Hey anyone?

When I was using dial up network, I would shut my computer off because it would work slower otherwise. I always had to reboot.

But eventhough I am using cable modem now, I still turn the computer and monitor off but I leave the modem on 24/7. I prefer to turn the computer off because of my AIM and MSN messenger.
 
Mine stays on unless it crashes. Then, I either re-boot it, or threaten to use it as a paper weight as I go to bed for the night. At night, we leave it in suspend, with the moniter turned off. Also, during the day when we will be gone, I do the same.

No major problems so far. Our last one burned out a fan, and we didn't know what was wrong with it, till we bought this one. Then, a friend took it to clean it up, and replace old parts so we could sell it, and lo and behold... a fan fixed that nasty freezing up/crashing problem that would occur every 20 or 30 minutes.
 
Thats all I ever heard .......That you had to watch your fan..........................
 
Me - turning on when used - turning off after I am done (which is like once a day usually - in the evening after work week days - on weekends with my morning coffee till after dinner)


BUT!!!!!! It will go back to the shop to fix the fan, put in a stronger unit for power supply (whatever that is called in English) and the motherboard will be fixed and from then on I shall be "on" 24/7

I hope anyway *lol*
 
What Unclebill said about the battery and losing time. The CMOS battery goes dead or weakens over time, it is quite like a watch battery and periodically needs to be replaced.


As for my computer, on all the time. Sleep mode at night, but it stays on round the clock unless there is some HUGE lightning storm coming this way..........then it is off and unplugged from everything.

It is easier on the electronics to leave on and computer components like a nice constant temperature.
 
Back
Top