Question?

No not the question. :rolleyes:

When a company is privately owned but the government decides how it's run, what is that called?

The word is on the tip of my tongue...

Wisdom.

Because you didn't really want all those nasty restrictions from the Glass-Steagall act getting in the way of bankers exercising their intelligence and broadminded foresight to avoid getting us into the can of shit we seem to be in now, didja?
 
The UK definition is QUANGO which usually means an organisation that isn't as well run as a government unit and definitely not as well as a commercial company...

Og
 
Question for Zeb:

Is every law that adresses what corporate enterprises can and can't do, facism?

Yes? Ok, fair enough, I don't agree with you, but at least you're consistent.

No? Ok then, why cry facism right now, and not for any other zillion of things government has ALWAYS done to meddle in how private businesses are run?

Yes. There couldn't be any other answer. Government regulates everything to death. Government started the ball rolling downhill when they mandated that banks and finance company's should relax their lending qualifiers.
 
Uh... if you say so. :confused:

Anyway, it wasn't much sarcasm really. My point is pretty straightforward, if there's facism in america now all of a sudden, then there has always been, everywhere in the world, because there's always been some goverment control of companies i.e laws telling business how to act.

Facism'r'us.

You're right. Government in the US has been and always will be fascist. When a government tells a company how much it can and cannot pay it's employee's...well it won't be long before they decide how I spend my money...oh wait they already do that to a portion of it.
 
I think ya'all are operating with too loose of a definition of fascism.
 
You're right. Government in the US has been and always will be fascist. When a government tells a company how much it can and cannot pay it's employee's...well it won't be long before they decide how I spend my money...oh wait they already do that to a portion of it.
Point missed again. Government anywhere at any point in history has always been "facist" in that sense of the word. Goverment makes laws that tell legal entities what they can and can't do.

The only true option to what you whine about, is anarchy.

Besides, if I may ask, wasn't this only for companies that recieve corporate welfare from the government? (I could be wrong, haven't paid much attention to US politics the last few weeks.) Are you then in favor of no-strings-attached welfare?
 
There seems to be as many definitions of fascism as their are people who have opinions about it, but the consistent theme is government control of private property, institutions, and relationships.
 
There seems to be as many definitions of fascism as their are people who have opinions about it, but the consistent theme is government control of private property, institutions, and relationships.


As I said, I think that's quite a loose definition. The dictionary definition includes such terms as autocratic and dictatorial and racist. I know it was invoked here to get a rise; I won't bite, but I'll note that it's a too-loose usage.
 
SR71PLT

Youre right. I'm not gonna dispute it. Even FDR had his own definition for it: "any person or group that controls the government."

Back in the 60s someone made a test to identify fascists, CALIFORNIA FASCIST SCALE. I'll see if I can find it.


http://www.anesi.com/fscale.htm
HERE IT IS. TAKE THE TEST AND SEE IF YOURE A FASCIST!

MY RESULTS:You are disciplined but tolerant; a true American.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
*snerk*

My Results: You are a liberal airhead.

Just goes to show y'all I'm not really all that bad. I just don't like having my business poked by government.
 
I've claimed all along that I'm what Nature wants people to be, and the rest of you are sick and twisted porno fucks.
 
Back
Top