Let's talk names!

I had a car named Buford. All the forward clutch-packs went out in the automatic transmission.

Wilbur on the other hand never gave me a bit of trouble, until I neglected him in the backyard for 10 years and water got into the engine through the velocity stacks.

Well, Except for that one time when the oddly positioned needle seat unscrewed itself from the roof of the float bowl and shut off the fuel intake. That was my fault for not tightening it up when I did the rebuild.
 
I've never named a car.

Unless I was working on it and got mad.

:p
 
I seem drawn to the name Daniel, or men named Daniel (not Dan). And I seem to collect friends named Rebecca. At one point I had three very good friends with that name so one was stoner Becky, one was Bible Becky, and the last was crazy Becky.
 
I generally like Rebbeccas/Beckys/Beccas. I'm neutral on Ashley but I must know about two dozen of them.

There was this girl that I was seeing on a pretty casual basis for the better part of a year. We were sitting in bed post-coitus one time and I was telling a story from my childhood. I said, "So my Mom said, "×××××, you should do such and such...."

The girl says, "Who is ×××××??" :confused:

"I am ×××××!"

"I thought you were Que?"

""That's my last name."

Most people that have known me for the about the past 10 years or so only know me by my last name. Lately, because of some administrative intransigence I find myself having (only certain) clients refer to me as ×××××. Which feels odd since knot my Mom and sibs refer to me as such.

I have to think before I answer the phone and it gets confusing for both me and them at times.

I can't stand being called by my last name. It's too formal. Like if you HAVE to use a Mr, use Mr V. A lot of people at work and shit do that. My last name ain't worth having. If I ever do get married I'll change it. You can totally just go get it changed but it'd be this whole big thing with my dad's already super annoying family.
 
I had a car named Buford. All the forward clutch-packs went out in the automatic transmission.

Wilbur on the other hand never gave me a bit of trouble, until I neglected him in the backyard for 10 years and water got into the engine through the velocity stacks.

Well, Except for that one time when the oddly positioned needle seat unscrewed itself from the roof of the float bowl and shut off the fuel intake. That was my fault for not tightening it up when I did the rebuild.

My current car is named Sparkly. She's a girl. I always name and assign gender to vehicles.
 
My current car is named Sparkly. She's a girl. I always name and assign gender to vehicles.

See now this is interesting to me because I thought all vehicles were girls as a kid. Idk why. I think it was really common for adults in my life to refer to all vehicles with feminine pronouns. But then truck nuts came out and I was like, "Good for her."
 
See now this is interesting to me because I thought all vehicles were girls as a kid. Idk why. I think it was really common for adults in my life to refer to all vehicles with feminine pronouns. But then truck nuts came out and I was like, "Good for her."

To me, most Buicks are boys. Depends on the color. Muscle cars are usually boys too.
 
I seem drawn to the name Daniel, or men named Daniel (not Dan). And I seem to collect friends named Rebecca. At one point I had three very good friends with that name so one was stoner Becky, one was Bible Becky, and the last was crazy Becky.

Please tell crazy Becky I said hello!
 
One name that I've always liked and can conjure up some very erotic thoughts for me is "Malynda"
 
I seem drawn to the name Daniel, or men named Daniel (not Dan). And I seem to collect friends named Rebecca. At one point I had three very good friends with that name so one was stoner Becky, one was Bible Becky, and the last was crazy Becky.

How hot is Crazy Becky and how crazy is Bible Becky?

Asking for a friend.
 
for obvious reasons. My name is Jeffrey. And I'm English.

Also, I dislike when people have a name that SHOULD be a nickname and they don't use the nickname. Like... if your name is "Charles" it's... it's fucking not. If you come up to me and introduce yourself as Charles I'll call you "Charlie" or "Chuck" or "Chucky" or something like that automatically. I won't if you correct me, like if you're like, "Actually I prefer Charles" but it just sounds so pretentious.

I think I'm like that because I have a pretentious name and I know how goddamn pretentious it sounds.

Nice to meet you, JEFF.
 
Please tell crazy Becky I said hello!

How about I just give you her number and you tell her hello? Crazy Becky and I have parted ways. #sorrynotsorry

How hot is Crazy Becky and how crazy is Bible Becky?

Asking for a friend.

See below.

What, your friend isn't interested in the girl with the "stones"?

It's their loss, really. Stoner Becky is the cutest and keeps you the most entertained. She bought a couple "pussy hats" in different colors of Etsy because she loves cats - she had no clue why people were giving her weird looks until I explained it. She just shrugged and laughed.
 
Back
Top