Do Single Dads ever get laid ???

Big Bair

Really Experienced
Joined
Mar 16, 2003
Posts
176
What with the lack of time or money for a social life, how do single dads get a little?

I know I'm not.
 
My buddy takes his 2-year old daughter (who is cute as hell) to the weekly outdoor festival downtown every week.

Kids are better than puppies for getting the attention of the fairer sex...
 
This may be out there but have you thought of taking your kids to something on a regular basis where someone may see you and get to know you?

If a certain lady only sees you with your kids and no other adult female they will soon realize there isnt one and may start up a conversation with each visit.

I think its sexy to see a man being a Dad without acting the part. Go to the ball games with the kids in jeans and a Tshirt, not slacks and sports coat. Go to the mall and grab pizza after an evening of shopping. Doing stuff the kids like to do instead of setting up things for them to do makes them happy therefore better behaved. This will give you happy times and more time to scope out who is out there watching you from afar!

Many times the best place to find a single woman is to take the kids shopping for clothes. Most store clerks are female, and have some experience with kids. You could always ask for sizes saying " Im pretty sure he is still a 14 but they way he has grown lately Im just not sure". That will get her undivided attention for a longer period of time.

The bar scene, and dance clubs Id say are not the best place to find a woman that will accept the fact that you have kids. These tend to be women that are out to get away from their kids or still havent decided if they want to grow up yet.

Chin up, she's out there!
Cealy
 
The getting laid part is up to you but for that to happen you need to be out and about and around women. You don't say how old your children are which is an important detail but you need to make yourself available.

There's a lot out there that's free...such as support groups, library functions, church groups, parks & recreation, school functions. Read the paper and look for free events that you can take your children to.

Make it a priority instead of just a frustration and iron out a plan for yourself.

Hope some of this helps.
 
Big Bair said:
What with the lack of time or money for a social life, how do single dads get a little?

I know I'm not.

Might I first suggest that you fill out your profile. Make a little info about yourself know to us women of lit. Good to know something about a man before you approach him. Location and age is always a good place to start.

Cealy has some good suggestions as to what to do locally.
 
Parents Without Partners has gotten glowing recomendations from a couple of my friends who have the kids on a regular basis. One eventually got married to someone he met there.

And even if that doesn't get you laid*, you will be connecting into a female network where ladies can introduce you to other ladies...

* I'm sure you know enough that you don't go there with the idea of picking someone up! But sometimes you meet someone and you may be able to spend time talking, meet again during the week, and then things take off. After all, you do have a few obvious things in common for conversation.

And when not stressed or exhausted, a mother's sexuality often comes racing to the foreground. Just get them relaxed and laughing and be a breath of fresh air in their live. Nature will take its course!
 
Well, you've left some important questions unanswered:

1. How many kidlets are you talking about?

2. What are the ages of said kidlets?

3. Do you have custody of said kidlets, or do you have visitation?

The man I'm dating has three - 22, 19, and 4. The two older ones are adults, so not much of a concern in the sex department. The 4 year old lives with his mother, and my S/O does not have the place to let him spend the night. (Nor would the kids mother be in favor of that) So, while he sees the 4 year old every weekend, it is in the afternoon on Saturdays so not much conflict - yet.

Personally, while I do find it a wonderful thing when men are involved with their kids, I would feel really, really, really uncomfortable about having sex in a home where there were young children just down the hall. I don't have kids, so I would be more concerned about whether they were truly asleep, if they could hear, and what they would be thinking of me and their dad.

So, what would I suggest? If the kid(s) are really young, if you do get a woman to have sex with, make certain you have a babysitter lined up to take the kids for the evening. At least at first. You are probably best off with a woman who also has kids, especially if yours are younger. While I am understanding and supportive of my S/O's relationship with all of his kids, it does take a lot of compromise to not make any plans whatsoever for Saturday afternoons. That time is sacred to him. Still, it does make things difficult sometimes. Perhaps if I had kids as well, it would be less so - I would be more understanding.

I would imagine there are lots of single moms out there who are also wondering how they can get a little, so I doubt the field is difficult to navigate.

Good luck!
 
Have you ever seen the movie "About a Boy?" I think you would enjoy it:)

There HAVE to be a ton of single moms at your kids' school. Why not become a regular at the PTA meetings?
 
I know this post is serious, but I find the suggestion of using the child as some sort of bait strangely amusing.

I keep getting this image of Homer Simpson casting a fishing pole into a crowd of women with Bart Simpson tied to the hook....

LOL! What can I say? Weird eh? :p
 
How do single dads get laid?

They find themselves a single mom who understands the 'kid' situation and knows how to be discreet when it comes to the little ones.

Two cents from a single mommy...

S.
 
single Dad's

My old roommate and I used to go to Parents without partners to find Hot women.Actually had real good success.Also Sex Addicts anonymous meetings are good too.I know I was terrible back then,but I never forced them to fuck me.
 
Hell, the question shouldn't be just about single dads, but all dads!! How about us married dads don't we deserve lovin' too?
single dads may actually have a better chance of gettib laid on any given day,
 
Cardinal said:
Hell, the question shouldn't be just about single dads, but all dads!! How about us married dads don't we deserve lovin' too?
single dads may actually have a better chance of gettib laid on any given day,

There is a big difference between a married dad who has a woman available to him daily and a single dad who doesn't have the time or resources to meet women.

Sure you deserve lovin but I think you need to address this issue with your wife and find out why she's not interested. You have the resources under your fingertips try using them.

:D
 
I think your missing it here Lynn, unless he has custody of the kids he should have time, when I get home from work I come home to an exhausted wife who has been raising two kids all day and then I take over while she gets a break. By the time the kids are in bed we are both tired. Not having time or opportunity is not exclusive to single men or women, for the most part, they probably have more "time" in the evening for adult activities and aren't bathing children and watching Shrek for the 94th time. I am confident that our intimate life will improve as the kids get older, but in the mean time I will live out my fantasies on Lit and take matter into my own hands :)
 
Cardinal said:
I think your missing it here Lynn, unless he has custody of the kids he should have time, when I get home from work I come home to an exhausted wife who has been raising two kids all day and then I take over while she gets a break. By the time the kids are in bed we are both tired. Not having time or opportunity is not exclusive to single men or women, for the most part, they probably have more "time" in the evening for adult activities and aren't bathing children and watching Shrek for the 94th time. I am confident that our intimate life will improve as the kids get older, but in the mean time I will live out my fantasies on Lit and take matter into my own hands :)

I get the point Cardinal but since I have a brother who had sole custoday of his son I understand why this guy is frustrated. Now if he only shares custody then, yeah, he probably has more time than you.

Here's hoping that your kids grow up fast.....until then, carry on!
 
Thanks Lynn

If I weren't married I would happily sacrifice my sex life for custody, I couldn't imagine anything worse than living without my angles. And along that same line of thought, here's to them not growing up too fast, because I am having too much fun with them.

Good for your brother! I bet he would agree with me.
 
It doesnt take money to get laid unless you are paying for the actual act!

I bet if he found someone outside of the typical pick up arena, he could get laid with only spending a few dollars on some groceries.

One thing us Moms love, is for a man to cook for us (speaking for myself of course). I can come home, tend to the kids, and smell delicious aromas coming from the kitchen.

I can deal with teacher notes, sports permission forms, test signing and even small jobs the kids need help with, without worrying about what Im going to do about supper after working all day.

Offer to make dinner for her, ask her if she wants to watch a movie, pick one up or even two, one for the kids one for you two.
Then make her dinner, put the kids to bed and have a very romantic evening. It wont take long before you are where you want to be. Have faith!
Cealy
 
Interesting thread. Hope it's okay I'm bumping it up. I've been doing that a lot since finding this forum.

Here's a little twist on the question of whether single dads get laid:

There's a man I've known for a while in a strictly platonic context (although I've been nursing a mad crush on him for over 3 years now) and it's becoming clear that we're very, very compatible on many levels. I've only recently, since 6 months ago, found out that he's a single dad. He has full custody of 2 of his three sons (14 and 6) and is trying to get full custody of the 4 y.o.

Not only would I love to be the one to "lay" him, but the fact that he's so devoted to the welfare of his kids melts my heart. Seeing happy families gives me hope that maybe some day I'll be part of a family myself, since it's something I've never had.

I wouldn't say that I fantasize about being a stepmom per se, but I do very much enjoy being around kids. Sometimes they're a helluva lot more fun than being around adults!! But if I were ever in the position of marrying someone with kids I think I'd be a pretty good stepmom, more of an adult-friend than a parent (although I would set appropriate limits when necessary).

Basically, if the man and I connect, there's plenty of room in my heart and in my life to accept his kids.
 
eudaemonia said:
Basically, if the man and I connect, there's plenty of room in my heart and in my life to accept his kids.

That is precisely what I found with my Fiancee. When we first began talking, she stated that she had never even given consideration to dating men with children. I was blessed that I found a woman who had that space in her, only didn't realize it. I am the primary caregiver of my 4yr old and she has a beautiful 6yr old daughter. They get along like brother and sister (FIGHT after FIGHT....lol) and we now have a little one of our own on the way.

BTW???? What is the deal with some women that refuse to date men that have children also??

I also agree that using your childern as "bait" to catch women is a bit insane. Sorry, I can't remember who posted that.

Batman :)
 
Big Bair said:
What with the lack of time or money for a social life, how do single dads get a little?

I know I'm not.

There should be singles groups in your area where you can meet others that are the same, (but single mom's) and you can bring your child along. Good luck. I'd check it out.
 
My fucking ex sure as hell did!

Actually I've known a ton of single fathers who did.

Single doesn't mean custody right, just means they helped make em one night?

Cause I'd never give custody over.

Boy there was this one guy in college. He had two kids. I wanted to fuck him. He was HOT. Too bad I was still being the good little wait till you're married virgin back then.

*grr*

Fury :rose:
 
Don't you just love people that post something and then don't participate in the thread? Anyone notice that here? Maybe he took your advice and met someone and is to busy to post anymore.

Oh well, maybe some other single dad got something good from it.
 
Considering the original post was made over a year ago..there's a good chance he found someone.
 
Back
Top