New here...

Welcome aboard. Feel free to join us at the Naked Party thread any time. ;)
 
No one's told me to post a pic - nice boobs, btw! I'll have to find one...

I've been skimming some of the stories and I'm finding more in thrid person than I did on my random picks. I guess it was just a bizarre coincidence. I haven't written too much with groups, but I can see where first person would be a challenge.

I write both, and usually I have a hard time deciding which one to go for in each new story. It really depends on a lot of factors for me, but it boils down to what "feels" better. If I feel uncomfortable with my choice the story doesn't tend to turn out as well.
 
I write both, and usually I have a hard time deciding which one to go for in each new story. It really depends on a lot of factors for me, but it boils down to what "feels" better. If I feel uncomfortable with my choice the story doesn't tend to turn out as well.

I do the same, more or less. I've been known to change perspective during rewrites (yes, I am insane at times!) but feeling is a big player in what's what.

This is it for me tonight; it's been fun. Thanks for all the warm welcomes and encourgaement.

Until next time -
 
I guess this is next time...;)

Welcome to Lit and the AH, AC. :D

Drop by the Naked Party thread and have an adult beverage...the bar's always open and the company is friendly.

You might want to try your hand at the FlashFic thread...tell a story in 100 words...it's always fun...and a challenge to the verbose.
 
Thanks for the info S-Des - I'm quite new, so I'm still exploring.
Well, the Top Lists are a good resource, but they're also a popularity contest (and I'm saying this despite doing pretty well there). Many good writers have stories that get attacked by readers who don't like "that type" of story. It only takes a handful of bad votes to pull down a good story, so use the scores as a general guideline, but don't be surprised if you find some real gems that are down the list (or even off it).

You can find some really useful advice of what to expect on different story categories here (my favorite is Loving Wives, which is usually avoided by many here because of the overly rowdy readers). Although I'm a firm believer in writing what you feel, I don't think it hurts to know your audience either. Good luck.
 
Yep.

On every vote venue I know of the writers generally get screwed by idiot readers or conspiratorial competition. In the real world readers buy books or get them from the library, but they dont usually stuff the ballot box buying 100s of their own books.
 
A welcome :kiss: for the little newbie from the good little witch.
 
Welcome to Literotica.....posting your stories is one experience, posting here is quite another........
 
Yes, please, we need all the naked skin we can get.

Oh, and we talk about stuff, too. Important stuff. ;)

Yes. Tonight's discussion is a debate about naughtiness with talk about AV's and shiny things thrown in for good measure. :D Soon, we'll move on to the latest story plots and naked elves. ;)
 
Yes. Tonight's discussion is a debate about naughtiness with talk about AV's and shiny things thrown in for good measure. :D Soon, we'll move on to the latest story plots and naked elves. ;)
Oh yeah AC, I almost forgot....listen to anything Molly says. She's an EXCEPTIONAL writer (and I'm not just kissing ass to get a free book ;) ).

Hey sweetness. When do I get to finish that massage? I had some very important areas I didn't get too. :kiss::rose:
 
There we go...didn't take long for the flirting to start...again. ;)

Oh, welcome to the AH AC. Have a good time and try and be a duck! :cool:
 
Oh yeah AC, I almost forgot....listen to anything Molly says. She's an EXCEPTIONAL writer (and I'm not just kissing ass to get a free book ;) ).

Hey sweetness. When do I get to finish that massage? I had some very important areas I didn't get too. :kiss::rose:

Yes. We did leave that bit unfinished, didn't we? Wanna be interviewed on my next radio show?

Thank you for your very kind words, darlin'. You're really too much. No wonder you're one of my favorites.

Why A Duck? :D

You know. As in, "Hey you! Duck!" It's the last thing you hear just before you turn toward the voice and a poo-flinging monkey hits you in the face. ;)
 
Lately, it's been pretty much hetero, including multiples and groups. I'm sure I'll open some other doors; I have done lesbian in the past.

My biggest challenge to overcome is that I'm not accustomed to writing in the first person. Most fiction I write/have written has been in the third person - a narrator telling the story. Erotica needs to be much more personal; more intimate.

That said, at least two of my planned submissions are narratives. We'll see how they fly.

AC

Most of the stories I've read and written were in third person, although a few have been in first. Like others have said, it depends on the story and how it "feels" to you.

That being said, the Top Lists are a good way to find good stuff to read, but also if you're cruising through the threads here, many of the authors have the links to their stories posted in their signature lines. I've found quite a few gems that way.

Of course another way is through the favorites portal, although that link is not readily accessible, it does list the authors who are most popular on this site.

Here's the link to the Literotica Favorites Portal:
http://www.literotica.com:81/stories/favoritesportal.php

Another good way to find stuff you might like is through the Feedback Portal:
http://www.literotica.com/stories/feedbackportalv2.php

Although some of the comments shown there are...uh, well...not so nice. That's something every writer here learns to deal with, though.

Anyway, welcome (again) to the AH. If you ever have any questions about something, don't hesitate to ask anyone, there are lots of people who are more than willing to help.
 
Last edited:
Hi everyone -

I'm new here {waves} and just wanted to say hello. I'm published (not erotica) and looking forward to getting some of my work posted soon.

I think this will be lots of fun...

Welcome to the AH!

:rose:
 
Good morning all -

I think I'll be fine. I've been doing this long enough to know the difference between a thoughful, well-reasoned critique and non-sensical bullshit. I've never put much faith into a numerical "scoring" system either; what could it possibly tell me about my writing? A low score tells me the person posting the score didn't like what they read - but for what reason? Is it just plain crap? Did I use too little/to much symbolism? A discontinuous theme? Too many big words?

No worries, (but thanks for the warnings!), we'll see what happens.

I feel as if I've met many wonderful people already. I'm looking forward to this.

It's a stunning Saturday - I'm off to play!

Best to all -
 
Back
Top