The "Righteous" Left....

Recidiva...you may not accept this...but I grew up at the end of an era where men were stern and unyeilding and unemotional. I take pain without a sound, I do not show emotion during the performance of my work, which was before microphones and cameras and live audiences.

And yet, there was emotion. To deny it is to delude oneself into unhappiness - into a state of depression or anxiety, if you will. Now expressing it may have been more difficult then, but it also may have lead to more hardship than we acknowledge it for. We satisfy needs and when those needs are not met, we get hurt by it.

You may imagine my disgust at anchor women who use a multitude of facial expressions and body language depending on the emotional content of the news item they are reading at the moment. They are more actresses than newscasters doing an objective job.

So you see the news as a matter of what only men make or lose? That what women experience is to be totally disregarded, insignificant and not be marked as news? What impact do you think this may have on women? Is the impact also to be disregarded?

I observe and I conclude, that the gender changes that have taken effect, have feminized the men and masculinized the women to a point where few both know and feel their proper place among others.

Do you see this as a role reversal or do you see this as an attempt to make a unisex role?

This is a little off the subject I suppose, but the chasm, the abyss between us in understanding, is huge and you seem unwilling to acknowledge anything but your point of view and your emotional content as valid.

I wonder if you realise just how much the words you choose reflect yourself moreso than who you address?

Since I'm on a little role, I may as well throw in this bit...Islamic women are cloistered from head to toe and controlled in their every movement and girls are given only minimal education and I begin to understand why that is the preferred lifestyle.

I cannot begin to tell you how the accumulated years of exposed breasts, ass cracks showing at the top of lowcut jeans and thong straps visible and short skirts, especially on newswomen, who delicately cross their legs back and forth, knowing that the eyes of all males watching follow each and every movement; the overt casual sexuality flaunted and intended to tittilate the male, just about gags me any more and I am truly a lover of women for all my life.

Focus, if you doubt what I say, on every camera shot in films and serial programs and even news casts, the camera lingers on breasts, thighs, butts, all intended and known to attract the eye. I mean I know sex sells, what the hell, but enough is enough. No?

I think it is important that you acknowledge the fact that your catching yourself on sexual expression and how it is being used in a way that you perceive as a threat. What is this threat?

And yes, I have my irrational, purely emotional moments and outbursts from time to time, usually dared or teased into being by some wayward female who just has to see if she can tempt me.

Is there any other time that you are irrational?

But I assure you, that by choice, most of my waking moments are rational and logical even when around grandchildren, although I do smile and make a joke once in a while.

I am sure that everything we do could be seen through one looking glass as being perfectly rational. Through another looking glass, we might see that we are being totally irrational. Maybe it is important to look at the looking glass and see whether or not we may have one looking glass for ourselves but have another looking glass for other people, especially those you despise.
 
You know, Xelebes, I don't mind that you follow suit with most here, in that you critique harshly every word, every thought I offer, with the obvious purpose of opposition. Fine, thas ur bag, do ur thing.

Most people, even you occasionally, have something valid and insightful to say and I look for those things and take them into consideration.

Either that or you are so immersed in the current culture that you have become a 'true believer' and will defend the realm regardless.

Amicus...
 
You know, Xelebes, I don't mind that you follow suit with most here, in that you critique harshly every word, every thought I offer,


Perhaps if you had some intellectual honesty in what you post . . . But you don't.
 
Recidiva...Perhaps all of us, to one extent or another, 'idealize' the youth of our individual lives; it seems quite 'human', to be comfortable in familiar surroundings.

I am what I am and that may well be as you portray it, or, this could be the prelude to a similar period in pre communist Russia and life under the Czars, or pre Hitler Germany, where, in both cases, human dignity was trampled underfoot by jackboots.

I have no guarantee of being correct in my observations and prediction the future is fraught with pitfalls.

I do thank you for the tone of your last missal and trust that you are well in all respects.

Amicus...
 
You know, Xelebes, I don't mind that you follow suit with most here, in that you critique harshly every word, every thought I offer, with the obvious purpose of opposition. Fine, thas ur bag, do ur thing.

But do you realise why I oppose so? Is it because that you perceive that I am so against your position or is it because I rail against your dogma?

Most people, even you occasionally, have something valid and insightful to say and I look for those things and take them into consideration.

Either that or you are so immersed in the current culture that you have become a 'true believer' and will defend the realm regardless.

Amicus...

Maybe it is time for me to open up.

I grew up in a religious household where my dad was a stark individualist, having once been a farmer and eventually would come to own his own business as a contractor. All of this is commendable.

My issue comes up from entering society as somebody always on the outside, who found it impossible to integrate and never got any help in doing so from either the teachers or my parents. This left me severely ostracised where I was left to be beaten by the other kids for 7 years straight until I had the fortune of moving to another school. Some of the events during those 7 years were so bad that I ended up with PTSD. It was so bad that I called into question whether God existed or not and came to decide that no god would ever punish someone as bad as what had happened to me. It was people who was doing this and no written or mused law governed their behaviour. When I swore to agnosticism, the beatings subsided.

When I saw written or mused law, I refer to the notions that are batted around by philosophers and theologians to prescribe what humans do and what human nature is. The fact is, the notion of human nature is flawed because it paints everybody with a brush so broad. Not even volumes of books on the subject of human nature would ever be able to describe it. I realised humans were animals and nothing more. Humans eat other animals. Animals eat humans. Humans eat humans if they wanted to. Humans are governed merely by what they require and the availability of whatever they require. To not have this as a basis for defining human nature is to be deny what human nature is.

No amount of laws will stop anyone from doing so. If human nature was so easily described, then we would not have anyone breach hose simple rules. The fact that we humans go against the attempts to describe human nature, then our attempts have been so far unsuccessful.

The fact is, human nature applies to every human - sane and insane, child and adult, genius and retarded. Everything outside of what makes one human is something that is specific to an individual.

That is my belief. Everything is built from that, and I have not espoused any particular economic ideology as every single one of them places an improper label or description on human nature. Human nature is more complex than what we pretend it to be if only because what we are trying to define something without even the simplest concept being the basis, that our entire reason we idealise something is rooted in dogma.
 
Xelebes...Thank you for the look into your roots and development.

It would be best if someone other than I gave you a clinical opinion and I slip aside from doing so by quoting a phrase that came to mind as I read your post: "Physician, heal thyself"

There was a time when I thought that knowledge and awareness of ones' frailities, so obvious to others, would be curative in nature. Life experience has taught me that is not so.

I, too, had a similar upbringing with an abusive step-father; I left at age 12 and never looked back. What I did not do, was to carry that abuse into my adult life; just the opposite, it made me more aware of those characteristics of others to avoid.

I, too, exist within that impermeable shell, created in self defense and I have no doubt it colored my life experiences as well.

There are many, much stronger than I, who have overcome the horror of a wartorn country, the loss of family, the destruction of their past and still they survive and have a positive outlook on life.

I try, always, to see the greatness in man and reward it when I can, and ignore the muddy boots of others.

It works for me.

Amicus...
 
Umm, Amicus. You made an unfounded charge against me over on another thread--about attacking wmrs2. You need to substantiate that or stop your intellectually dishonest posting tactics.
 
But do you realise why I oppose so? Is it because that you perceive that I am so against your position or is it because I rail against your dogma?



Maybe it is time for me to open up.

I grew up in a religious household where my dad was a stark individualist, having once been a farmer and eventually would come to own his own business as a contractor. All of this is commendable.

My issue comes up from entering society as somebody always on the outside, who found it impossible to integrate and never got any help in doing so from either the teachers or my parents. This left me severely ostracised where I was left to be beaten by the other kids for 7 years straight until I had the fortune of moving to another school. Some of the events during those 7 years were so bad that I ended up with PTSD. It was so bad that I called into question whether God existed or not and came to decide that no god would ever punish someone as bad as what had happened to me. It was people who was doing this and no written or mused law governed their behaviour. When I swore to agnosticism, the beatings subsided.

When I saw written or mused law, I refer to the notions that are batted around by philosophers and theologians to prescribe what humans do and what human nature is. The fact is, the notion of human nature is flawed because it paints everybody with a brush so broad. Not even volumes of books on the subject of human nature would ever be able to describe it. I realised humans were animals and nothing more. Humans eat other animals. Animals eat humans. Humans eat humans if they wanted to. Humans are governed merely by what they require and the availability of whatever they require. To not have this as a basis for defining human nature is to be deny what human nature is.

No amount of laws will stop anyone from doing so. If human nature was so easily described, then we would not have anyone breach hose simple rules. The fact that we humans go against the attempts to describe human nature, then our attempts have been so far unsuccessful.

The fact is, human nature applies to every human - sane and insane, child and adult, genius and retarded. Everything outside of what makes one human is something that is specific to an individual.

That is my belief. Everything is built from that, and I have not espoused any particular economic ideology as every single one of them places an improper label or description on human nature. Human nature is more complex than what we pretend it to be if only because what we are trying to define something without even the simplest concept being the basis, that our entire reason we idealise something is rooted in dogma.

HUMANS HAVE CHOICES, ANIMALS DONT. HUMANS CAN BE WHO THEY CHOOSE TO BE.
 
Xelebes...Thank you for the look into your roots and development.

It would be best if someone other than I gave you a clinical opinion and I slip aside from doing so by quoting a phrase that came to mind as I read your post: "Physician, heal thyself"

There was a time when I thought that knowledge and awareness of ones' frailities, so obvious to others, would be curative in nature. Life experience has taught me that is not so.

I, too, had a similar upbringing with an abusive step-father; I left at age 12 and never looked back. What I did not do, was to carry that abuse into my adult life; just the opposite, it made me more aware of those characteristics of others to avoid.

I, too, exist within that impermeable shell, created in self defense and I have no doubt it colored my life experiences as well.

There are many, much stronger than I, who have overcome the horror of a wartorn country, the loss of family, the destruction of their past and still they survive and have a positive outlook on life.

I try, always, to see the greatness in man and reward it when I can, and ignore the muddy boots of others.

It works for me.

Amicus...

Currently seeking help for it. But it is interesting to note how it had effected me in my philosophy. I can be made stronger but the philosophy too will only get stronger.
 
Recidiva...Perhaps all of us, to one extent or another, 'idealize' the youth of our individual lives; it seems quite 'human', to be comfortable in familiar surroundings.

I am what I am and that may well be as you portray it, or, this could be the prelude to a similar period in pre communist Russia and life under the Czars, or pre Hitler Germany, where, in both cases, human dignity was trampled underfoot by jackboots.

I have no guarantee of being correct in my observations and prediction the future is fraught with pitfalls.

I do thank you for the tone of your last missal and trust that you are well in all respects.

Amicus...

You are absolutely welcome and I am well, thank you :)
 
Back
Top