Member login page down?

loquere

Smile!
Is the Member login page down? It's not loading for me at all, keeps grinding its gears thinking of letting me in, is all it's doing.

My login has been doing strange dropping out behavior for the last day, but I've always managed to get in--it just doesn't hold and I have to log in again. Last night it dropped out while I was writing a long post and I lost it.

My login has been doing strange dropping out behavior for the last day, but I've always managed to get in--it just doesn't hold and I have to log in again. Last night it dropped out while I was writing a long post and I lost it.

Ditto, it started early yesterday evening, 6-ish local. I did PM Manu to ask if this was a glitch or if it's how it's going be from now on, because logging back in every 20 minutes or so, even if it logs me back in smoothly enough, is f*cking annoying, to say the least!

Last edited:
I had to reset my password but that was only because I reset and cleared history so the cookies for the site were lost. Brutal One.

I've noted this elsewhere, but make sure you're on the secure server, especially if you decide to login with password.

Login on the story side and you are logged in for life. Even if you to to another machine. As long as you logged in from there and have the cookie your golden.

Login on the story side and you are logged in for life. Even if you to to another machine. As long as you logged in from there and have the cookie your golden.

Wrong at the moment. Since yesterday afternoon, logging in on the story side does not log me in on the discussion board side as well. That's part of the current glitch folks are pointing to.

Not so at the moment. I always log in story side and until two days that meant I was also automatically logged in forum side. Now, I need to log in twice - and the forum side times out (but I don't know what the timer is set to).

I've also found that log ins are device dependent. I've logged in and out on different devices at the same time, and they're independent of each other.

~ Nobody listens to me... ~
They do, but folk don't always want devices to remember passwords - isn't that what the Remember Me button would do? That's why I don't click it.

What I'm curious about is, why the sudden change? It only started happening a few days ago, so I guess Manu is tinkering with the code.

Not so at the moment. I always log in story side and until two days that meant I was also automatically logged in forum side. Now, I need to log in twice - and the forum side times out (but I don't know what the timer is set to).

I've also found that log ins are device dependent. I've logged in and out on different devices at the same time, and they're independent of each other.

Do you logout each time you leave? I just stay logged in forever. The site didn't make me login when I connected just now.

Do you logout each time you leave? I just stay logged in forever. The site didn't make me login when I connected just now.

Maybe there's some browser dependence.

I use Firefox, and log directly into my control panel on the story side. Until a couple days ago, if I navigated to the forum from there, then I'd be logged in on entry. Now I have to log in.

I think it used to work that way when I first got here. The change isn't a problem for me, it's just something to get re-used to.

I've not been logged out of the forum, but I don't log in here and hang around for twenty minutes or so -- especially without a keystroke.

I also log out any time I leave either the forum or the story side. I don't want people to think that I'm here when I ain't.

Never actively, but I clear browsing history regularly, so I guess all cookies get purged each time I do that. The double log-in is definitely something new, this week.

Anyone having trouble, can you confirm which browser you're using?

We're working on some updates that may temporarily require you to login on the main site and the forum separately, but they should not cause you to be logged out of the forum once you login.

I would like to try to trace any issue that causes frequent logouts. If you're experiencing logouts, please share additional information about what browser you're using and whether or not you're on the secure server.

Thank you. :D

We're working on some updates that may temporarily require you to login on the main site and the forum separately, but they should not cause you to be logged out of the forum once you login.

I would like to try to trace any issue that causes frequent logouts. If you're experiencing logouts, please share additional information about what browser you're using and whether or not you're on the secure server.

Silk (Kindle) and I log in on https. Forum side looks like it's not secure when I click in from my Control Panel - it's currently showing the red warning triangle and forum.literotica.com/newreply.php?do=etc etc

Maybe there's some browser dependence.

I use Firefox, and log directly into my control panel on the story side. Until a couple days ago, if I navigated to the forum from there, then I'd be logged in on entry. Now I have to log in.

I think it used to work that way when I first got here. The change isn't a problem for me, it's just something to get re-used to.

I've not been logged out of the forum, but I don't log in here and hang around for twenty minutes or so -- especially without a keystroke.

I also log out any time I leave either the forum or the story side. I don't want people to think that I'm here when I ain't.

I use a chromium browser called Brave. It automatically changes the site URL to HTTPS if either, a. it does have one in the link or b. the link you use has just a HTTP designation.

Never actively, but I clear browsing history regularly, so I guess all cookies get purged each time I do that. The double log-in is definitely something new, this week.

Clearing browser history shouldn't clear cookies unless you clear them also.

Last edited:

Firefox on Ubuntu.

I usually get to the forums from the link on the user control panel. That takes me to the insecure site and for the last few days I'm not logged in when I get here. If instead I go directly to https://forum.literotica.com, then I'm logged in (as AlinaX said a while back).

IOS, I think 13.5.

This has happened to me several times in recent days

I use Firefox. I can login to the story-editing side just fine, but sometimes clicking the "Forum" or "Bulletin Board" links (they're named differently on different Lit pages) seems to require me to login separately.

I found a workaround for this: I go to "History->Recently Closed Tabs" on my main OS menu, select one where I'd been successfully logged in here, et voilà, I'm logged in again without having to re-enter username/password. Maybe it's a cookie-related issue?

Last edited:
I use Firefox. I can login to the story-editing side just fine, but sometimes clicking the "Forum" or "Bulletin Board" links (they're named differently on different Lit pages) seems to require me to login separately.

I found a workaround for this: I go to "History->Recently Closed Tabs" on my main OS menu, select one where I'd been successfully logged in here, et voilà, I'm logged in again without having to re-enter username/password. Maybe it's a cookie-related issue?

I've been locked out for the past couple days, since I rebooted with an OS update and lost my cookies. I'm still using Firefox. But while I've been logged into Lit for much of that time, the forum wouldn't recognize me until I tried something different a few minutes ago.

* The forum won't recognize me as being logged in if I click the "FORUM" link at the bottom of one of MY home pages.
* The forum DID recognize me as being logged in if I click the "Bulletin Board" link in the "Site Index" section toward the bottom of Lit's home page (the one with the crappy graphics).

Hope that helps.

I've been locked out for the past couple days, since I rebooted with an OS update and lost my cookies. I'm still using Firefox. But while I've been logged into Lit for much of that time, the forum wouldn't recognize me until I tried something different a few minutes ago.

* The forum won't recognize me as being logged in if I click the "FORUM" link at the bottom of one of MY home pages.
* The forum DID recognize me as being logged in if I click the "Bulletin Board" link in the "Site Index" section toward the bottom of Lit's home page (the one with the crappy graphics).

Hope that helps.

The difference is that the "Forum" link on the user control panel goes to the insecure site (http://forum.literotica.com), and the "Bulletin Board" link takes you to the secure site (https://forum.literotica.com).

I'm using Android Chrome and also tried P
Chrome on Windows - I think something might be wrong as a story got marked as Pending ( no longer waiting for approval) on Thursday but still hasnt appeared. I wondered if I'd accidentally edited it so went in and tried re-clicking the Submit button, and nothing happens - the button just flashes with no response to say if the thing has been submitted successfully or not.

Back