The Lust of Tortuga

RedHairedandFriendly

Too much red on Red?
Joined
Apr 20, 2005
Posts
112,724
The Lust of Tortuga
RedHairedandFriendly ~ leopardlover ~ ZuesTheGod ~ Tseranc

Four Seasons: 380 day year
Changing Winds- 95
Chilling Frosts - 91
Falling Rains - 98
Blazing Heat - 96

Two Suns, One Moon.



Changing Winds 14, 385

The 265 year old Elven Princess, Elixas Valora of the Valora Clan, watched him from a distance she wasn’t quite sure what he was doing here, she’d warned him not to come back, but he obviously thought her warning wasn’t good enough of a reason to stay away. It had been thirty years since she last saw him, the Battle of Celestial Runes began some eighty-five years ago ending fifty bloody years later.

The Prince of Krenshorn had been banished; she knew taking his life would be hard, but also knew it was her duty to her people that made her pull up the weapon and steady her aim. She thought of their past, as her shot was lined up. The fiery nights burned in her memory, her eyes became misty as she recalled the nights they loved, and the days they battled opposite sides of a War.

The wind blew her blazing red hair, the dark green eyes took in the sight of his heart, and she sensed he could smell her. She knew he could when he suddenly looked upon her hiding place and though they couldn’t really see each other they still were locked.

“I told you not to return,” she called down to him, her arrow notched and ready to fly. “Why did you not listen? The War is over, your kingdom belongs to us now, and you were allowed to live great Prince, as long as you never returned.” He said nothing and she lowered her weapon. When she dropped to the forest floor she readied it again. “I will give you a ten minute head start my foe, then I will hunt you down and kill you.”

The suns of their world glittered off of her gold headdress, cascaded down the chains that hung from the diamonds that were studded in her pointed ears. The tattoos that were on her face highlighted the emerald eyes. The colors were as rich as the luscious amber that was studded over the two circular plates that covered her breasts.

She hadn’t changed much, her body was still hard, and trim, yet feminine and inviting. She remembered how he stirred it to passion, released it into the depths of pure heated bliss and passion. As she stood there she watched his eyes skate over her stomach, as if he were mentally recalling the taste of the flesh. How many times had he traced the tattoo on her stomach, following its blood red path to her bald sex? How many times did he bite and the individual dots that marked the number of kills she made during the wars of their people.

Her sex was now hidden from his view by the triangular fabric that was held to her skin by the soft gold that curved against her, holding the material tight against her flesh. The bracelets on her wrists lead down to the gold jeweled rings, and they too sparkled in the light. She’d added the same swirling flaming suns tattoos to her ankles, those were new to him, those were marks he would never run his tongue over again.

“You waste precious time my enemy... run before you die where you stand,” she glared at him. Her eyes never leaving his face, watching for the flicker that gave him away the last time they met, that flicker of dishonesty and lies that had finally been his down fall.

The Princess did not know that a third party watched them, no one knew, for this one was dark and sinister and this one was waiting for her to destroy the Prince, so that he could destroy her and her Elfin kind. He covered himself in a thick veil of power, one that was so heady with evil that he was able to take the form of every low creature of the valley, and mountain. “Yes... my dear, take his life, so that I can claim yours. It is time to end your families reign,” Tortuga thought to himself, as he waited for the foolish Prince to run away.


~ ~ ~ Eighty-five years before ~ ~ ~​
Seven months into battle
 
Last edited:
Falling Rains, 1, 305

The young elf sits, listening intently to his his father and his father's advisors speak. At 180 he is still young by elven standards, having just come to maturity. He looks around to his kin, the clan of Krenshorn, who, like him all have black skin, the way his people have reacted to Daelta and Nemeyn, the twin suns of their planet. Pale blue eyes filled with curiosity and a bit of apprehension look out from his face, taking in his father, a stately elf, older, much older, than he; an elf who has seen near 700 years and still has a few centuries to go at the least.

"I have heard terrible news. Valora plans to attack withing the next season, two at max. Their movements have been stealthy, trying to keep the news ourt of the public eye. I had hoped to settle our differences another way. But that now sounds to be impossible. They will not stop til they possess all the celestial runes"

At the king's words there is a hushed silence then the elves speak their minds, asking questions, giving opinions, trying to sort things out and see the various facts to form a well informed decision on how to advise the king. As usual, the decisions are not even close to unanimous, but for the most part they agre. They must go to war, and they must do it immediately, before the Valorans can strike them first. Only a few say that they should wait, and only one or two say no...The information must be wrong.

And so it happened before young Prince Darkhal. For the first time in 5000 years of peaceful coexistence, the lands of Valora and Krenshorn would be at war. As such, allies must be called in,; forces must be marshalled, provisions accounted for. Messengers are sent across the land, calling the people to war, spreading through every nook and cranny, given all haste the mages and horse can provide. Emissaries are sent out, brokering trade deals and alliances, giving up this, getting that, knowing those of Valora will be doing the same, may have already. The word is that they wait only for the perpetual rains to stop.

Darkhal does as he is told, training ever harder at his fighting skills, practicing hour upon hour, day after day, honing himself into a fighting machine. Court functions are still held. He attends the one he has to, blows off the others with an apology even as the dandies flock to them to be seen in the spot light. He does not wish that. He only hopes to become good enough that when he fights he fights well, that he destroys his enemies quickly, that he protects his own home.

Every day he gets better. His instructors over the years had already trained him well, but now he wants more. Wants perfection. He seeks it like the bugs seek the heat of flames when the chill of snow comes. He has learned all his life of politics, of the courtly graces and of course, of the tactics of war. Now the emphasis is on the aspects of life and leadership that pertain to war.

Days upon days pass, fortifications all over the land are made and a host marches from the capital. It is nearing the end of the season, and soon the Valorans will strike. Or so the Krenshorn believe. So they have decided. We will strike first. And now they are ready to do just that.
 
Falling Rains 89, 305

Elixas brushed out her long red hair, it hung in waves down her back. The headdress of her people was placed upon her head. It had taken many years of training for the young Elvin Princess, now just grazing her 180th year to get to where she was. The silver headdress sat high on her brow, curled over her temples and held the fiery mane back away from her eyes. She looked over to her mother the gold covering already attached to her flaxen braids. The jewels of their people glittered in the heat of the day gracing her mother's wrists and fingers. Elixas wondered how this battle would fair. She closed her eyes against the rain and stilled the beating of her heart, calming it until it once again flowed gently with much less panic.

Everyone was ready for another battle, another way to bring down the hated Krenshorn. They all remembered the story of slaughter and destruction that Mashiko and Princess Elixas had reported concerning the city of Manitola. Now they all were hungry for revenge. When the Krenshorn Clan attacked the Valoras' weeks before the planned raid on their Northern borders their enemy had won the battle, killing many warriors as well as raping and pillaging the innocent victims.

It was hours after the massacre of the great city that Mashiko, his daughter and their troops rode up, and it was days before they were able to leave. Everyone, Valoras' as well as their allies was shocked by the carnage. "I never believed them to be so evil. How after all these hundreds of years could we have been so wrong? They can not continue to claim the Celestial Ruins," Riana told her husband, when they related the story to her. The beautiful green eyes that matched her daughter's filled with sorrow.

The Royal family and the soldiers, prepared bodies for heavenly departure to the Celestial Clouds and they knew that if the Krenshorn were allowed to continue to have control over the great jeweled city then they were all doomed. So it was with skilled plotting and planning that the Valora's allies captured the next two cities on the Eastern Border and word had reached Mashiko just a fortnight ago that all was in place to take the first Western village. Elixas and her family had honor, their allies would not kill the innocent or lute and rape. They would only kill those that fought, and those that laid down their weapons would be allowed to live within the Valora clan or be banished.

Her thoughts suddenly shifted to the week prior to her present state and a shiver was brought forth. She watched the traitor being led out into the courtyard, his eyes pleading for someone to believe him, and listen to him, but no one did. He had been found guilty of treason and his sentence would be swift and just. She watched, her heart aching as she recalled the training they had taken side by side, the games they had played as children and though in her mind she knew the evidence was too staggering to ignore, her heart pleaded with herself to stop the sentence that would soon be carried out. Princess Elixas looked to her father, his gray steel eyes were void of emotion as he lifted his staff of Jasper Tree that had been dipped in silver and spoke to the people.

“Ackarin Belath of the Valora Clan you have been sentence to death. You’re deeds allowed our enemy the Krenshorn Clan to attack our outer borders. You’re treachery will not go unpunished. Your family has been banished and your life’s blood will flow upon this land, and you will bleed for the people you helped slaughter. Men and women that called you friend, children that believed you a great warrior all lay dead at your feet,” Mashikco lowered his arm and the volley of arrows flew, burying themselves into the Elf; his body fell to the ground. Elixas' deep green eyes allowed one tear to fall for her friend as she watched her own arrow find its home in the man’s chest.

“It is time,” her father told her. His hand rested on her shoulder, bringing her back to the task at hand. The woman leapt up and took her place in the trees. She signaled her troops and they began their trek toward the Western border of Krenshorn land. The moonlight gazed down upon her skin, lighting the small dots that had been placed on the woman's arms. The kills were adding up, and she shuddered as she realized that tonight she would add more, or none at all.

Days they traveled, rains held them at bay, and all waited until a small allowance from the sky was given to them. Once the time came a battle cry erupted, soon another heated confrontation began. Elixas saw several comrades die, but still she fought bravely, until she saw her mother fall. The scream that fell from Elixas' lips drowned out an evil laugh; one that could only be heard if someone listened carefully.
 
Last edited:
Falling Rains 91, 305


Darkhal expression under the onyx faceplate is one of distaste, as if he smells something foul, as if a horrible taste will not leave his mouth. This is the case, there is a bad taste, one that has sat upon his tongue for these last 85 days, when he and his personal troops, three thousand of his people's elite rode up in the aftermath of the bloodiest battle in hundreds of years.

It was his first time seeing the aftermath of a battle. The screams still haunt him of women's dying screams. Women who had done nothing wrong. Had not fought. Had not killed. Merely existed and were comely. He flayed the first creature he saw committing the atrocity, flayed him to within an inch of his life. He sent his men out, spreading the word a Prince had arrived and ordered that all be stopped. No one else was to be harmed. That on pain of death, they would leave. But the damage was already done. The city was already ablaze. The men all killed. And other, unspeakable, unthinkable, things had been done.

By the time the order to cease had been passed out, some few of their own lay dead by their comrade's own hands, left to rot while the rest who had fallen were carried away to be burned in ceremony upon the funeral pyres, their souls to rise to the stars on plumes of smoke. Thus, when the Valora come it is to the sight of ashes apart from the city in an open field.

Darkhal wishes he could change things, but he can not. And he has no time to help the residents of the city that still live. It would take days to put out the fires and tend his enemy's wounded. Time he does not have as he finds out. For no sooner than his own are cared for the Valora are seen in the distance, too close, much too close and far too strong in number for his force to face right now. So they flee, leaving their vile deed for the world to see.

None know though that in that time, before the Krenshorn entered the fray another presence was felt. One of great and terrible power spred hate, and greed through the ranks like poison, clouding man, elf, goblin and werewolf alike, spreading chaos and destruction with each mind it touched. Thus the Valora were given reason to hate the Krenshorn and their allies. Thus the War of the Celestial Ruins began.

Only one thought consoles him. Had the Valora struck first they would have done the same, if not worse. As is proven not twenty one days later when a village is retaken. Every Krenshorn is killed then mutilated, left to the buzzards to devour, dishonored in the worst way possible. Even then Darkhal can not accept the actions of his kin and allies. It is known, and well known at that the cost of such dishonorable behavior any where near him, whatever kingdom you came from. Because if you did not act with honor then he and his underlings would make sure you suffered and suffered dearly. One fourth of all wealth in a city or town could be taken, no more. Anything found not accounted for was confiscated, and the thief punished severely. If one of Darkhal's three thousand found out.

Of course, people got away with evil deeds. But usually it was found. Someone spoke when they should not. And accidents would happen. Or in the midst of a battle a werewolf leutenant fell when there was seemingly no enemy near his position. A human fell into a trap in an area that had been combed earlier. Eventually the word spread far and wide. When you were near the prince, watch your actions or face the consequences. In the armies controlled by his siblings such order was not mandated, nor their allies. There, all hell could and at times did, break loose. When word comes in Darkhal curses, wishing to stop the madness. But he can not.

He is shaken from his thoughts when a scout approaches and speaks.

"Sire. Valoran forces have been seen coming this way. They are estimated to be about twenty eight hundred strong, fairly evenly matched with us. The ground favors them slightly where they are. They are i the wood below our current position, perhaps five miles away and moving quickly towards us. however, a mile back-"

Darkhal interrupts. "Would be perfect for an ambush. See to it. Perhaps a thousand of ours. They will be able to handle themselves well. Have the men set it up. As many hidden in the tress as possible, concealed. The rest outside, around that area there" He points. "Where we will be well concealed. When the enemy enter the wood fully the thousand that have drawn them in shall turn about and fall on the front while our hidden start to rain arrows. I shall lead the cavalry to cut off their rear, boxing them completely. Give no mercy unless they drop their weapons. Whoecver continues to fight, dies."

All is done as ordered, they move into position, luck with them, unnoticed by their foes. The thousand, led by his right hand perform perfectly their maneuvers, fleeing at the sight of the Valora, they obviously outmatched. But their retreat is orderly, timed, not the running of a paniced mob.

Darkhal waits, sitting atop his charger, waiting, trying to not fidget in his armor. Then he hears the first signs of battle. The Valora have taken the offering. The orders are called. His men charge, with he leading. They make an impressive sight as they ride, he at the host's front in a tight wedge. An eagle wheels above, looking downwards. What is seen is a surging black arrow, flying swift and true across the land, deadly to any in its path.

The tip would be Darkhal, gleaming even more brightly in his full plate, onyx gleaming in the faint light when his body moves just right with the galloping of his steed. His eyes, or where his eyes should be, are of sapphires nearly black as the rest of the armor. They, like the rest, are enchant, making him albe to see through the opaque stones, making them hard as the armor coving his body head to toe. More sapphires are embedded ing the onyx, a circlet around his head, his emblem upon his chest and back to show his rank. To show he is a prince.

His bow is drawn, an arrow knocked, waiting til he gets into range to fire at a real target. This will be at least several minutes after the fray has started, after much might have happened.

Meanwhile, in the trap, Lieutenant Vizer wheels his own mount, calling for an about face, setting his men up in a surprise move to the Valora, who keep charging. Then, when much of the force has entered the long stretch, a deadly rain begins to fall. Warriors fall left and right, the late afternoon favoring the Krenshorn's surprise attack, making them harder to target in the foliage.

Vizer calls the counter charge, his forces smashing into the leading edge like a shield from an attack that has lost much momentum, much cohesion from the devastating volleys. For the mages have focused all their powers on concealment, blending in even more fully with the forest. They will be useless in this fight now, but their purpose has been served.

Vizer delivers the killing blow after several minutes of trading swings, taking minor wounds as well as a more severe one, her blade slicing through one of the joints in his mail to the flesh beneath even as his blade finds an opening to pierce her throat cleanly in one swift thrust. He knows not whom exactly he has killed at that moment though he will realize later. He is too worried about the fight, the blood that even now trickles down his leg. He binds it quickly, surround by guards, refusing to fall back, but continue to act as a wall, be a part of it til the battle is over.He does fall back though, directing from just behind the main line, with the healers when he begins to feel faint moments later.
 
Last edited:
Blazing Heat 33, 310

Sweat fell from the redhead and streamed down her chest, nestling between the firm globes of her body. Her mind began to wander from the task that the old woman was performing. She looked at the red colors that were now beginning to cover her arms. Each one marked a life that she alone had taken. After the battles each warrior moved swiftly checking bodies and noting where arrows fell, so they could claim the kill or reward it to another. Her muscles were stronger now, her body fully developed. On her head now lay the gold head covering of her mother, Queen Rania, one of the lives taken some five years ago.

Her country battered but still fighting. The enemies suffered just as they had. No longer were the battles as constant, but they were still there. Neither one had reached the others castles, but Princess Elixas knew that would change if the Krenshorn continued to insist they were the rightful rulers of the runes. Peace had reigned for so long and now Princess Elixas found herself asking why had it come down to this, why was this war so necessary? She recalled asking her father, screaming at him for days after they prepared Rania for burial.

He told her about the World, stories that she had heard from a child, but for some reason he found the need to repeat them to her. It was those stories that kept the pain of the dyes from making her wince. Hundreds of years the two Clans cared for the ruins side by side. Every season would pass and the groups would celebrate harvest, the breaking of the rains, the cooling of the suns and even the celebration of the first chilling, but during the last 100 years of that peace things began to change. It was as if a seed was planted in an official, her father admitted to her that it was a Valora that made the first accusation. The Krenshorn were said to be using the powers of the runes, stealing the sacred jewels and honing their energy to better themselves, to make themselves richer so they could eventually control the Valora lands.

Mashikco at first had denied that his friend would do such a thing, but then evidence began to show itself. Krenshorn became “puffed up” they seemed to have more wealth, were stronger, looked to be moving their cities closer to the lands of Valora. Many meetings were held, and it became apparent that the Krenshorn were misusing the powers, or so that is what was fed into the minds of many Valora. Elixas voice took over at this point and in her mind it was her melodius sound that spoke to her. Her father, Mashiko and his counselors decided on War, and though the initial battle had been stolen from them because of trechery they were still victorious in others. They looted when it was necessary, killed when it was needed and banished when it was forced.

She shuddered as she thought of the caves of Darkenwood where the banished ones lived. She feared the very thought of banishment, she knew not where the Krenshorn sent their prisioners, it was one of the things that her father was struggling with. He wanted to rescue his kinsmen and his allies, but he knew not where they were all hidden. “You are finished, my Princess,” the voice of Magdalina brought Elixas out of her musings. She looked down and counted the newest marks, and sighed. “Thank you, wise one,” she placed a gold bead on the woman's table and left the hut.

The heat of the day slammed into her. She walked toward the castle. The battles still raged, but they were miles from her. She had not returned to battle since taking her place where her mother once ruled. Her fingers itched to fight, they itched to lift her weapon and kill the foes that brought pain to her. She looked to the suns, cursed their heat and called for her advisors to meet with her. She had thought of the ones in Darkenwood, and her heart grieved for them. She was not a heartless woman, her father had raised her to be kind and compassionate. So it wasn't a shock that the advisors now sat before her their mouths gaping in shocked humor.

“PrIncess you can not be serious. These people are your enemy. Your father still fights their kinsmen, and you wish to water and feed them?” Caron asked her. She could not believe her friend was willing to care for the ones that had been banished.

Elixas looked at her friend, and tried to block out the past years that they had enjoyed laughing and learning, she was still her friend, but when it was time to deal with the future of her race then no one was her friend, they were her advisors and friendship was left behind. “I will not kill innocents. The woods where the caves lay are not as full of life as they were once. Something kills the animals, slowly... but still they die a little more each day. The Darkenwood people will need care and we sent them there.”

Caron and the others could see the Princess' mind was set. “Then let someone else take the provisions Elixas,” she stopped at the glare the Princess sent her. “Your Highness. I beg of you let another group take the waters and meats to them. You need to stay here.”

“I will travel in secret,” she pointed toward the garb she would wear. “The Marabies have remained neutral in this battle, protecting themselves by trading with both parties and refusing to acknowledge the rules of either one. Foolish of them yes, but... now it is an advantage for us. We will travel at night, the darkness hiding our markings, then we will return and perhaps we will bring back new warriors.”

“I only hope the Krenshorn are caring for ours they way you are willing to care for theirs,” Caron and the others left.

Princess Elixas sighed to herself “As do I.”
 
Last edited:
Blazing Heat, 33, 310




Darkhal found himself in much the predicament Elixas is now finding herself three days ago. That was when he and hot force of four hundred, compromised of three hundred soldiers and one hundred mages, split from his main force to come to where he now sits, a few miles from the place his people reportedly are kept.

The arguments were good, but could not persuade him to change his course. Darkhal felt he needed to come, even though as Vizer pointed out...They might not even be here. The source of intelligence wasn't that great, or reliable. His lieutenants wanted another to lead the expedition, or even just send a few men to scope out the area.

Darkhal refused. He could not do it. If his people could flee he would help them do so. It was unknown how many had been captured, or how they fared. It was an unknown as to if they would need to be carried out. But that didn't matter. What mattered to him was attempting to set them free. And that's why he is here, once again using concealing magic to keep himself and his men safe this deep into enemy territory.

This time though, they do not use invisibility, but taken uniforms of enemies both dead and imprisoned. This would be useless, their skins obviously the wrong color, but that is where the mages come in, and how his people will be freed. To any who look, his men are Valora, and have been treated as such. It is a welcome thing, food and on occasion lodging having been provided the last days.

Darkhal smiles. It is time. The orders are relayed and his force is on the move, reaching the Darkenwood quickly, without challenge. He rides up to the commander of the guards around the entrance to inform him he is relieved of duty. He and his men have sixteen days of leave, at which time they will recieve furrther orders.

The elf does not question it, very relieved by the fact he can see his wife and child again, something he has not been able to do in over three seasons. Inside, Darkhal smiles. His enemy has believed him. There will be no need for bloodshed here, something he has seen a lifetime's worth of in the last five years. Darkhal even goes so far as to offer assistance, his men helping to take down the personal possessions and soldierly implements of those he is "replacing".

Within hours the Valora have gone, and the Krenshorn are in control of the area. Several stay outside, standing guard, the others seeking out their kin quietly, fanning out, passing the word. Today they are being moved. They are going home. But they have to be quiet, tell no one but others of their kind.

That's when Darkhal comes across Elixas. He does not know that she if the princess however. He sees her as she wishes to be seen, a Marabie. So of course he is confused. Why would a Mara bie, a female in particular, be here, alone, with a wagonload of foodstuffs? Who would have authorized it. And...Werent Marabie females kept in the house, unallowed out alone?

Thus it is with slight confusion he approaches her, his people moving back, not sure what to expect of this person, obviously a leader and new, aproaching. Then the others come up, spreading the wword in hushed voices. They start to fade into the wood from the clearing, in twos and threes, til Elixas and Darkhal are alone. Then he speaks to her.

"Excuse me ma'am, but what are you doing here? I was informed none but the Krenshorn were here. And your people are neutral in this war. Is your husband, father, or other escort about?"
 
Blazing Heat 33, 310

His long nails ran over the woman's cheek, staying to rest on the wound he'd given her. He flicked at the skin, watched her eyes fill with fresh tears and leaned close to her. His breath covered her face his tongue slipped out and he ran it over her closed lips. His fingers then moved down to her sex, he twisted the hard nub, the nub that held the brand he'd burnt onto her tender clit so many months ago. “You have served me well, but you failed. She goes now to Darkenwood. You were told to stop her.”

“I am sorry Master. I tried to talk her out of it. But she wouldn't listen,” Caron looked into the man's eyes. She never knew his real name, he'd told her she was to call him Master and nothing else.

“I have shown you what I do with those that fail me. You Caron have failed me.”

Caron never felt the touch of her lover's hand again; the knife Tortuga used to rip through her throat lay beside her head. He moved off of her naked body. He'd used her well, cut and drank from her. His mouth still tasted of the metallic heaven that was her life. "Dress her with the drappings of her people and deliver her to Valora lands. Let the Valora see how close the Krenshorn are to taking their King. Close enough to take one of their pretty Princess' friend and advisor.”

He watched his minions lift the lifeless shell and he turned from them. His eyes closed and he called forth the raven that served his family for years. It flew to him, entered the window and became the wizard that carried out his needs. “You summon me my Lord.”

“What happens?” he asked him. His eyes went out over his land, lands that were black and dieing.

“They meet,” the sorceror said.

Tortuga spun around, “They meet! The Kings meet!”

“No... their offspring.”

“Interesting,” Tortuga said. “We will follow this... we can use this. I will have the Runes. They will be mine.” He looked to the bloody bed. “Find me another... I have several spies in each camp, but I want a fresh face and a fresh body. Find me a virgin from Krenshorn, I find myself growing hungry.”

The magician rose up and transformed back into the black raven, his wings carried him to Krenshorn land and he looked for one of rare beauty and color. With eyes that were as black as night he spotted a woman alone in a garden, and he grinned wickedly. “So foolish my child to be alone,” he thought to himself. He traced her lineage in his mind, and dropped down. The wizard kept himself cloaked from her sight until he was upon her. “Hello,” he growled, then sent a heat of swirling mist toward her. He caught her as she fell, closed his eyes and transported back to his Master's bedchamber. He laid her on the bed now clean of blood. “A cousin to the Prince, my Lord.”

Tortuga smiled, his long teeth sharpened to a point showing happily as he looked at the sleeping beauty. “One so fair and so important. You are a great Wizard my friend.” It would be months before her body was returned to Krenshorn, with the branding mark on her clit that showed the Valora Clan's crest.
 
Last edited:
Blazing Heat 33, 310

Elixas quietly traveled into the Darkenwood emcampment she'd slipped in quietly under her disguise. Her eyes looked around her. She'd left behind her amulet its powers to great to not be felt by others. Here she now stood facing one of her own people and she was feeling at ease that he had not recognized his Princess.

Her green eyes looked intently into his blue. She took in the tan coloring of the Valora skin, as well as the markings on his arms that showed his kills, just as hers would if she'd chosen not to be cloaked in the Marabies colors. The robes hung low on her arms, the hood covered her long red tendrals. Elixas hadn't recieved the markings of a queen that would encircle her face, her father still ruled and thus only the star of her status appeared on her abdomen. Her eyes traveled slowly over the man, noting his strength as well as his stance.

His words brought her attention back to him and she blinked rapidly. “My people are scattered about watching over me.” Elixas lowered her eyes, though they were Valora they were also men, and she was a woman alone, she could not let them know of her sole presence.

“We bring food and water to the ones that are housed here. My father would not permit me to leave the camp, but my,” she bit her lip. “My friends and I could not continue knowing whether they needed these provisions or not. The woods are dieing here, the animals becoming less frequent, so they watch over me, while I bring this cart. Do you let me pass or do you chose to let the people suffere? We are a neutral people Sir, but we are not cruel nor are the Valora... or do you stand here and prove me wrong?”

Elixas watched him silently. She hadn't answered his questions concerning her father or her lack of a husband. The Marabies were silent people, easily hidden in the shadows of the trees and rarely were they seen, she'd hoped that her provisions would be enough to get her past the guards. Her eyes took in her surroundings and slowly the prisoners of Darkenwood began to emerge as did the other Valora soldiers. Soldiers that she did not recognize, it confused her some, but she realized that it had been five years since she'd trained with the newest of men, and the less seasoned warriors would be here protecting the Krenshorn prison.

“There is enough here to last for several days,” she glanced back to the man, she assumed was their leader. “I will return in a few days with more. Let me pass and I'll empty the cart.” Her eyes locked with his, royal defiance flashed in her eyes and her fingers curled at her side. She thought that perhaps she would stay here for a few days and see exactly how her people treated the Darkenwood off casts.
 
Blazing heat, 33, 310

"Some of us aren't. I've yet to hear of things about your people as far as cruelty goes. But nay I shall not stop you. Particularly if as you say the creatures are wasting away. But after you and your kin need to leave, and very soon. Tomorrow at the latest. This area is not safe and is a restricted area to boot." Or at least he hopes it is.

Darkhal curses silently. He and his people will not have quite as much time as he planned. He wanted to be long gone, back to the front lines and beyond when the next elf stepped foot in the wood. It looks as that may be delayed a it. Though...They do need to get provisions. And see to any wounded or sick among those housed in the Darkenwood. So long as the Marabies are contained and controlled, all will be well.

A lieutenant is motioned for and spoken with in very hushed toned. Orders are once again given, letting them know of the slight hitch and what is to be done about it. Then he turns back.

"To assure your safety I will accompany you til you leave this zone. It would not be polite otherwise."
 
Blazing Heat 33, 310

Elixas sneered her dislike immediately. She had no need of an escort, “Do as you wish... just stay out of my way.” She walked past him, the cart easily pulled behind her by the matched pair of elegant unicorns. The stallions had been gifts from her father years ago, a set of twins that were born to their mother on a difficult stormy night. She loved the two creatures and knew they would be a rarity to see, but she also wanted the extra power in their horns to heel any she came across.

Making her way to the center of the encampment she focused on handing out the provision and then unharnessed her prized pets. Their hazel coats glistened in the light that illuminated softly from their powerful horns. Her face stayed away from their light, so she would not be easily recognized if he came across her during battle or so she hoped. With a look to the stranger she passed him the strap that was bridled to one of her lovelies. “I assume you know their powers and how to command them. Nevertheless these are trained only by me, so if you have difficulties, call me and I'll help you.“

Running her slim fingers down the nose of the beast she turned to walk away calling back to him, “There are plenty here guarding your prisioners. Take care of the ill now... I am quite able to take care of myself.“ She needed him gone from her, she didn't like how her eyes continued to move toward his figure, or how she kept allowing thoughts of him to drift into her mind. She closed off her emotions; if he chose to follow then that was his decision. She had more important matters to take care of.

Night was thickening and she knew she would be resting here if she wasn't able to heal any that were sick or malnurished. Her pets would need to rest as well, if the weak were to far gone for simple healing. The sounds of the night filled the air. What few creatures that were left in the forest were barely heard scratching around, so it was a great startle to Elixas when she heard the caw of a raven over head. She looked up and saw the shadow of it cross over the moon. She shivered slightly, rubbed her hands over her arms and began to heal the people of Krenshorn.
 
He is a bit surprised at sight of the unicorns. They are very rare and very expensive. What a Marabie woman is doing controlling not one but two he does not know. That is kind of odd for the Marabie. As is the fact none are right here. And his men have reported no sightings.

But he does not care. His eyes follow her as she moves about healing. He wants to make sure. It will help immensely. Especially with the healing powers inherent in all unicorns. It will save many, allowing them to make the journey that will surely be hard and ease the strain on his mages, few of which have much healing talent. He calls to a nearby soldier "Bring the wounded and sick. Our plans are delayed. She is a healer it appears and will help those who need it."

He turns back. "I shall assist you. As with all officers I have some talent. While it usually doesnt lie with healing I can do some."

He can not see much of her face but her form is clearly outlined in the light that filters through the trees. And it's one he likes. He finds his gaze continuing to travel to her form, over it, even as he continues to work. That voice, that form and fluid grace. It seems so familiar, yet not. He can not place it but it seems he should. He should know and it will bother him til he figures it out. He tries to brush it from his mind though, concentrate on healing the people who come before him.

He does ask though "How did you and your kin come to be here exactly? It's rare for the Valora to let strangers in. And rarer that any Marabie would help either side. You are in much too vulnerable a position in this war. And I've not heard about any others coming, or to the Valor's aid in Krenshorn lands. Though it is said that when one of the prince's is near he insists on giving assistance."
 
Blazing Heat 33, 310

Elixas could feel his eyes on her, every movement he seemed to follow her. “You're an obstacle,” she muttered, chosing the word intentioally. She stopped short, causing him to bump into her. “I don't need you or your help, now just go...” she hissed, already she was worried he'd seen to much of her, she prayed not, but she couldn't be sure.

“I told you... my friends are here, watching over me. We came because we wanted to help in our own way. We support neither group, but we don't want anymore needless deaths.“ She knew he wasn't going to listen and continue to hound her. As they walked and she healed with the help of her pets, she answered his questions as best she could.

“You saw how I came, or are you blind as well as nosey? I came on the unicorns, as well as the treetops,“ she added also. ”If you knew the Marabies... we will aid for a good cause... this is a good cause, this is saving lives. What the Valora and Krenshorn fight for is power, one wants what the other has.“

“The Krenshorn guarded the Celestial Jewels for years. The Valora worked with them, guarding the outer perimeter of the runes where the jewels laid nestled safely in the anciet stones and masonry buildings. The the Krenshorn got greedy, wanting more land, power and prestige so they wiped out the Valora and claimed everything. It was to late for my.. the Marabies to get involved and work with the group to settle the differences. Before we knew it the Krenshorn were attacking the Valora and the battles began.“

She turned away. “So many lost lives, for some powerful bauble that would do us all better if it didn't exist at all.“ A tear fell from her eye as she remembered the scream that ripped from her mother's throat as she was sliced down in battle. “Useless war,” she muttered, moving toward a group of children, where she sat down and began to heal them as well, no longer caring if the man followed her or not. Elixas didn't notice her hood had been pulled by the nuzzling of the unicorn's lips.

The moon light filtered through the trees, casting a glow over her red hair, hair that glistened softly in its light. “You have pretty hair,” the little girl on her right said.

Elixas covered it quickly, then smile. “So do you,” she winked, and continued to heal.
 
"Are you nutty woman? They did no such thing! Some of the Valora battalions moved against the Krenshorn in the Vally of Runes after a thousands of years and more of peace. They were beaten back....And justly so. Then w-they heard of an attack planned on them by the Valora. From what the Krenshorn say it was never about power. Except the power to protect themselves. Or at least the ones I've known.

There have been tragedies on both sides of this war. Both have done evil things in this war...It is as if a plague spreads through there minds. Even the slightest weakness in character is used, is exploited. I know my people have done them, but some of us -do- try to end it. Keep it war. I know what I fight for. My people's safety. The right to leave in peace til the end of my days. War is brutal and bloody. not like you hear about how things were glorious and great in the ancient tales.

Each life taken means another family is without a provider, a husband or wife, a son or a daughter. Neither people are evil. All want to grow, to better themselves in this world. This time...It led to a clash. Had we not planned to attack...Had the first battle not been so brutal...Things could have been worked out another way."

"But it did not. The Valora planned an attack out of nowhere, with no cause. The Krenshorn defended themselves. And if that sounds off coming from a Valoran commander.....I never wanted this war, never agreed with the reasoning behind it. It has always felt very very wrong."

He follows, continuing the conversation while lending what healing power he can to her efforts. On one particularly bad case she calls him over to give a hand, not wanting to invoke the power of the unicorns yet if at all possible. As he draws in close his nostrils catch her scent. Lilacs. It brings back images of the Valoran princess whom he has danced with on occasion over the years. She was always radiant, beautiful. He actually missed her. The last they saw each other there had been talk of a union, of a merging of the lands.

They had shared but a single kiss and no more. They had not intended more either. They were content to talk and kiss the night away under the stars. That was six years ago, before he had learned of the traitorous attack planned by the Valora. He had seen only one of her family since, when he learned of her slain mother at the trap he laid. He made sure she was dressed in full garb and sent to the Valora, fully cleansed and dressed, carried by four of his best under a flag of truce. He owed the Valora royalty at least that much he felt. And Riana had been kind to him, almost like a second mother. So he gave all he could, sending his deepest condolences and regrets about the war to them.

As he thinks about it the woman's hood falls back, exposing her face."Lixa....I mean.....Princess." He bows, quickly scrambling to his wits, cursing the luck even as he is pleased by the fact she is helping his people. Now the question is what the hell to do about the fact.
 
Last edited:
Blazing Heat 33, 310


Elixas heard him rant and rave noticing that most of his words were spoken on the side of the Krenshorn and not the side of his people. This did not set well with her, but she dismissed it. Did she not also have her own opinions toward the war, its actions, and its cause. It had claimed many, the life of her friends, and family. Her mother's eyes still called out to her at night, a voice screamed in her ears, and blood flowed thickly to the ground before her dreams released her. She'd closed him off, not caring what he did, until he stumbled over her name, dropped to his knees and bowed. The others were soon staring at her, then him, soon all the Valora soldiers were falling to their knees in respect. Elixas hissed at him, “Get up you fool.” Her anger flashed in her green eyes. She knew not this soldier nor did she want the adoration of him or his people.

“Speak of this to no one,” she told him, as he did as he was commanded and rose to his feet. “I'm here giving food and healing, that is all. If you breath a word of this to anyone, I'll make sure it is your last. Do we have an understanding?“ She whispered low, making sure he and he alone heard her. “I'll not embarrass you infront of your men, but I will destroy you if you force my hand.“

She pushed past him noting that her creatures needed their rest. “I will sleep in the forest with my pets. Bother me and die,“ she told him. Her anger at being discovered did nothing to diminish her features, if anything they enhanced them. She moved past several men, still bowed before her. Elixas stopped and turned to the man in charge, a man that was becoming more of a thorn in her side then she needed. “Tell them to rise and tell them now!” she demanded. Her fingers gripped the leads of the unicorns tightly. “They will give me their loyalty that my presence here is never spoken of again... is that clear?“ Elixas' brow arched and she breathed deep trying to calm herself. She'd yet to ask the insolent fool's name, but now she would have to, now she'd have to know where his men were in battle so she could always be sure not to cross paths with him again.

“Order their silence, as I have ordered yours... Sir... ?“ she waited for him to answer her. Her eyes remained locked on his desperately trying not to roam over his stance or gauge his strength. She closed off the thoughts that were pulling inside her, it had been to long since she'd harbored those thoughts, and now with death a constant reminder she wished only to rid herself of them, and this man was doing his best and increasing the disturbing images that ran across her mind. “Damn men,” she muttered to herself as she felt the cool night air caress her skin.
 
Last edited:
One thing that Darkhal has always been notorious for is his temper and his refusal to back down. He hates being threatened, and meets every challenge he sees. He chuckles at her words even as he bristles.

"Tis not adoration you have from me and mine. Tis simple respect for royalty and something ingrained. You bow to those higher up the food chain. My men carry my actions just a bit further. As to your threats...."

His tone takes a darker kind of turn, showing steel under the velvet gloves he has used so far with her, his entire body language one of affront, of challenge, standing up to her icy gaze. He appears not at all afraid.

"Why would you threaten me with destruction before even hearing my responce. Why, when we are supposed to be so noble, would our princess verbally attack me? Why would she threaten to end my existence for her choosing to help people she imprisoned and can no longer fight against her?"

"And honestly right now you could do nothing right now, if you ever could. Aye. You could send assassins. You could send armed troops. You could send armies against me and mine. But...It has been done before. All who have faced my wrath have done so at cost. And lost. So be careful whom you say you will destroy. Some take it personally. Some make preemptives strikes when they find a friend is actually an enemy. Some show little mercy til they know their hide is safe."

He watches emotion flicker across her eyes, watches her body language and listens carefully to her words. He's gauging what she can do, what she will do and in general getting a good look at her. In the middle of their talks thoughts wander through his head of more than they had done, only kissing. He wants to feel her pressed to him and lie her down right here, touch and taste the nipples pointed at him, hardened from the night breeze's chill.

"So long as you understand that we might be able to see to forgetting you were here. But we obviously will keep a close eye on you. And I really must insist you leave soon. Particularly if you wish it not to go on reports. A messenger comes in a day. On top of it you would be missed. Before you argue its non negotiable, -especially- since youre a princess out here alone."
 
Changing Winds 23, 313

Elixas sat upon her mount and touched his neck, her eyes took in the villagers. A temporary truce had been called, one that both sides had agreed on so that the fields could be harvested. As she looked out at the group of children quietly playing, as if there weren't guards watching there every move, she wished that the truce was not temporary but permanent. But she knew it wasn't. Each side had fought hard, lost several, and gained very little.

She thought of the past eight years and how her life had changed. Her people now scattered from Valora's lands to Krenshorn. Some prisoners of their enemy... some traitors. Her thoughts brought back the look of her mother, the warm eyes, the beautiful smile... each disappearing quickly when she recalled the scream of her loved one's death. She listened to the women of the village and recalled the songs she had heard the night she visited Darkenwood, songs that were song to children in the night. She had tried to sleep that night, but couldn't. Her thoughts had been on the man... the same man that filled her dreams most nights. Even now she could see his face in her mind and she wondered if she'd ever cross his path again.

He'd never told her his name and she never pressed the issue. She had left that morning. He'd rallied at her that night, forced her to listen to him and question her own thoughts and actions. Elixas had listened and even now his words, his voice, and his very essence played on her mind daily. The wind picked up her red hair and tossed it about, she pushed it back and noticed the number of kills on her arm growing. She sighed heavily, thankful that the man from the woods had not been the enemy. She never saw him again when her steps carried her away from the people. It was later that she learned that the soldiers were not Valora, but in fact Krenshorn and the Darkenwoods now stood empty of life, the Krenshorn having taken their people home. Though he'd tricked her she still thought of him and still found herself curious to know more about him.

As the truce became a reality she hoped it would be a stepping stone to peace, but that was short lived when word had reached her, telling her that the Krenshorn were readying themselves for the day the truce ended, so they could overtake any one foolish enough to be close to their lands. “Elixa,” a voice called out to her, she turned and looked behind her. Smiling wide she saw her father and rode toward him.

“Good day,” she told him, leaning over and kissing his cheek.

He winked and grinned back. “Good day to you.”

“I see the work is almost done. Will we still have the party?“ She asked. The Harvest Party had been denied them over the past 8 years, as well as a good harvesting. For once she was thankful for the wise leaders of both clans and how they each knew that for a moment they had to renew their resources as well as their people.

“Aye. We've not heard word of double crossing except that which may or may not take place at the end of the truce. We will of course double the guards,“ Mashiko said. He touched her cheek, ”You're quite the beauty. A picture of your mother.“

Elixas smiled and together they left the village and headed toward the castle. “I miss her.”

“As do I.”

That evening the party began and for a moment Elixas was the Princess she was supposed to be. Music was played, drinks passed, and food enjoyed. Several people danced with Elixas, her laughter touched many, and she enjoyed the attentions of several. As she danced, laughed, and smiled, she searched for the soldier from the forest in every face, though she knew he wouldn't be there, he would be an enemy and she would honor her people and have him taken prisoner. "Damn war..." she hissed.

"Ma'am?" her dancing partner asked her.

"Nothing... I'm sorry," she told the gentleman that was old enough to be her father. "Nothing at all Shaham." She smiled and continued to enjoy the evening as best she could when her thoughts were on the enemy.
 
Changing winds, 23, 313

Darkhal rides up, the banner of truce held aloft. He is alone but for two guards, his forces a day's ride away. He is let in warily, bows trained both on him and outwards against any treachery by other side. He is in full war dress, but his helm has been removed, his blades sheathed at his sides, ties holding them in their scabbards. His bow lies across his back not all that easily gettable and it covers his quiver so he is not ready to fight anyone really. But if need be he can be protected by himself at a second or twos notice, something the enchanted armor shall allow. It ends up not being needed. But still it is better to be safe than sorry.

He makes it to his chambers and disrobes quickly. One thing sticks in his mind. Elixas. He has wanted to see her again so many times...But could not. For one his father and Mother died the next day. They had been out and about the city spreading cheer and morale before being lured into a trap. Only one of the guards survived the attack. And that only long enough to tell the tale.

The traitorous assassins were caught, luckily for them it was Darkhal who got them first. They were summarily executed with no torture involved as tey had been with his. His parents had an easy, quick death, relatively painless. The scent and sight of their funeral pyres still haunted him as did Elixas' eyes in his dreams.

Dar moves slowly downstairs once dressed, dressed in the garb of one of his rank, a Crown Prince. The fabric is rich, colored in the black and blue of his clan. A hush falls as the entire assembly stops, staring at the most feared leader on the Krenshorn side. But also the most honorable.Both emotions are well deserved and he knows it. He looks the part as well.

He wanders about making small talk with those he knows. Eventually the gossip slows and people stop staring. He walks to his Princess after her dance with the old man, sweeping her into his arms for the next dance..

"Its been a long time Lixa. What's it been now? three years since we last met? Maybe four?
 
Changing Winds 23, 313

Elixas knew who'd entered the room, who had caused the commotion and who would be dancing with her in a few moments. So when he pulled her into his arms the only thing that did surprise her was the jolt of heat that ran through her body, then his words hit her. She stumbled, but he quickly recovered her, never once allowing anyone to see her faulter. She was now held more securely by him. Her hair piled high on her head, yet still hung low enough to cascade down her back and caress the curve of her hips. His fingers seemed to burn into her, the thin guaze that served as her dress did little to hide his touch, though the deep black material concealed her most intimate parts, parts that were becoming as heated as the skin he now held in his hands.

She thought for a moment and was about to correct him, when she caught it. The scent in the air, the voice, the stirring of emotions, the pull that she'd felt only two other times in her life. Once with Dar, the man that held her in his arms and the second with the warrior from Darkenwood. She clenched her jaw and hissed silently, “I should have known you'd use magic to conceal yourself... but to hide yourself from me after you knew me was wrong.“ Her eyes flashed angrily, but she lowered them and continued their dance. Her pulse raging with each step they took.

People talked and watched. Some spoke quietly of a joining that was spoken of so many years ago and how wonderful it would be if they would join and end the war. Others spoke of betrayal and the Prince was not to be trusted with their Lady and still others only gazed, wishing they were either the Prince or the Princess, for those individuals could feel the spark that was slowly building between them. They had been friends once, almost lovers, and now under a flag of truce they were wary enemies, each waiting for the other to double cross them.

As the dance ended Elixas felt him guide her away from the party and into the garden. His guards followed, as did hers though soon had ordered them to move further away and to only respond if called. She looked at him, music once more filled the air and he was again pulling her into his arms. “I am sorry about you parents. I don't know if you'll believe that or not... but I am. It wasn't Valora, though that to I doubt you'll believe.“ Her fingers moved to his neck the other rested on his shoulder. “Why are you here... besides making a show for your people and this useless truce.“

She stopped dancing and looked into his eyes, leaning back slightly in his arms. “It is useless... especially since we will all don battle gear by the time the first flutter of the cold begins to fall.“ Her eyes traveled over his features and she sighed, “I do miss you though... I miss many things.” The night air stirred around them, scents of lilies and lilacs filled the air as did a sprinkling of violets. The gardens no longer showed the beauty of those particular flowers, but the heated bowls of pottery held the melted wax that had been stirred with the oils of Elixas's favorite scents.

“We are at peace this night Dar... so forget I asked your reasons and just dance with me,“ she pressed herself against him, no longer wanting to be the warrior or the Princess... just wanting to be his Lexi once more.
 
"Mmmm. I was not sure what you would do. I needed you as clueless as possible. And I accidently let clues slip free enough I'm surprised you'd not realize it was me. And of course we used magic. How else would I get the real guards away without slaughter? You know that is not my way. Harm only when I need to. Why I hate this bloody war."

He twirls and dances with her to the sound of the music, letting himself be carried by it for several moments. Then her query pierces through his fog and he answers without thinking.

"You. And I do trust your word. But no one else will. I had to come...to see you and apologize for the deception. As well as to just hold you again and apologize for your mother's death. That...was us. Me....Not exactly. But I set a trap. By my order did she fall that day. I did what I could but...Fond out who it was too late to help her."

He falls silent, her head on his shoulder, his resting atop hers as they dance. He holds her close, arms wrapped tightly around her body almost like he is trying to absorb her very essence into him. Which he kind of is.

He misses her. He misses her horribly, many thoughts of her running through him over the last years. No one at court really believed what he had told them. No one believed their enemy would heal and feed the wounded. They assumed the night tricked him, tricked all of them. But he knew. And that is why he had to come. That is why he had to see her, to hold her again.
 
Changing Winds 23, 313

She closed her eyes as his words of her mother's death washed over her. She hadn't known he'd laid the trap, but she knew now and though she was hurting, remembering the blood, she also had matured. “It is war... and if we could find peace between our people we could end it, couldn't we?“ Elixas looked up into his eyes and held his gaze. “Couldn't we?”

The only words she spoke floated on the air and reached the ears of the black bird that watched on the edge of a branch. Elixas heart beat wildly in her chest and she could feel herself moving closer, her fingers moved against his skin. “If we ended the war here and now... all would be well. We could repair our clans, merge our people and...“ she never finished speaking as her mouth closed the space between them and her lips touched his.

She leaned in, melting as the wind whipped over them. Her pulse beat fast, her veins boiled, and her senses seared her very soul. She left his lips, her lips trembling from the passion she felt once more. “I'm sorry,” she whispered, embarrassed by her actions. Her fingers toyed with his hair and her body seemed to hum in excitement. She licked her lips and felt the taste of him on her skin. It was with little to no hesitation that she was lifting herself to her feet and kissing him once more.

The bird watched as the Princess eased her body closer to the man that held her. The sky sparkled, the shining stars glistened down and the music swirled, but Elixas was lost in the kiss of the man that filled her mind, heart, and dreams.
 
"If we could find a way...But I am not on the throne. And neither are you...We can try to end it but in the end must do as we are told..."

His lips meet hers with a soft growl, touching and tasting her lips gently, his hands moving up to cup her head at the contact, the first in almost ten years. He is lightheaded, the blood rushing to his brain and to other places as well. He can't help it. This is what he has desired so long.

Then she pulls away. He is left wanting, feeling empty and uncomplete now that they are not as closely connected. But her mouth returns, pressing closer still. The kiss is even better than he had dreamed. It acts like the powder some have tried, have made that one snrts. Or how he is told it makes users feel. He is intensely alive. The wind plays over the skin that is bared, soothing over heated flesh, but not dampening the raging inferno inside.

His lips move after a moment, his forehead rested against hers as he take a much needed breath.

"Gods....It was not a hallucination...I did not imagine how good you feel against me that night so long ago. I am glad...And want more...."

He leaves it open ended, his emotions splayed across his face and voicer for her to see, for her to chose an action, make a decision as to what she will do. His hands are still tightly wrapped about her, his eyes staring into hers intently, but lovingly, filled with a need for something he's never tried before, that he could not really explain. He only knows he needs her to fulfill the want.
 
Changing Winds 23, 313

Her lips curl in a smile and she feels herself melt into him. Her head rests on his shoulder and her fingers on his waist. “It could happen... if we wanted it,” she looked up her eyes speaking the same words, the same desires and as she brings her lips to his to close the distance a shout rings out and she pulls away from him, confusion in her eyes.

She looks at Gaven, her father's most trusted advisor since her Mother's death. “What?” Her eyes are filled with a mixture of confusion as well as embarrassment at being caught in the arms of the enemy. Soon however she sees the look of both sorrow and hostility cross Gaven's face. “What is it?” she leaves Dar's arms and hurries toward him.

“Your father,” his voice shaking with emotion. Elixas doesn't understand until she thinks for a moment and she stills, her breath hitching in her throat.

“How?” she asked him. Her voice is low, but still audible, as it carries on the wind. Already she sees her gaurds approaching their bows drawn, soon Dar's join in the foray and the strings are drawn back everyone poised and waiting for the command.

“Poison.”

Closing her eyes she turns and looks at him, the green sparkling with anger. “You came here under a flag of truce... I was with you the whole time wasn't I?“ Then she thought a moment, he'd mingled with others before finding her. Who had he spoke with? Who had he ordered to kill her father? “I want you gone. You will not set foot here again. If you do you will die where you stand... we are finished.“ She stood there, her fist clenched, Gaven wanting to voice his protest, but she stilled his words.

“I will not violate this truce. It stands until the hour the harvest time is over and the first fall of the cold descends on us. I will maintain my honor,“ she hissed to both her father's advisor as well as the man she had been wanting so desperately to teach her why her body hungered for his. As she watched him she felt her heart break into a thousand crystals, a stray tear fell, and she wiped it away. She failed to notice the gleaming red eyes of the crow that rested preening itself on the branch high above Dar's head.
 
Changing winds 23, 313

Dar looks up, surprised and just a little bit irritated. Then he hears the words, and she leaves his side to go to Gaven. In their brief conversation his aide talks to him in hushed tones, explaining how the poison did its work. Or appeared to anyways. And it was tainted by magic. A banned form of magic that only and old cult used. Dar shakes with fury though he quickly suppresses it.

Her words hit him like a hail storm, like the screams of the wounded and the sight of his parents lying dead at his feet. He, in essence, looks hurt. As such his words spit out coated in poison, laced heavily with anger.

"I'm told that the poison is of Krenshorn making. It is heavily enchanted with a brand of magic i barely know the sight of. It is a brand that has been long banished. It was last known to be used by a man known as Tortuga. He was part of a cult called Baeltor's Own. He was the leader of the particular cult. He was said to be Baeltor's physical presence on Shinda. We got rid of the cult and tried to get rid of Tortuga. We could not entirely though I think. His body was destroyed. But his spirit is tethered here by some dark sorcery. So if I find the perpetrator they shall be dealt with."

"The fact you believe it was I, even had we been not truced is unaceptable though. It is painful as well. That I will admit. The fact that you believe me capable of such treachery. Perhaps my siblings would. But not I. And even they would not use such spells to leave such a residue. However, as you wish it. I hope we never meet again. For it appears one of us will die. The Krenshorn and Valora have lost all trust in each other. I had hoped the words I heard about a cousin of mine returned dead, with your mark upon her in a most intimate place were wrong. Perhaps I was for so hoping. Good eve to you. I feel for your loss of your father."

Dar storms out, gets his stuff together and rides off into the night, not to be seen by a Valora again for five years except on the battlefield, an imposing figure of onyx and ice, death to all in front of him. He is becoming the perfect soldier, merciless and efficient. Never cruel though, always bound by honor. Over the years even through his own people, let alone the others his reputation grows as do the tales of him and of his growing coldness. No more the easy to talk to Prince, no more happiness. The war is taking it's toll. And it is said among those closest to him...His dreams are haunted by a red haired beauty. He loses none of the skill, only the emotion governing it.
 
Chilling Frost 75, 318

The sound of laughter filled the walls of the small room, buried deep beneath the ground. The small child no longer moved, her body as lifeless as was her brother's. Tortuga looked at the battered forms and smirked, “See, if you're companions had listened they'd be alive... you had best listen, or you will meet their fate.“

Tortuga's eyes flashed at the remaining children, a mixture of Valora and Krenshorn, all huddling together trying to stay warm. Everything was working, the plans were forming, the hatred between the two clans growing, and his goals were being reached. Soon the darkness would consume all the land just as it had Darkenwood and Kellgale. He opened the door to the small chamber and left his guards to deal with the broken bodies of the wee ones.

He moved to his study where several of his men waited along with his most trusted advisor. Without a word he moved to sit behind the large desk, he rubbed the smooth stone, his eyes resting on the bone white edging that had been added just recently. His eyes flashed with humor as he recalled the scream of the male unicorn as its mate was slowly slaughtered while still trying to fight for freedom. The twin horns now lay in a glass box that rested on a pedestal in his bedchamber, while the bone from the beasts legs were carved into swirls that decorated his desk.

“Sire, we have word that Elixas will be relatively unguarded at the end of the moons' change,“ Keplar said. He looked to the magician and waited for him to agree with his findings. Keplar knew it wasn't necessary for him to report his spies activities, but he also knew he needed to be near Tortuga, never quite trusting the magician to relay details as he was supposed to. Keplar watched his Leader's fingers become a steeple and he wondered what the man was thinking.

The magician rose, “She seeks a rare herb for the foal of the unicorns you took from her. It is ill, not having its mother's milk has forced her to try other means to save its life. Gaven has told us that she has been advised not to go into Krenshorn land, but she will do anything to save the animal... he awaits your instructions.“

Tortuga stared at the magician, “She is a foolish one isn't she?”

“She knows the power of the Unicorn my Lord... she knows that they could be the key to winning the War of her people,“ the magician cocked his brow. ”If you do not grasp this foal... or take Elixas then you're plans will become more difficult.“

“I'll take the girl... she's played warrior long enough. With her gone, the Valora's will crumble under the Krenshorn thumb and then I will deal with them as I see fit.“ He pushed away from his desk and strode toward the window. His eyes took in the position of the moons and he smirked. “Tell Gaven to lead her toward Keplar... though it is mostly dead, some life still beats from deep inside its blackened woods. I'll take her there... then show her the wonders of my chambers below.“ When he turned back around he dismissed all but his magician. “Follow her, track her movements, and when she is close, summon me. I'll use the power of one of the horns to bring me to her. If this fails... then we go after Krenshorn's royal family... the foolish Prince can not protect them all.“

The magician bowed and left. He knew his Master was becoming more powerful with each death that the clans were able to unleash. He grew in power as well, so it was with great glee that he became the raven and lifted into the air to seek out Gaven.

Keplar left the study, just as his Leader had commanded. His heart heavy as thoughts of all the pain and strife that was surrounding his World assailed him. He served Tortuga in the beginning, agreeing that the two clans could not be trusted to guard the ruins because it seemed one was hungry for power. Tortuga had told several of them that the power was for everyone, it was what kept the world balanced, but now after all the death and destruction, he knew that his Leader was evil.

He moved past the guards and out into the courtyard. His eyes caught sight of the two limp bodies being pushed into a cart and he stilled. Rage filled him, he'd heard children were being taken from both groups. Some were turned to slaves, some if they were old enough used for the men's pleasure, and some were just tortured then sent back to their villages lifeless. Keplar would die this night, he knew this but no longer would he keep silent.

He moved swiftly back to the keep, down the dungeon stairs, and relieved the guard on duty. He then gathered the young children, unable to help the ones that were above ground, or the ones that were dying. He sent a prayer to the heaven's and was soon making his way out of the keep, using the secret passages that he had been shown when he became Captain of the Guard.

Krenshorn land was the closer of the two and he hurried toward it. The children long taught to be quiet by Tortuga made little sound as they followed the man that had told them he was taking them home. He reached Krenshorn land and found the eldest of the group. “Go find someone to care for you,” he said. He watched them leave, a scurrying group of rag tag children, as he turned to head back to his own home he saw the red eyes of the magician, and felt the talons tear through his throat.

The magician thought of taking the children back, but his most important mission was to seek out Gaven and begin the plot to take the Princess, so the little ones were left to find their way home, while the black raven merged with the night and sought out the hidden enemy.
 
Last edited:
Chilling Frost 90, 318

Elixas hands moved up and down on her long arms, the night was growing thick and she dreaded going to bed. Tomorrow they would begin the journey to Kellgale to search for Juniperweed, the herb the young unicorn foal needed for the growth of his horn. Her eyes closed before the tears of sorrow could fall from them. She didn’t want to remember the two pets she cherished, they were gone to her, in the hands of Dar now.

She moved away from the window not wanting to remember his words of another force battling them. Gaven heard his accusations that night and he told Elixas that the cult had existed and was disbanded, their leaders either banished or executed. She insisted on him scouring the countryside as well as lands that were farther then any she’d traveled, and after he’d returned to her several months later it was to tell her that there was no news of Tortuga or the cult itself.

The lies of Krenshorn still continued, children became objects to the Krenshorn, the Valoras now scared to leave the wee ones for long. Several small ones lived inside the keep, protected with more guards then Elixas ever used. She hadn't thought Krenshorn's capable of hurting wee ones, but when the bodies began to show up, battered, bloodied, and branded once more with the crest of Krenshorn she had felt the glimmer of hope disappear inside her.

She moved about the room readying herself for a much needed nights sleep. The battles were still raging over the lands, very rarely coming close to the keep. Skirmishes were arising here and there, some easily dealt with, the deaths few, others were more bloody. Dar’s name was whispered everywhere, hers following close behind. She looked at herself in the mirror and saw the tattoos that now marked her face, ones proclaiming her status as Queen. Her fingers touched them and she wondered what his would feel like tracing their patterns.

The ivory handled brush moved through her hair and she saw the past five years flash before her eyes. She saw the battles, the ones described to her. Now as Queen she did not participate in many. She knew that until she had an heir she had to remain close to home, so instead she sent her finest warriors out to lead the war. They had victories as well as losses, but each time word reached her she learned more about Krenshorn’s Prince and how he was becoming harder to conquer. Her hand laid the brush down and she sighed; thinking of how quickly the war could have ended if she’d discovered the secrets of her pets power before Dar had taken them. Now the foal lay barely alive and her men sought not only its parents, but another female, one that they hoped would one day mate with the foal... if they kept him alive.

Moving to her bed, her fingers untied the strings of her robe, allowing them to open. She then slipped them open, the sides of her robe exposing the light gown she wore underneath. Her fingers moved over her sides, caressed the firm globes of her breasts through the sheer material and she trembled inside. Her eyes closed and she saw him as he was before the news of his betrayal reached her. She sighed and opened her eyes once more, wanting to erase him from her thoughts.

Elixas climbed under the covers and was soon sleeping. Dreams filled her and she felt her body responding to the dreams. He was with her, dancing, touching, massaging, whispering words of loving, tenderness and care into her ears as he kissed, bit, and nibbled her skin. Her body trembled both in her dreams as it did in her bed. Her fingers moved over his body, yet in reality they moved over hers. They touched every curve and caressed every sensitive space that welcomed his touch, the touch of a dream lover.

A sound startled her awake and she came out of her lovely fantasy and sat up. She shivered, rose from the bed and closed the window. She slipped her body back under the covers and tried to sleep again, this time she saw only his image and when sleep claimed her it was the screams of her mother, the tears of her father and then the hateful words of Dar that filled her mind.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top