Queation

bashfull

raunchy romantic
Howdy, y'all. I have recently returned to Lit and still trying to learn my way around. I have noticed that one can now prevent others from seeing their profile. I am curious as to the reason one would do this?

Howdy, y'all. I have recently returned to Lit and still trying to learn my way around. I have noticed that one can now prevent others from seeing their profile. I am curious as to the reason one would do this?
I didn’t know that you could prevent it in the past.

2002, Respect for maintaining an account since then.
Creepers gonna creep?
Sneakers gonna sneak?
Guess it gives people the privacy they may feel they need or want. Like an ashtray and cigarette lighter in a car, not for everyone, but nice to have for some.
Thanks. Just seems to me that one would want others to know a little about them and their interest or non interest. But then, I reckon a lot of people would just "jump right in", so makes sense.

It gives the member some control over who can follow all their posts and activity. Once you get to know someone a bit on the boards, then the member can grant access if they choose.

It might be nice to be able to include more bio info, yet still prevent stalking, lol, but it works well enough.

I think it's nice to have that option.

It gives the member some control over who can follow all their posts and activity. Once you get to know someone a bit on the boards, then the member can grant access if they choose.

It might be nice to be able to include more bio info, yet still prevent stalking, lol, but it works well enough.

I think it's nice to have that option.
Thanks. I asked it because I was trying to see yours and noticed I couldn't. Lol. There did used to be an option to not allow someone to dm unless you approved them ss a friend first.

Thanks. I asked it because I was trying to see yours and noticed I couldn't. Lol. There did used to be an option to not allow someone to dm unless you approved them ss a friend first.
Yes, it seems there were a lot of changes in the platform. I'm no tech guru.

Honestly, I haven't had any real problems, but I like the idea that I have some control over it. I prefer to just post in the threads when I'm in the mood. 😊

Yes, it seems there were a lot of changes in the platform. I'm no tech guru.

Honestly, I haven't had any real problems, but I like the idea that I have some control over it. I prefer to just post in the threads when I'm in the mood. 😊
I understand. You should go to my 3 things thread and tell me/or us someone thing about yourself

Another question: one used to be able to post an avatar and then a picture inside their profile. Did that go away?

Well shucks. So much for giving a glimpse of myself. I mean, how often do people get to see a 400lb dwarf?

Back