I love older men

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmmmm... am turning a terribly young 57 in a few weeks ;) welcome back Imi... :rose::heart::rose:

Oh, sweet Hong, one of my great regrets from here is that I wasn't able to make it up to Maryland to meet you. I have no doubt, it's a very very young 57. But you just get better with age. :heart::heart::devil::kiss:

Somethig that continually intrigues me on this board, is exactly how much older is older (relative to a poster's own age) and exactly what it is that they like about "older partners". And also what kind of relationship they envisage.

I went out for a few drinks the other night with a platonic fem friend (we've sometimes hinted that we have a mutual lust for each other, but something is kinda telling us both not to go there). Anyway, I'm apparently the guy she can talk about anything the way she might with a close female friend.

We somehow got onto the subject of age, I think initiated by her saying something like, "But don't all men have a thing for younger women?" Not necessarily. Anyway, it sparked a bit of thoughtful conversation. Like I said something like, "Well it would be pretty obvious that a guy in his twenties would physically have a lot more going for him than me." She kinda screwed up her face and said, "Mmm, not sure about that. In many ways I'd find you much more handsome." Then she thought some more, "Maybe when we're younger we're less flawed. But that's all."

Gradually as the conversation evolved, I realised that what both of us were saying was that members of the opposite sex have different qualities at different ages, each of which could have real appeal. Obviously as part of a whole package, and people don't necessarily fit into neat boxes, so I am speaking perhaps in generalisations. Probably if I put some thought into it I could almost list them.

Curious whether this is true for others here, that you might see two people of quite vastly different ages both being very attractive but for different reasons. And perhaps dependent on what you're looking for. Would age be a factor in terms of the "seriousness" of the relationship your after?

Tantrums aren't becoming.

Personally I think this should be handled in a more private format. But, following your lead...I clearly expressed something was a firm boundary for me. I even explained why. Yet you repeatedly attempted to get me to violate that boundary. This, to me, raises alarms that you are either unable or unwilling to restrain yourself when someone has set clear limits. If you are unable or unwilling to respect boundaries in the relatively non-activating setting of an i-m conversation, it raises huge alarm bells to me whether you would be able or willing to respect boundaries in person.

But, as I said, I think this would have been better handled in private rather than you taking unwarranted public swipes at me. Which, quite frankly, are yet another red flag.

Yes ...

Personally I think this should be handled in a more private format. But, following your lead...I clearly expressed something was a firm boundary for me. I even explained why. Yet you repeatedly attempted to get me to violate that boundary. This, to me, raises alarms that you are either unable or unwilling to restrain yourself when someone has set clear limits. If you are unable or unwilling to respect boundaries in the relatively non-activating setting of an i-m conversation, it raises huge alarm bells to me whether you would be able or willing to respect boundaries in person.

But, as I said, I think this would have been better handled in private rather than you taking unwarranted public swipes at me. Which, quite frankly, are yet another red flag.

... better done offline; why one would not respect an others boundaries is beyond me; must be a serious case of Testosteronuos Overloadicus!

... better done offline; why one would not respect an others boundaries is beyond me; must be a serious case of Testosteronuos Overloadicus!

Ha! I remember Harry Potter using that spell... :)

Better to see the red flags now and here in Cali, as opposed to later, at his place!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back