BDSM Organization

snoozebutton

Keeper of the cheese.
Ok this may sound silly but anyone find a better way to organize the various toys and oils, etc. during a scene. It can get akward reaching to the night stand for some while others are on the bed. I will like a more seemless transition from say candles to ice or feather to flogger. Any imput would be appriciated as I strive to improve scene play.

I guess it all depends on your required level of privacy:

For some, I imagine convenience is not much of an issue, since they like to keep their toys hidden inside an asbestos-lined safe inside their cellar floor underneath their water heater where no kids or company can find 'em.

If privacy's not really an issue, maybe you need one of those fancy headboads that have bookshelves and little mini-cupboards that are much more conveniently located than the nightstand. You can even put your lube on the headboard shelf while it's (gasp!) still open, reducing your transition time!

snoozebutton said:
Ok this may sound silly but anyone find a better way to organize the various toys and oils, etc. during a scene. It can get akward reaching to the night stand for some while others are on the bed. I will like a more seemless transition from say candles to ice or feather to flogger. Any imput would be appriciated as I strive to improve scene play.
I know what You mean....I get cranky if I reach for one toy and another falls on the floor.
I have mounted two over head kitchen utensil racks on My wall..it holds all of My whips, floggers,paddles, cuffs, gags,nipple clamps, ostrich feathers etc.
I have 2 two drawer side tables that hold the butt plugs and vibrating toys etc.
And still I wish to be better organized...such as side hook thingies to lay the floggers on..the next project I guess.

NemoAlia said:
I guess it all depends on your required level of privacy:

For some, I imagine convenience is not much of an issue, since they like to keep their toys hidden inside an asbestos-lined safe inside their cellar floor underneath their water heater where no kids or company can find 'em.

If privacy's not really an issue, maybe you need one of those fancy headboads that have bookshelves and little mini-cupboards that are much more conveniently located than the nightstand. You can even put your lube on the headboard shelf while it's (gasp!) still open, reducing your transition time!

Good ideas and was thinking needed a Domly Batman utility belt :).

Re: Re: BDSM Organization

Shadowsdream said:
I know what You mean....I get cranky if I reach for one toy and another falls on the floor.
I have mounted two over head kitchen utensil racks on My wall..it holds all of My whips, floggers,paddles, cuffs, gags,nipple clamps, ostrich feathers etc.
I have 2 two drawer side tables that hold the butt plugs and vibrating toys etc.
And still I wish to be better organized...such as side hook thingies to lay the floggers on..the next project I guess.

I like the rack idea I will have to look into that thank you.

I just had a thought about this... possibly a solution. You know those racks that you see in kitchens? The one's that are usually over the islands in the middle of the kitchen. These racks usually have alot of hooks around them and hold stuff like pots and pans, etc.

Well I think it would be pretty cool to put one of those over the center of the bed. With all the hooks, you could hang whips and floggers and paddles. And then if you get some wire baskets and hang them in those potted plant holders, you could toss dildos, butt plugs, etc (bascially small stuff) into them and since they are made of wire, you would see what is in them and know which basket to reach for when you want a particular item. Plus, those potted plant holders come in various lengths, so you could hang your baskets a tad lower so that you can reach up and over them and then into them. You can even have a wire basket just for lubes. heh.

Also, you can coil your ropes and hang them from hooks too. I would think a cane could be just slid up and over the rack and just lay on top of it. Cuffs could hang from hooks.

I can just imagine quite a few possibilities here. :)

Anyhoo... just a thought.

PBW

Poor Me

I have a nosy parker teenager in the apartment so all of my toys and accessories are kept locked in a footlocker in my bedroom.

How about...

A used commercial dress rack or even an IV stand if one can be found used where you live for the toys and if the clothing rack is the revolving type simply add a shelf on top. If it's wall mounted then add the shelf to the wall.

To Ebonyfire.... the advantage of a grown son away in college and an ex wife is living where nosy teens aren't a problem. *L

Re: How about...

PhoenixPrime01 said:

To Ebonyfire.... the advantage of a grown son away in college and an ex wife is living where nosy teens aren't a problem. *L

I have a grown kid and a grandchild 3000 miles away. I did no tgive birth to this one. I inherited one due to curcumstances beyond her or my control.

So do not brag. God has a way of making you pay for it! :p

Chuckling*

I wasn't bragging just stating fact and since my back is farked for the rest of my life and will just get steadily worse perhaps I am already, who know?
Why only The Shadow Knows... Muwahahahah. *g

P. B. Walker said:
I just had a thought about this... possibly a solution. You know those racks that you see in kitchens? The one's that are usually over the islands in the middle of the kitchen. These racks usually have alot of hooks around them and hold stuff like pots and pans, etc.

Well I think it would be pretty cool to put one of those over the center of the bed. With all the hooks, you could hang whips and floggers and paddles. And then if you get some wire baskets and hang them in those potted plant holders, you could toss dildos, butt plugs, etc (bascially small stuff) into them and since they are made of wire, you would see what is in them and know which basket to reach for when you want a particular item. Plus, those potted plant holders come in various lengths, so you could hang your baskets a tad lower so that you can reach up and over them and then into them. You can even have a wire basket just for lubes. heh.

Also, you can coil your ropes and hang them from hooks too. I would think a cane could be just slid up and over the rack and just lay on top of it. Cuffs could hang from hooks.

I can just imagine quite a few possibilities here. :)

Anyhoo... just a thought.

PBW

I like the hanging basket and rack idea over the bed would be nice to just reach up :).

Re: How about...

PhoenixPrime01 said:
A used commercial dress rack or even an IV stand if one can be found used where you live for the toys and if the clothing rack is the revolving type simply add a shelf on top. If it's wall mounted then add the shelf to the wall.

Interesting thoughts thank you.

Similar question...

anybody have tips for organization of the toy bag? When we go out, his duffel bag is a jumble of floggers, cuffs, plugs, etc. Most of our "serious" play is done at parties and others' homes, due to multiple kids, and the jumbled bag can be frustrating. Any ideas, something big enough to hold the contents of a duffel bag but with some semblance of order inside?

-justina

To Justina:

Try either a hard case for bow hunting or a salesman's catalogue case with outside pockets.

The bow case will let flogger, crop's etc stay straight and a catalogue case has tons of room. Organize in Ziplock bags, etc for small things.

Re: Similar question...

Justina123 said:
anybody have tips for organization of the toy bag? When we go out, his duffel bag is a jumble of floggers, cuffs, plugs, etc. Most of our "serious" play is done at parties and others' homes, due to multiple kids, and the jumbled bag can be frustrating. Any ideas, something big enough to hold the contents of a duffel bag but with some semblance of order inside?

-justina

Home Depot sells large sturdy plastic cases, about 13' by 8' by 3', with adjustable internal dividers
I have 3 of them in my bag with my various toys packed neatly inside, and then a round poster carry-tube for my longer rops & canes

As for the original question, you can often pick up a clothing rack on wheels such as department stores use, to hang your toys on.......if you have a big enough closet, it wheels in for storage so you don't have to explain a wall-mounted rack if you have company :D

Re: Re: Similar question...

James G 5 said:
Home Depot sells large sturdy plastic cases, about 13' by 8' by 3', with adjustable internal dividers
I have 3 of them in my bag with my various toys packed neatly inside, and then a round poster carry-tube for my longer rops & canes

As for the original question, you can often pick up a clothing rack on wheels such as department stores use, to hang your toys on.......if you have a big enough closet, it wheels in for storage so you don't have to explain a wall-mounted rack if you have company :D

Thinking about one of those trays on wheels doctors have for their instruments. I mean we are operating in a kinky kind of way. :)

P. B. Walker said:

Well I think it would be pretty cool to put one of those over the center of the bed. With all the hooks, you could hang whips and floggers and paddles.
PBW

One the same note if you could do something like that but make it strong enough for suspension it would be even better and more versatile.......even be able to lower and raise it as needed depending on the situation........always have everything within reach at any time :)

Laughing*

Ahhhh, Home Depot, affectionately known as Dom Depot in my home. Every trip inside is like being a child in a candy store, right my friends? *BG

Re: Similar question...

Justina123 said:

-justina

You might consider one of those travel bags that has all the net dividers for toiletries, etc. I have a small one that works well, but its time to trade up for a larger model. :D

Thanks...

for all the great suggestions; I'm gonna enjoy my shopping trip out this week...this lady pretty much never sets foot in Home Depot type places, but can see that is gonna change!

-justina

Chuckling*

What a good girl. Good lil one. Your Dom/me(?) is fortunate. *now laughing at our silliness*

Last edited:
Back