As We Prepare For War With China

Dong Jun, from PLA's Navy, was appointed Minister of Defence of China recently. Some people estimate that China may quicken its pace to recover the island of Taiwan because a number of military high-ranking officers have been removed due to alledged betrayal and historically no officers from Navy was ever appointed Defence Minister.
Dong Jun's appointment is as a result of the purges that Xi has engaged in, with ever increasing frequency. Reminiscent of Mao and Stalin. No good end will come of his, now, dictatorship.

You, as a country, doesn't have the means of feeding itself. You, as a country, don't have the raw materials to sustain your industry. You, as a country, don't have the means of protecting the sea lanes you are dependent on for those vital commodities.

Xi and his policies will bring about the end of China as you know it. Good bye and good riddance to the CCP.

And that is why the entire "long game" mantra is out the window. The CCP is scrambling for its own survival now.
We see the products of failed ideologies uniting against a common enemy here on a daily basis.

Rather than discuss the corrective measure required by their failed dream and aspirations,
they attack and lash out in anger and a self-reflective derision of others.

It makes the feel strong and united in common cause
even when their causes are so dispirit
and divided in direction.

Building up is just as likely to cause a war than it is to prevent one.
If your intention is focused on retribution or resource acquisition, they yes, I agree.

On the other hand, nobody much picks on the biggest strongest guy in the bar when he's minding his won business...

(I speak of bars so that you will be able to imagine a more comfortable contextual environment than a debate stage.)

Dong Jun's appointment is as a result of the purges that Xi has engaged in, with ever increasing frequency. Reminiscent of Mao and Stalin. No good end will come of his, now, dictatorship.

You, as a country, doesn't have the means of feeding itself. You, as a country, don't have the raw materials to sustain your industry. You, as a country, don't have the means of protecting the sea lanes you are dependent on for those vital commodities.

Xi and his policies will bring about the end of China as you know it. Good bye and good riddance to the CCP.
Too bad that they won't go quiet into that gentle night.

The over-under on war is, "YES."

If your intention is focused on retribution or resource acquisition, they yes, I agree.

On the other hand, nobody much picks on the biggest strongest guy in the bar when he's minding his won business...

(I speak of bars so that you will be able to imagine a more comfortable contextual environment than a debate stage.)

Arms races are very real things and when you get enough people with enough toys something is gonna bounce off sooner or later. We are incredibly lucky that the US and USSR never went head to head even with MAD and if nukes hadn't been a thing by 1970 something at the latest we would have dealt out the cards and played one more round just to prove my hypersonic jet was better than your hypersonic jet.

Its absolutely no different on national levels than its on street or individual levels. More weapons=more violence. The current situation is a bit unique because literally if we subtract nukes where everybody lives the rest of the world could attack us and they might get us but at prices that would be way too high to calculate. Oceans are fucking awesome.

Loyalty works both ways or not at all. The US military is struggling to recruit because young people know they are just cannon fodder to the politicians and brass. Street gangs with more personal connections between leaders and soldiers have more mutual loyalty.

I think there is a lot more going on with having trouble recruiting than knowing they are just cannon fodder for the rich.

I think there is a lot more going on with having trouble recruiting than knowing they are just cannon fodder for the rich.
Yep, unappealing wokeness to the warrior class, and only a small percentage of military-aged men available are physically qualified to serve.

Yep, unappealing wokeness to the warrior class, and only a small percentage of military-aged men available are physically qualified to serve.

To whatever limited extent those things are true they are definitely not the primary drivers. A fairly good economy is the largest driver. If anything the lack of wokeness is a deterant. I would never tell a minority who wasn't desperate to join.

There is another aspect to it. Many recruits/new officers come from military families, it's a tradition. I know that we vets are now encouraging our children/grandchildren NOT to join the military. The whole 'woke' indoctrination programs are bullshit.

Loyalty works both ways or not at all. The US military is struggling to recruit because young people know they are just cannon fodder to the politicians and brass. Street gangs with more personal connections between leaders and soldiers have more mutual loyalty.
I thought of this again but forgot I already posted it. But it is something that apparently everyone at the top of everything has forgotten or never learned: corporate executives, generals, and politicians. They are shitting themselves in fear of the situations they create: people who refuse to be wage slaves or cannon fodder, and politicians losing votes because they obviously care only about votes and donations, not voters.

Back