If you could

What are the perimeters here? Do you mean, go back within our own lifetimes? Like back to being in high school and 16 years old? Or go back in time like, visiting the Renaissance and hanging with Da Vinci? :confused:

The diner's sign said breakfast anytime. I ordered bacon and eggs during the Renaissance.

Stephen Wright
 
I would go back and I would whisper in my 20 year old ear to be braver, take chances, and love myself.
 
It really does not work... going back to change things~... so move forward is my motto... focus on living without regret taking in what I learn as I go... I have missed opportunites, not taken chances when offered, but oh well... move onward... and it may be better or worse... but the goal for me is to be present...
 
Again, how far? To Berlin in the late '20's? With a silenced .22? Or Moscow or Rome under the same conditions? damned straight!
 
I dont think I would.

I dreamed about this very thing. I went back 40 years, and immediately realized that plenty of people I loved were many years into the future. Its a long time to be lonely. Plus you expose yousself to fortune again!
 
Faster than you can say "Fast".

Problem is I would do almost everything completely different, completely. And doing that...

a. Would mean never meeting my wife (Good/Bad/Undecided) as I would be deeply involved with someone else if possible.
b. I would make sure I was in a place that I was no where near in 1984 in order to meet someone I would very much like to be involved with.:devil:
c. I probably wouldn't know anyone here. :eek:
 
This is a tough question. If one assumes we could go back and change the past and alter the present, there's always a danger of changing the present for the worse. Yet, I think we all have instances in the past where we made a mistake, be it with money, or a relationship (romantic or otherwise), or did something (or didn't stop someone from doing something) that lead to physical injury or death of a friend or relative. It would be hard not to try to go back and save that person from their pain and suffering.

On a much more benign note, I'd also be gutsier in college and have gotten laid more :) My 19-20 year old self was shockingly oblivious to some of the opportunities he failed to take advantage of.
 
The past...especially mine...holds little allure. I am content with who I am and it's my life experiences that have brought me to this place...changing those would change the me of now and that's unacceptable. ;)
 
There are many things I regret, but without them I wouldn't be where I am today. Most importantly, I might not have my daughter, who is the light of my life. So no, I wouldn't change anything.
 
If I could take the knowledge of lessons learned and the life experiences I have lived through with me...... In a New York minute baby..... I'd go back..... even though I do realize that the first aspect that you change will alter everything else..... life is to short.. live on the edge:caning:
 
there are two moments in my life I would go back to....

one a few months ago... i would have taken the job instead of the man

two a decade ago and found some way to stay in school....:(
 
I think I would only go back in time to a few key instants in my life and have those last, few, deeply personal moments with various friends and family. Some of the things I would say would be frightening in a way, I'm sure, but I hope I'd be able to give them a sense of the love I did and still hold for them, which they would be able to hold onto when the hammer of fate came down.

But would I really want to change anything? No. That would preclude me ever wanting to go back in time in the first place. And, as Rob said, I like the person I am now. Pain and bad decisions included.
 
Last edited:
If I could, it would be to try and not cause the hurt that I was responsible for during this life time. And I would love harder. Problem is, sometimes those two objectives are in direct contrast with each other.
 
Back
Top