Visual War

beauchampd

Really Experienced
Joined
Oct 10, 2001
Posts
160
We see the war scenes so graphically on the news whcih of course raises the anxiety level of all the loved ones at home. The question is do they need this constant reminder of the danger their loved ones are in. Or would it be better to live in blissfull hope, as during the 2nd World War?
 
Everybody was blissfully hopeful in WWII?

Oh, I forgot...the trailer where they teach history at your high school got all blowed down in that twister last summer. My Bad.

Wait a minute...there ain't no twisters in Australia....
 
Problem Child said:
Everybody was blissfully hopeful in WWII?

Oh, I forgot...the trailer where they teach history at your high school got all blowed down in that twister last summer. My Bad.

Yeah, I thought we were all paranoid freaks during that war what with the fear of communism and air raids and all.
 
I don't really think people lived in blissful hope during WW II. I think a lot of the people who had loved ones fighting in Europe and Africa spent many a sleepless night paralyzed with the idea that their son/husband was dead.

I suppose the question is which is worse : knowing or not knowing?
 
Don't watch the news, often

Seriously, I watch the news once in a blue moon. I ALWAYS believed, "Ignorance is Bliss."
 
Back
Top