Analyze this

Shugahhhh

Score
I've been dreaming about a certain musician, not too well known and way too young. The dreams are very vivid, long and meandering and always seem to center on desperately trying to be alone with each other.

Many of the dreams take place "on tour," both on and off the bus. With lots of groupies and other various sycophants hovering around, we keep sneaking a touch here and there, occasionally a languid kiss (his tongue is amazing!).

Last night's dream was completely bizarre. He was "with" an old friend of mine, someone I haven't seen or talked to in a couple of decades. As she was then, she was also married in the dream--and I was somehow involved in helping her to hide this from her husband. Long story short, there was lots of drama and mad dashes to avoid her hubby, and the musician and I both tired of it quickly. Then there was a moment where we connected and it was so intense--I was mad with lust and wanted to go somewhere and fuck him 'til he wept.

So we got in the car...a white Caddy El Dorado, custom cut convertible (real car from my past). We took off--I was driving--and before I knew it, I was approaching the bridge that crosses Naragansett (sic?) Bay from one side of Rhode Island to Newport. If anyone is familiar, this isn't the new bridge but the old one that has a really steep incline/decline like this (^) in the center.

As I start to make the incline, I was all of the sudden driving a crane, and the freaking thing started tipping backward. I was terrified. I woke up, once again without getting laid by this guy.

Wtf is this about? I generally am not attracted to younger men. Am I grieving my lost youth?

it means you should cut off all stimulants at least twenty minutes before bed time because you aren't supposed to remember that shit.

it means you should cut off all stimulants at least twenty minutes before bed time because you aren't supposed to remember that shit.

I don't do any stimulants except for coffee in the morning.

And I normally don't remember dreams--but these I do. And today, I haven't been able to shake that motherfucker.

What are some of the key qualities of the musician in the dream? The positive things about him that you like?

What are some of the key qualities of the musician in the dream? The positive things about him that you like?

Physically, full mouth, facial hair, gritty voice...and eyes that say "I have an old soul." He comes across as being sensitive and passionate, musically as well as personally. The way he moves--and touches--is sexy and sensual.

Is there anyone in your "real, waking" life with all of these characteristics?

Sensitive
passionate
sensual
sexy
seems to have an old soul

Is there anyone in your "real, waking" life with all of these characteristics?

Sensitive
passionate
sensual
sexy
seems to have an old soul

Not anymore. He died 20 years ago.

Other than those qualities, he otherwise bears no likeness--a professor, not a musician, much older than me.... I've been thinking about him a lot lately though, his 70th birthday would have been last week. :eek:

Interesting thought, though. I'll have to look around my world, perhaps I'm missing something/someone.

Stay away from musicians or it will end in disaster.

For what she is wanting in the dream, a musician will do just fine. I say avoid English professors that drink heavily, argue badly against the possibility of time travel and make really bad 'back to the future' jokes.

Yeah, been there, done that. The movie "Almost Famous" was my biopic.

My question would be why wouldn't you dream of a musician, then?

For what she is wanting in the dream, a musician will do just fine. I say avoid English professors that drink heavily, argue badly against the possibility of time travel and make really bad 'back to the future' jokes.

My question would be why wouldn't you dream of a musician, then?

It didn't feel like I was necessarily looking for a one-nighter, but it was all very 'in the moment.' Anything other than a one-nighter with a musician is heartbreak...which is why they are best avoided. I'll take a poly sci prof who smokes pot instead of drinks, believes in astral travel and realizes he can't tell a joke worth a shit.

Anyway, I just found out I have H1N1. It was probably a fever dream.

I've been dreaming about a certain musician, not too well known and way too young. The dreams are very vivid, long and meandering and always seem to center on desperately trying to be alone with each other.

Many of the dreams take place "on tour," both on and off the bus. With lots of groupies and other various sycophants hovering around, we keep sneaking a touch here and there, occasionally a languid kiss (his tongue is amazing!).

Last night's dream was completely bizarre. He was "with" an old friend of mine, someone I haven't seen or talked to in a couple of decades. As she was then, she was also married in the dream--and I was somehow involved in helping her to hide this from her husband. Long story short, there was lots of drama and mad dashes to avoid her hubby, and the musician and I both tired of it quickly. Then there was a moment where we connected and it was so intense--I was mad with lust and wanted to go somewhere and fuck him 'til he wept.

So we got in the car...a white Caddy El Dorado, custom cut convertible (real car from my past). We took off--I was driving--and before I knew it, I was approaching the bridge that crosses Naragansett (sic?) Bay from one side of Rhode Island to Newport. If anyone is familiar, this isn't the new bridge but the old one that has a really steep incline/decline like this (^) in the center.

As I start to make the incline, I was all of the sudden driving a crane, and the freaking thing started tipping backward. I was terrified. I woke up, once again without getting laid by this guy.

Wtf is this about? I generally am not attracted to younger men. Am I grieving my lost youth?

You want me.

(Did I mention I played drums in high school?)

Not anymore. He died 20 years ago.

Other than those qualities, he otherwise bears no likeness--a professor, not a musician, much older than me.... I've been thinking about him a lot lately though, his 70th birthday would have been last week. :eek:

Interesting thought, though. I'll have to look around my world, perhaps I'm missing something/someone.

I find it is very common to have people in your dreams represent someone you know/knew, and it isn't unusual at all for them to bear no physical resemblance whatsoever(which is why I cut the physical description when I asked you the question.) When I was a child, my mother appeared to me in a dream as the character Flo from Alice. Mom's not a redhead, mom's not white, mom's not a waitress. It was the qualities of the character that made her represent my mother, not the physical characteristics.

Betcha the professor is the guy in your dream... usually the first guess is the correct one. Try reviewing the dream again with him in mind, and see if it makes more sense. Just don't take what happens literally.

By that I mean, when you were on tour during the dream, the point may be you idea of being on tour, not the tour itself. What does being on tour mean to you? Is it a party? Fun and decadent? Hard work? Lonely? Confusing? etc etc.... what does it mean to you?

If you were driving up a steep bridge with a guy who is dead and you are currently missing, does it make sense that you couldn't make the incline? Did you suddenly switch from driving a car to operating a crane because your mind thinks that a crane offers you the ability to carry a heavy load? Are you carrying around inside of you something you wish you could change but cannot, even with the best tools at your disposal? Is that why the crane tipped?

I'm not saying these are the right questions, but it's questioning yourself along these lines which will reveal the answer to your question.

You want me.

(Did I mention I played drums in high school?)

Many musicians, never a drummer. Sooo in that context, you could be first. :)

Betcha the professor is the guy in your dream... usually the first guess is the correct one. Try reviewing the dream again with him in mind, and see if it makes more sense. Just don't take what happens literally.

If you were driving up a steep bridge with a guy who is dead and you are currently missing, does it make sense that you couldn't make the incline? Did you suddenly switch from driving a car to operating a crane because your mind thinks that a crane offers you the ability to carry a heavy load? Are you carrying around inside of you something you wish you could change but cannot, even with the best tools at your disposal? Is that why the crane tipped?

Bingo. When I read that, I felt like I got punched in the gut. And I don't think that's the flu.

Thank you. :rose:

i know just the person you need to see.

analrapist.jpg

Back