Support this author issues

StasiaGrey

Erotic Author
Hi there,

I appreciate that the function is still in beta, but try as I might, I can't seem to add my smashwords profile onto my lit profile. Everything seems kosher but when I try the link myself, it gives me some kind of authorapp domain blocked issue.

Hi there,

I appreciate that the function is still in beta, but try as I might, I can't seem to add my smashwords profile onto my lit profile. Everything seems kosher but when I try the link myself, it gives me some kind of authorapp domain blocked issue.
That sounds like it might be an issue with the browser and/or network you're on. You can try a couple of basic trouble-shooting things on your end. For one, although the FAQ has a screenshot where the beta-testing participation radio button is set to "No," it actually needs to be "Yes" since it is a beta feature. Second, double-check that the link the site generates actually looks like the url when you navigate to your smashwords profile page directly. There might be missing characters (or extra ones), an underscore or something like that. I doubt that's the problem, given the error message you received, but it's worth taking a peek at.

Spoke too soon 😔
screenshot_20240404-200712_chrome-jpg.2334842

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240404-200712_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240404-200712_Chrome.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 67
Spoke too soon 😔
screenshot_20240404-200712_chrome-jpg.2334842
Sorry about the issue.

I just did a test on several browsers and couldn't see the error. The error message in your screenshot shows "NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID", but when I test the certificate at different third party testing sites, it shows no errors.

I was looking at this article.
https://kinsta.com/knowledgebase/neterr-cert-authority-invalid/

Is it possible that your computer time is out of sync? If not, can you post a link to the exact page where you're clicking the Support This Author Link from. Maybe you're clicking it from a place I'm not testing.

Thank you. :p

Sorry about the issue.

I just did a test on several browsers and couldn't see the error. The error message in your screenshot shows "NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID", but when I test the certificate at different third party testing sites, it shows no errors.

Is it possible that your computer time is out of sync? If not, can you post a link to the exact page where you're clicking the Support This Author Link from. Maybe you're clicking it from a place I'm not testing.

Sorry to butt in here, but if you're already on that, any chance you could check out why we can't place patreon links in that feature?

It says this when I try to save it:
Failed to process form: Error: Minified React error #62; visit https://reactjs.org/docs/error-decoder.html?invariant=62&args[]= for the full message or use the non-minified dev environment for full errors and additional helpful warnings. index-edd565ec.js:10:73968

The `style` prop expects a mapping from style properties to values, not a string. For example, style={{marginRight: spacing + 'em'}} when using JSX.

Sorry about the issue.

Sorry I don't understand what most of that means.

I simply use my phone (Samsung) and Google Web browser. I also tried Firefox and it gives the same sort of error.

This is what I get on Firefox:

Secure Connection Failed

This could be a problem with the server’s configuration, or it could be someone trying to impersonate the server.
If you have connected to this server successfully in the past, the error may be temporary, and you can try again later.

Someone could be trying to impersonate the site and you should not continue.

Web sites prove their identity via certificates. Firefox does not trust https://authorapp.com/click.php?key=necb7dfawri1cxnao8d3&dt=sm&at=StasiaGrey because its certificate issuer is unknown, the certificate is self-signed, or the server is not sending the correct intermediate certificates.

===

Possibly an issue if its a cellphone browser?

I simply use my phone (Samsung) and Google Web browser. I also tried Firefox and it gives the same sort of error.

Secure Connection Failed

This could be a problem with the server’s configuration, or it could be someone trying to impersonate the server.
If you have connected to this server successfully in the past, the error may be temporary, and you can try again later.

Web sites prove their identity via certificates. Firefox does not trust https://authorapp.com/click.php?key=necb7dfawri1cxnao8d3&dt=sm&at=StasiaGrey because its certificate issuer is unknown, the certificate is self-signed, or the server is not sending the correct intermediate certificates.

===

I think he's asking which page or pages you're trying to follow the link from. For example, is that what you get when you click on the test link from your profile page? Do you get the same error when trying to click the "Support This Author" button on one or more of your stories, and if so, which one(s)?

Ah. I tried clicking on the link via "support this author" at the end of one of my stories

Secure Connection Failed

===

Thanks for the update.

I tested on several Android and Samsung phones (using online tools) and could not reproduce the issue.

However, I found a number of support articles from other people with Samsung phones having similar issues on other websites. Here are a few possible solutions that helped other people.

Update the device time and restart the phone (only update the time and restart, don't reset your device):

Making sure the Let's Encrypt certificate is enabled on your device:
https://community.letsencrypt.org/t...amsung-internet-and-chrome-on-android-9/95814
Go to your Android device's Settings app.
Tap on "Security" or "Biometrics and Security".
Tap on "Encryption & credentials" or "Advanced".
Tap on "Trusted credentials".
Look for the "Let's Encrypt Authority X3" certificate.
If it is off, turn it on (don't change any other settings).

I tested with a device as old as 2019 and wasn't able to duplicate the issue, but there are reports of issues with more recent devices for other websites. Hopefully it's just the time or the cert being turned off on your phone.

If that doesn't work, let me know and we can try other solutions.

Back