The Last Thing You Thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya'll dont do BBQ and fireworks like we do here I reckon?

Not exactly...it's a lot more sedate...rather solemn to be honest.
It's a young country so until recently it was in living memory for a lot of people. There are parties and things but my favourite bit is at 6pm where we light two candles in the window and have no lights or anything else on. In all the windows of the houses all you can see are candles. (In the war it was the signal that you were a house willing to 'hide/shelter' soldiers)

smiles

Fireworks they keep for New Year :D but a BBQ in the snow...that could be fun!!

Not exactly...it's a lot more sedate...rather solemn to be honest.
It's a young country so until recently it was in living memory for a lot of people. There are parties and things but my favourite bit is at 6pm where we light two candles in the window and have no lights or anything else on. In all the windows of the houses all you can see are candles. (In the war it was the signal that you were a house willing to 'hide/shelter' soldiers)

smiles

Fireworks they keep for New Year :D but a BBQ in the snow...that could be fun!!
that sounds beautifull!

an um.. yea.. ive seen people BBQ in the snow... its ... interesting!

Early to Bed,
Early to Rise,
Is really over rated,
Screw you B.Franklin.

To where? I miss the snow, but I am sure that Snow is a knee killer..but I still want to move north away from Hurricane Florida...

That's a good question, i miss the snow too. I think we need two places. One in not so change in weather climate for most the year, an then we'll fly up north for a couple of months of winter.

LT - anyone who 'misses snow' needs to spend a couple years in Boston where winter is 6 months long and last year we got a Shaquille O'Neal of snow (literally)

That's a good question, i miss the snow too. I think we need two places. One in not so change in weather climate for most the year, an then we'll fly up north for a couple of months of winter.

I like this, any place catch your fancy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back