks my ass right out!

Yeah, he's got that 'ether' thing going for him.

*Leans over to whisper conspiratorially*
Too much huffing as a kid with his model glue, that's what did it!

*whispers in the ear not next to Cait.*

I never built models as a kid...spent too much money on video games. *chuckle*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back