Reading old comments.

Imstillfun

Really Really Experienced
Joined
Dec 8, 2013
Posts
393
Sometimes when I get a new comment on an old story I go back and read the old comments. It’s fun to see the angry people. All the people who told me my writing is crap. I guess the best revenge is success. I think after 14,000 followers I proved them wrong

Do you read the old comments on your stories?
 
I've so few comments that I do sometimes, just to remind myself that it does happen 😅
 
Maybe your writing was crap, and you've improved compared to then? ;)

I think those negative comments should be disregarded. Giving critique is easy. Giving constructive feedback is harder. Many also critique while it's simply not their style. I always think of all the sports fans without any skill having the biggest opinions. Everyone can do it. If everyone can do it, it's impossible to filter the "true" negative comments from the randomly thrown around ones.

I've read old ones only once. It's all right, making me write another page or two if I have the time.
 
Maybe your writing was crap, and you've improved compared to then? ;)

I think those negative comments should be disregarded. Giving critique is easy. Giving constructive feedback is harder. Many also critique while it's simply not their style. I always think of all the sports fans without any skill having the biggest opinions. Everyone can do it. If everyone can do it, it's impossible to filter the "true" negative comments from the randomly thrown around ones.

I've read old ones only once. It's all right, making me write another page or two if I have the time.

That’s what makes them so fun, I’ve been immensely successful on this site. With 14,000 followers I’m the 9th most followed author Most of the negatives are in the LW category. 12 years later I’m still getting comments from the same people except they can no longer say that I’m going to fail. Now they just hate me and my success.
 
That’s what makes them so fun, I’ve been immensely successful on this site. With 14,000 followers I’m the 9th most followed author Most of the negatives are in the LW category. 12 years later I’m still getting comments from the same people except they can no longer say that I’m going to fail. Now they just hate me and my success.
And even after all this time, you're still fun!
 
Back
Top