Judge Royce Lamberth and January 6

ishtat

Literotica Guru
This Texan Judge was appointed to the Federal Court by Ronald Reagan back in 1987. Deeply conservative and a close friend of the late Antonin Scalia, Lamberth has an outstanding record evidenced by an extensive Wiki article. Last Wednesday he sentenced Taylor James Johnatakis to 7 years + in prison for his participation in, and leadership of the mob on January 6. The judgement is entirely predictable but is unusual in that Lamberth went into great detail why he was punishing the convicted man with a long sentence, even including his detailed notes explaining the weight he attached to evidence and the submissions made on the criminals behalf. To my mind the reasoning is an outstanding piece of work by an outstanding judge. No - one has explained the Constitutional importance of the January 6 events as well as Lamberth. I would be interested what other Board members particularly Republicans think of Lamberth's work in this matter.

The judgement and various commentaries on it are widely available on the internet and YouTube

The judgement and various commentaries on it are widely available on the internet and YouTube

Agree with jomar: if you're gonna start a thread like this, post links. Otherwise, any failure to get meaningful commentary rests 100% on your shoulders. Internet Politics Forum 101. 🤷‍♂️

Agree with jomar: if you're gonna start a thread like this, post links. Otherwise, any failure to get meaningful commentary rests 100% on your shoulders. Internet Politics Forum 101. 🤷‍♂️
Thank you, but please note that for some reason I haven't been able to make links 'stick' in the past 48 hours or so. But nice to know that you and J have ones best interests at heart. :) And a special thank you to dmallord. Those links help, but the best account I have found is by Meidas Touch on YouTube, where they read out the entire judgement. It was an exceptional and expert demolition of the Jan 6 sympathisers and their political 'masters' by a deeply conservative Judge with impeccable legal credentials.

Interesting career.
I actually remembered him as the judge who order a J6 convict to get the "organic" food he craved in jail as a "religious accomodation". Turned down six appeals from the prisoner to be set free so he could pursue his "religious diet".

He's a conservative judge that failed one-term president Honest Don Trump despises. Lamberth ruled against a pre-publication ban of John Bolton's biography.

He did single-handedly cripple American research into stem cell technology for a number of years and probably caused the deaths of thousands and pain to potentially millions more when he sided with right-wing whackadoodle to legally overturn a Presidential Executive Order from President Obama expanding stem-cell research, so he'll likely go to Hell for that.

Interesting that he served as a lawyer in the Army Judge Advocate General's office for a number of years...including one tour of duty in Vietnam. We had Army lawyers in Vietnam?

Thank you, but please note that for some reason I haven't been able to make links 'stick' in the past 48 hours or so. But nice to know that you and J have ones best interests at heart. :) And a special thank you to dmallord. Those links help, but the best account I have found is by Meidas Touch on YouTube, where they read out the entire judgement. It was an exceptional and expert demolition of the Jan 6 sympathisers and their political 'masters' by a deeply conservative Judge with impeccable legal credentials.

If you think the Tuber is 'best' at anything related to credibility, I feel sorry for you.

Sorry but you are wrong on this one. A glib response isn't justified for this one.

There are some high quality channels on YT and some low ones. If you haven't checked out Meidas Touch and a few of the others who began as a response to the failings of the legacy media then you aren't in the position for an offhand dismissal.

If you think the Tuber is 'best' at anything related to credibility, I feel sorry for you.
Actually watch the video in question, which was kindly posted by Adrina at 8 above, and you may find that your sorrow is a tad misplaced. ;)

'Videos' are not proof of anything. They are opinions at best.

I have not watched a single one if over 10 years and don't plan on ever doing so.

Actually watch the video in question, which was kindly posted by Adrina at 8 above, and you may find that your sorrow is a tad misplaced. ;)
Ishtat, I'm sorry but I'm going to agree with Adrina on this one.

Posting lengthy videos as "proof" of anything is an unfortunate consequence of today's political discourse. The video posted is 20 minutes in length. I'm not invested enough in this topic to spend 20 minutes of my day listening to it. I read faster than they can speak, and I don't need heart-rending imagery or scary background music to influence my thought process.

I know you mean well but the Trump supporters here use videos as a crutch, particularly the racists Chobham and JoePepsiCo. Chobham recently "proved" once again that black people were "inferior" to white people, and when challenged to provide backup he posted a link to a random Tucker Carlson episode and declared victory.

I have not watched a single one if over 10 years and don't plan on ever doing so.

Then neither is TV. They're just televised videos.

Regardless, your inexperience renders your opinion moot.

Court Document: maybe read this instead of watching the video. It's a PDF from the Washington Post of Judge Lambert's decision.

Back