Question

Anton25

Really Really Experienced
When you write a story… do you read other stories ( for titillation)? OR you are so emerged in your story, you don’t?:)

I don't read many stories by others here, for no other reason than I don't want any of my own story ideas to have knowingly come from anyone else writing here. There are bound to be similar themes written at the same time by different authors, ones initiated by events in the public at any given time, but I don't want to have it thought that I was poaching on stories by others here. Also, my priority time goes to writing. I read voraciously in the mainstream--but not erotica.

Generally, no. If I'm in writing mode, no real time to read.

I do read stories here, but in between writing my own.

As someone who is very new here...I love reading stories. I have only written one fully (working on my second) but I do my best to carve my own voice and experiences into my stories. I love reading in general and if I get to read something that has my kinks...even better

I read a lot (in general) and specifically here. It's all grist for the writing mill. I don't plagiarize but I don't think there's anything wrong in borrowing ideas, twisting them, expanding them, etc.
With Literotica, with lots of reading and some writing experience, I have become much more selective as to which stories I read. If it doesn't grab me in the first couple paras, forget it.

I've largely stopped reading stories other than those by my personal favourites. There's just not enough time, and my needs are now too narrow.
Same here. And when I do read, it's on a break at work. If I have time at home, I'm usually writing. Or participating here on the forums.

Well, for me, writing stories is an extended thing... I don't just sit down and spit out the entire thing. So in the process over many days, I'll probably read somebody else's story.

Back