Yet Another Category Question, Why Not?

Mastered_again

Another Wordy Bitch
I have a story ready for submission, but it doesn't fit anywhere.
Not that sex isn't part of the story, just no sex acts. The scene involves six women discussing sex with a wide range of subjects: Oral sex, vaginal intercourse,
anal, toys, 'hair styles,' even touching on bondage and spanking.
Even though I intentionally kept it humorous (my opinion, so probably not that funny to others), I don't want it to put it in Humor and Satire as the rest of the story wouldn't fit.
Any suggestions?

My Verbal Spew

How literal it is in reproducing the discussion? Maybe Letters and Transcripts is the right category?

That is a tough one. Do they swap stories, or just discuss things in the abstract? If they tell stories, maybe pick the most prominent one and put it in the category that fits it. If not, hell, I have no idea. How-to maybe? :)

How literal it is in reproducing the discussion? Maybe Letters and Transcripts is the right category?
That's an idea and I'll have to give it serious consideration. The conversation covers a lot, but mostly in generalities. No one relates a specific experience. Opinions are expressed, but nothing stands out...
Trouble is there's more to the story and it's essentially void of sex, but calling that part a transcript, I don't know
Crossing my fingers that I can figure this out.

That is a tough one. Do they swap stories, or just discuss things in the abstract? If they tell stories, maybe pick the most prominent one and put it in the category that fits it. If not, hell, I have no idea. How-to maybe? :)
No personal experiences are related, so no overarching theme. Some opinions are expressed on anal (pro and con), but I couldn't justify using that category.

Have them hold this discussion while nude in a hot tub and stick it into E&V. That's almost a catch-all category

If the characters aren't relating actual specific events or encounters, perhaps it should go in Non-Erotic? Even if they use graphic language to describe general acts it might not seem particularly erotic compared to the more typical one-handed fare one encounters here. The aforementioned L&T also seems reasonable.
Perhaps it could be framed as an 'in-character' How-To story regarding the topics discussed?
The main problem with any of those categories is that they don't often get a lot of views, if that's something that matters to you.

If the characters aren't relating actual specific events or encounters, perhaps it should go in Non-Erotic? Even if they use graphic language to describe general acts it might not seem particularly erotic compared to the more typical one-handed fare one encounters here. The aforementioned L&T also seems reasonable.
Perhaps it could be framed as an 'in-character' How-To story regarding the topics discussed?
The main problem with any of those categories is that they don't often get a lot of views, if that's something that matters to you.
Another contender.
Views are what they are, I just hope those that follow me or the series, will still give it a read. That is, if they haven't forgotten. It's been 8 months since my last installment.:(

It's been 8 months since my last installment
Is this part of a series? If so, it could go in whatever category most of the series is in.

Oh, and it looks like there's a bug on your profile/works page. Might want to report that in the tech support thread.

Is this part of a series? If so, it could go in whatever category most of the series is in.

Oh, and it looks like there's a bug on your profile/works page. Might want to report that in the tech support thread.
Yes, part of the series (my only works here). If I used the predominant category, my gut tells me that's false advertising (or a bait and switch).

I PM'd Laurel about that last night.

Yes, part of the series (my only works here). If I used the predominant category, my gut tells me that's false advertising (or a bait and switch).

I PM'd Laurel about that last night.
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a reply, unless maybe she's responded to you before. But, if you submit it with an admin note asking her to put it wherever she thinks it should go, she might act on it. She changed one of my submission categories back in the day when I more or less said it could fit in any of several.

Unfortunately, categories are more about physical acts rather than anything verbal. I've had to put stories in Non-erotic even though that poorly describes them; however, there was nowhere else for them to go. (Another site with more categories doesn't seem to offer an alternative either.) The title, description line, and tags should help guide the readers on this one.

Getting views is always a challenge. Another analogy for Lit is that its like a big theme park or amusement park where people enter and have a a multitude of options to distract them.

Interesting. I don't regard EC as "catch-all," I regard it as "vanilla."

Interesting. I don't regard EC as "catch-all," I regard it as "vanilla."
Likewise. The 'couplings' suggests it's intended to be two people having sex, and probably MF since there are dedicated alternatives for FF, MM, TG. and variations on XYZ+. But I can sort of understand why the apparent lack of 'specialization' leads people to treating it as the proper place to put anything that isn't strongly-enough themed for other possible categories.
Maybe if they ever add another category they should call it Potpourri or Smörgåsbord, specifically for the stuff that's hard to narrow down.

Back