LusciousLoralie
Full-Fledged Slut
- Joined
- Feb 27, 2008
- Posts
- 2,170
I've started pasting characters into Google Earthwhere their geography spans nations. Surprisingly, people click on these links and email asking for information
![]()
that's awesome
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I've started pasting characters into Google Earthwhere their geography spans nations. Surprisingly, people click on these links and email asking for information
![]()

I do, but then I'm oddI'm sorry I keep on posting a bunch of times one after the other but its my thread. Get used to it
There's one story that I've been wanting to write for years that could probably be a novel if not two. For that I think it would be important to full out the entire character chart with family pets & religion. Although the one I'm working on currently is going to be shorter and much more focused on sex rather than on the character's life as a whole.
So basically my question is: do you think that I need to fill out all the stuff about their family when I'm not really planning on mentioning anymore's family? I don't really think that whether she knew her grandparents or what his favorite thing to do as a child relates that much to her giving him a blowjob.
Of course if his favorite thing to do as a child was to play "doctor" or if her aunt was a hooker or something then it would matter but those are not the circumstances. Did I just answer my own question?

I do, but then I'm odd
It's the detail that makes a long story convincing. Someone likes dogs, not cats. They like peanut butter but not marmalade. Imagine your protagonist is in a hotel eating breakfast. The choice of spreads for the toast is strawberry jam, honey, or marmalade. Their partner has just asked an awkward question, asking the waiter for peanut butter is the perfect opportunity to allow time to think about the answer. Details... but they all add up to form a complete character.
I feel like solid images work for me maybe half of the time. There have been times when I've really been getting into a story and then all of a sudden it states that the "hero" has long, blond hair. That ruins it for me, but probably because it was in the middle and not in the beginning.
Also, I don't want to say something looks like fill-in-the-blank person because everyone on here isn't aware of the same celebrities. People who are older
than me probably aren't going to know what Pete Wentz looks like. I don't want someone to stop reading so that they can google image search Gina Lollobrigida to understand why the person who looks like her is so attractive.
I'm not going to do that. I hate it when they first paragraph is just describing one of the characters. "This person has this color hair, this color eyes, they're this size" and what not.
If you read and understood....I suggested using dialogue to move the plot.....do whatever you want - it's your story.....
if it's real, it's the character's story......you're merely channeling the words onto the screen or page or whatever.......dig that
... and the only personal characteristics I have about them as individuals in my mind before starting to write is anything that was necessary to the role in terms of my original ideas of the hooks I was using the storyline I was unfolding. I let the characters differentiate themselves as I write--but only to the extent--and revealed when--it serves the story (if it doesn't matter what color her eyes are, I don't give her an eye color--the least you can reveal of a central character's physical attributes, the more readers who can see themselves in that character).
Think of "flaws" in this context, as the things they struggle with, or keep them from getting what they want in this story. Sometimes, the flaw itself can be a plot point. A flaw can even be a useful attribute under other circumstances.I don't know what flaws to give my characters. They're obviously not perfect but I just think of that as who they are and not as something "wrong" with or "different' about them.
In a sense, character and plot are one and the same. Character is what character does, and plot is an external manifestation of an internal conflict in the character. We separate them for the sake of discussion, but I'm a bit skeptical as to how much fictional bios and other static means of description help with writing a story.