I've had 9 friends die in the last 8 - 10 weeks. W.T.F.?

NotAFool

Loves Spam
I just want to tell everyone and see if you have had anything like this happen to you.

Nine friends. Most of which I've known since Jr. High or High School and one I met when I was nine years old. All were individual deaths, a few happened within the same week and only one was Covid related, no car accidents, but one was hit by a car while crossing the street. One was the mother of a close friend since elementary school and he found her in her hallway when he was on his way to the airport to come to the funeral of our close lifelong friend. Another was found by his mother in his house standing in the kitchen holding himself up against the countertop. He had apparently cut his leg on a glass coffee table and walked into the bathroom and attempted to stop the bleeding and then walked into the kitchen and bled out standing there. Another was a woman whom I had been close friends with since 7th grade and she was 55 yrs old had already won a battle against Pancreatic Cancer when she was in her late 20s and then beat Cancer in her jaw when in her late 30s and then died of a brain aneurism, her funeral is this Saturday. One of my closest friends who I mentioned briefly already died from heart failure, another from a 25 or 30 year heroin addiction, another who I met 30 years ago when he got a job at the strip club I was working at, he died of Sclerosis of the Liver and some other issues from smoking and drinking himself to needing a liver transplant but was never going to get one because other people need one who have a healthy lifestyle and or are young.
The web page needed refreshing and I lost the last couple paragraphs I wrote. I will rewrite that part later. I need some dinner.

My Condolences.
I was beginning to think it was unusual to lose a couple of service friends then lose a former close friend and an ex-SIL in the last couple of months. Made me start thinking of revising my will.

Sorry for all your loss. Life has always been and always will be transient . Take comfort that you have made so many friends throughout your own lifetime and continue to cherish all those who remain.
❤️🙏

I’m so sorry for your loss. I can’t even imagine…

A FWB recently told me he needed a pause to rethink his life. A childhood friend had died suddenly. I was hurt that he forgot the F means friend, but never let him see that.
It was not long before he reached out. So glad he let me comfort him. That's what friends are for.

Keep turning to friends. Whether IRL or here. We lift each other up.

Condolences

I just want to tell everyone and see if you have had anything like this happen to you.

Nine friends. Most of which I've known since Jr. High or High School and one I met when I was nine years old. All were individual deaths, a few happened within the same week and only one was Covid related, no car accidents, but one was hit by a car while crossing the street. One was the mother of a close friend since elementary school and he found her in her hallway when he was on his way to the airport to come to the funeral of our close lifelong friend. Another was found by his mother in his house standing in the kitchen holding himself up against the countertop. He had apparently cut his leg on a glass coffee table and walked into the bathroom and attempted to stop the bleeding and then walked into the kitchen and bled out standing there. Another was a woman whom I had been close friends with since 7th grade and she was 55 yrs old had already won a battle against Pancreatic Cancer when she was in her late 20s and then beat Cancer in her jaw when in her late 30s and then died of a brain aneurism, her funeral is this Saturday. One of my closest friends who I mentioned briefly already died from heart failure, another from a 25 or 30 year heroin addiction, another who I met 30 years ago when he got a job at the strip club I was working at, he died of Sclerosis of the Liver and some other issues from smoking and drinking himself to needing a liver transplant but was never going to get one because other people need one who have a healthy lifestyle and or are young.
The web page needed refreshing and I lost the last couple paragraphs I wrote. I will rewrite that part later. I need some dinner.

I thought it an extreme way to be rid of you; then I read some of your posts.

Back