Author-Organized Challenge List 2023 [UPDATED July 23rd]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurel

Kitty Mama
Joined
Aug 27, 1999
Posts
20,676
Below are challenges organized by authors for this year. If there is a challenge in progress that is not on this list, or if the information is incorrect, please message us with the correction. Previous year's challenges can be found here.

Some challenges are open to all writers. These challenges are marked [ OPEN ] .

Some challenges are not open to all writers. These challenges are marked [ INVITATIONAL ].

Past years' Author-Organized Challenges can be found here.

The challenge organizer decides whether a challenge is Open or Invitational based on the goals of the challenge and the subject matter. For some challenges, an open call makes sense. For others (for example, challenges where one author continues the work of another, or where each writer contributes a chapter so all stories can be read as one work), an Invitational challenge is a better fit. Please respect the wishes of the organizer regarding the parameters of the challenge.

If you have an idea for a challenge you are interested in organizing, feel free to contact us here. You will need to send us:
  • the event title
  • 1-3 paragraphs (more is okay too, whatever works) describing the event so that we can announce it on the story side
  • whether the event is open to all authors or by invite
  • the date the stories will be posted (please check the current challenge list to make sure your challenge doesn't conflict with others, if possible. A little overlap is fine and inevitable, of course.)
  • the date the stories should be submitted to Lit (if it's an open event - usually this is 5 days before the posting date)
  • if it's an open event, a thread (like this one) with an OP with info above where authors can sign up for and discuss the event
Once we have this info, we'll add this event to the list.

Before planning a challenge, please check the dates of the current challenges and try to be respectful of other challenges in progress. Scheduling a challenge at the same time as other story challenges may result in fewer entries to your challenge (as writers only have so much time), or may drain focus from other challenges.

Thank you to all who organize and participate, and to the readers who make this all possible!
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top