Long form erotic reading

ChibiFangirl

Shy Exhibistonist
While I'm not new to Literotica's stories or erotic fanfiction, I've only read one-shorts or shot stories (no more than three chapters). I have never read an erotic BOOK. My fear is I'll find something, enjoy it for a little bit, but then get turned off seven chapters in because of something I'm not into. How do you continue reading if your turned off? OR how do you find the perfect book?

While I'm not new to Literotica's stories or erotic fanfiction, I've only read one-shorts or shot stories (no more than three chapters). I have never read an erotic BOOK. My fear is I'll find something, enjoy it for a little bit, but then get turned off seven chapters in because of something I'm not into. How do you continue reading if your turned off? OR how do you find the perfect book?
Skim over the section you don't like, and if you continue not liking it, stop reading the book. That's not hard to do.

I doubt you'll ever find the "perfect book," unless you commission it.

Generally, the plot and the characters keep your interest, same as with any book. I think it would be difficult to maintain sexiness or arousal throughout a whole novel but knowing the characters and seeing how the relationship develops may make the sex scenes even better.

The 'romantasy' genre is extremely popular right now, with a big focus on how spicy each book is. You could ask people here on Lit what books they have enjoyed - I know A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah Maas is very popular.

The most erotic book ever is Moby Dick. It even has "Dick" in the title. Can't get more erotic than that.

Do you read non-erotica books? How do you handle the problem of finding out you don't like a book after all in that situation? Same thing.

Do you read non-erotica books? How do you handle the problem of finding out you don't like a book after all in that situation? Same thing.
Well I read non-erotica for a different reason. I read erotica when I'm horny and non-erotoica when I want to get lost in a story

I read lots of books by Clive Cussler, Stephen King, Eric Lustbader, and other bestselling authors in my youth that were heavy on erotic scenes. As for stroke books, well, I saw some Beeline novels in an airport store when I was eighteen and the clerk had no problem selling me one. I bought a few more in college and read them many times., have found more stroke novels online. Like others in this thread have said, I read such stories when I'm horny and can indulge how they make me feel, and I skip over the parts I dislike. Or stop reading, if the author and I have incompatible attitudes. That has happened a few times.

Back