Writing buddy?

This is Poe (because of course I have a black cat named Poe) and Gerry G; a black dwarf hamster and total asshole who attacks anything in front of his cage including Poe, who as you can tell is not amused. Gerry's cage is on my desk meaning Poe is often there for a stare down, and of course to knock things over and try to sit in front of the PC

thumbnail (1).jpg
 
Introduce us to your non-human writing buddies.
This is Rorschach and Dot, my constant companions when I'm at the desk.
I'm going to be a little careful here because he has his own social media profile and I don't want to spoil his reputation, but he has an insatiable appetite, he's named after a werewolf, he's chocolate-coloured and he shares his breed name with a Canadian province.
 
1000013044.png1000013046.jpg

And for former writing buddies, this is Pino. I inherited him from my father-in-law when he died and had him for about 6 years. Pup was 14 when he died from cancer.



Funnily enough, my cat used to be my father-in-law's girlfriend's cat. We got her when the woman had to move into senior housing and couldn't take all of her pets with her. (She kept the 18-year-old cat and the little yorkie she had. We have Lilly and we send her pictures and videos all the time.)
 
Oh lord…I have a lot. There’s:
Nugget the orange cat
Lincoln the tuxedo kitty
Moggie the standard issue shorthair
Duck the dog
Lacey the pitbull
The guinea pigs, Pibb-boy and Mr. Pibb
They rotate though.
But always next to me, or almost always when writing is a stuffed spider my amazing and wonderful submissive bought me, even if she says it’s only on loan.

And…none of them will load for pictures
 
Back
Top