Should Sotomayor retire?

Funny, I don’t recall Hillary serving time for mishandling classified documents, obstruction of justice by destroying evidence, conspiring with the Russians to create the Steele dossier.

And then there’s the obstruction of justice and weaponization of the justice department in a clear cut case of censorship and election interference by the Biden crime family.
That's funny; the only election interference that took place in the last four years was orchestrated by the TRUMP crime family, not Hunter Biden, and certainly not by Joe Biden. And there was, in fact, ample and blatant evidence of Trump's election interferance.

Or is your memory of events that occurred longer ago than your last night's dinner really that fuzzy?

To refresh your memory, Trump is being prosecuted for, among other things, election interference stemming from attempting to overturn the 2020 election, which he lost. And, For which he should, (if the justice system worked as the Founding Fathers and the Constitution intended,) be rotting in prison right now instead of on the ballot for a presidential election.
(And don't give me this "The election was a fraud" bullcrap because you do know, deep down, whether you admit it or not, that that is utter horseshit, and has been proven to be utter horseshit multiple times.)

When justice is served for wrongdoing, it is not "weaponization" of the justice department, anymore than the prosecution of Tim McVeigh and Ted Kackzinski was "weaponization" of the justice department. You are, after all, intelligent enough to understand that much.

If you truly believe in the Constitution and rule of law, then you should be cheering on the prosecution of Donald Trump for his crimes.

lol. When did I paint Hillary or anyone else with a “communist brush?”

Well, perhaps not you, but generally speaking to you guys on the right anyone to the left of Attila the Hun is a card carrying member of the communist party. You dummies leave little room for nuance.

Every time that numbskull presidential nominee of yours says that Joe Biden is a flaming marxist or part of the radical left I just wanna laugh in his blind stupid ignorant face.

The Supreme Court is so dysfuntional right now it'd be a perfect opportunity for Sotomayor to retire and be replaced with a 20-something recent Gen-Z law school graduate, who could then sit on the court for a good 40-45 years. At a minimum, this lawyer would be as qualified as Barrett or rapist Kavanaugh.

As opposed to the conservative justices who always willingly step aside and go back to their day jobs after a few years? Yeah, no. There is no difference whatsoever.

Not to mention Marshall did step down, knowing his replacement would be nominated by a Republican (though I suppose he couldn't have known what an abomination that replacement would be).
Marshall, for all the good he did (and he did a lot), was responsible for Clarence Thomas.

if she stepped down now, wouldn't we see the same shit we did before about republicans stopping a Democratic President-recommended replacement being recognised as it's "too close to an election"?

(Pres. Obama and Merrick Garland, no?)
^if i've got that wrong, which i may have, i'm sure someone can correct me.

Marshall, for all the good he did (and he did a lot), was responsible for Clarence Thomas.
In fairness to the man, he was old and sick and could only hang on for so much longer, and Bush Sr's sky-high approval ratings at the time suggested it would be at least five more years before there even might be a Democratic president. Honestly, you know who I do blame most of all for Uncle Thomas? Joe Biden. For all the good he's done since then, that's a tough one to forgive.
if she stepped down now, wouldn't we see the same shit we did before about republicans stopping a Democratic President-recommended replacement being recognised as it's "too close to an election"?
I don't see how they could when they're in the minority this time, although it wouldn't put it past Sinema or Manchin to throw a wrench in the works. If I had to guess, this is just another case of Republican posturing about how Trump is sure to win in November.

In fairness to the man, he was old and sick and could only hang on for so much longer, and Bush Sr's sky-high approval ratings at the time suggested it would be at least five more years before there even might be a Democratic president. Honestly, you know who I do blame most of all for Uncle Thomas? Joe Biden. For all the good he's done since then, that's a tough one to forgive.

I don't see how they could when they're in the minority this time, although it wouldn't put it past Sinema or Manchin to throw a wrench in the works. If I had to guess, this is just another case of Republican posturing about how Trump is sure to win in November.
ah, so it goes through the senate for approval rather than the House of Reps... gotcha

(Pres. Obama and Merrick Garland, no?)
^if i've got that wrong, which i may have, i'm sure someone can correct me.
The senate is a democrat majority.

If Biden loses, she can resign the next day and a new justice can be confirmed in a week. They have time to vet potential nominees. Or they can welcome Trump's nominee playing drum solos on a gold plated bible. We can reject in advance any excuses of being unprepared or out of time.

IF Biden loses, I'm preparing my resume to be on the Supreme court: This is what it would read.

- I think the Bill of Rights is quaint, outdated and irrelevant and should be abolished
- I am an open admirer of the justice system that is currently in place in Iran, North Korea, and Afghanistan and would model the American justice system after that of those three countries.
- I believe in absolute, unchallenged, and unchecked executive power.
- I do NOT believe in the right to free speech, the free press, freedom of assembly or freedom of thought. The only freedom I DO believe in is the right to bear arms, and I will defend that one passionately to the end.
-In South Africa up until the 1990s, there was an institutionalized system in place to keep non-whites in place. As I yearn for that system, I would hope to see it implemented here in America.
-Should the ruling party lose a democratic election, the party in power reserves the right to overturn any election result that does not go their way.
-My philosophy is simple: The freedom of the individual should be subordinate to the State, and freedom of choice should be crushed into oblivion by the iron fist of the State.

Now, granted, I personally do not believe in any of this at all! But I so desparately want to be on the Supreme Court, that as long as I have these things on my application, I will almost certainly be chosen.

After all, it worked for Clarence Thomas, Anton Scalia, and the last three Supreme Court justices who were chosen!

Back