These 20 GOP Senators Owe Us An Apology

Rightguide

Prof Triggernometry

The 20 Republican Senators Who Voted To Confirm Merrick Garland Owe America An Apology​

BY: ELLE REYNOLDS
AUGUST 09, 2022

fter Merrick Garland’s Department of Justice oversaw an FBI raid on the private home of former President Donald Trump, the 20 Republicans who joined Democrats to confirm Garland’s nomination as attorney general must emphatically condemn the nominee they once supported or voters should replace them in their primaries.

When Garland was confirmed in March 2021, only 30 of 50 Republican senators voted against it. The other 20 — Senators Blunt, Burr, Capito, Cassidy, Collins, Cornyn, Ernst, Graham, Grassley, Inhofe, Johnson, Lankford, McConnell, Moran, Murkowski, Portman, Romney, Rounds, Thune, and Tillis — all joined Democrats to approve Garland’s nomination.

Some of those 30, like Grassley and Johnson, have since strongly criticized Garland’s tenure as attorney general and had already condemned the raid by Tuesday morning, to their credit. But others have been conspicuously silent, including Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, who praised Garland’s “long reputation as a straight-shooter and legal expert” at the time of his confirmation.

Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina said Garland “would be a sound choice to be the next Attorney General. He is a man of great character, integrity, and tremendous competency in the law.”

Although some tried to portray Garland as a “moderate,” he had already shown by the end of his confirmation hearings that he was far from it. In accepting Biden’s nomination, Reuters reported, “Garland said he believes the department’s top priorities will be ‘ensuring racial equity’ and ‘meeting the evolving threat of violent extremism.’” That’s easy code for pushing leftist race politics and targeting conservatives whom Garland views as a political threat.

More here: https://thefederalist.com/2022/08/0...nfirm-merrick-garland-owe-america-an-apology/

Who’s responsible here?
62f28b855b790400198aa558

They don't owe us an apology, they owe us their resignations.

Lmao....what dipshits.

They are only accountable to their constituents. If you aren't one, then they don't owe you shit.

They don't owe us an apology, they owe us their resignations.
I agree, Rapey. The GOP needs to keep binging and purging. The bulimia approach to politics is turning out great for Russia, so why not the GOP?

You should write a strongly worded letter to their managers, Karen.
I intend to do so on November 8, 2022 and again on November 5, 2024. I'll even sign those "letters" with my real signature.

Unlike some.

Back