Life Advice

joemorgan

Virgin
Joined
Apr 8, 2004
Posts
9
hi there im hopeing from a lil friendly advice from all the wonderful people here on lit. ive been around put this is my first post.


ok, a lil background, im 25 and my gf is 24 soon to be 25. neither of us have done any drugs ever in our life, not even trying weed.
we drink when we go out but not heavily. im a restraunt manager, and she is 5 months away from graduateing and being a doctor. i have a year an half old lil girl, who lives with her mother.

ok so on to the question, we have been talking about doing exstacy one night. i have always had a wonder about it(its the only drug to ever grab my intrest) and i guess she has had some intrest also. but i dont know anything about it much less any others. what it will cause, how long it will last possible side effects. will one night one time cause any damage or hurt us. and anything else that we should know

any advice or help is grately appreciated.
 
I think the most important question to ask is not even listed on your post.

WHY?

Coming from someone who grew up with the fear that if I ever tried it I would have to deal with the shame of a promise I made to my fifth grade Sunday School teacher, I can honestly say that I have been in your position somewhat.

I grew up with friends who were users, have brothers who have been busted over and over again for cooking meth, been through my fair share of relationships that delt with users and yet even when I thought about trying anything, I still came back to one single question...WHY?

What benifit is there? Is it simply the same as saying "I would try anything once, twice if it felt good?" The answer to that is maybe you would, but more likely than not you wouldn't.

I have no desire to attempt many of the things I see posted from time to time on Lit or in stories, but to each his own. Yes, I do have some desire to attempt new things, to step over the bounds of what is "proper" but in reality do I need too?

And I would also remind you that the use of X is still illegal. That in itself should be a sign that perhaps the time spent worrying about the effects of using, should have been spent on figuring out why you would need to in the first place? Is using a drug different than any other illegal activity? There are some who would say absolutely as long as I don't harm anyone else. Interesting thought, but I have seen enough in this world to know that there are people out there who don't give a fat rats ass about what happens to their fellow man.

Do you think the dope dealer gives a shit if you get a bad batch or if something goes wrong? No Are you prepared to face the fact that if something goes wrong during the use of an ILLEGAL substance that you will be held accountable for it, not only in the legal system, but perhaps with the Big Guy? And are you prepared if the Big Guy comes to take his ounce of flesh to face the friends and family of your gf when you have to explain that "it was just something we wanted to try?" And is she ready to be put into that position as well?

Perhaps this post is too long, and too "conservitive" for most people, but there are a few things I do not tollerate because of the duty I have to serve the public, and because I have seen and delt with the horseshit that comes from having a "user" in the family. That's just my two cents....

FF
 
I say it sounds like you have a wonderful life and why would you want to risk screwing it up? There are no guarantees when it comes to any drug especially street drugs and though people do X with what they believe to be no repercussions they do happen.

If you decide to try it, get as much information on it as you possibly can so you know what you are getting into.....but again, I think you should rethink this.

Just my opinion....no judgements.
 
Not to mention the legal implications for the soon to be doctor if either of you get busted for using it.
 
I don't see why you would want to risk throwing away everything you have. One you take the drug you never know what kind of trip it is going to lead to. Go walk the streets sometimes and look at the faceless people sitting around. One time they wanted to try something to see what if was like, ask them and see what they say. You have a daughter what if she asked you if she should try it. You have a girl friend who is about to embark on a great career, why would she want to mess with it. Would you want a doctor taking care of you who is a drug user. Most times when you start useing a drug it is not just once it goes on and on. I know there are some people who will tell you it is great go for it but it you do one day you will be sorry. I say go to bed and have some mind blowing sex you will get much more from it.
 
first thank you all for the replys so far, you all have great things to say. im not gonna be one of these people who ask for advice and hears what they dont want to hear and then trys to makes excusses to get the other people to "understand".

FF- first off my father is a fire figther(27 yrs now) and id just like to say how much admiration i have for you guys, and what yall do.
and as to your question....pure curiosity....that is the only thing that i can say. 100%pure curiosity, like i said i have never done drugs, and i have always avoided being around those that do, i guess unfortuneitly for me i have never been around those type people you describe, if i had maybe i wouldnt have this temptation i guess. and i guess another disadvantage to me is the fear of god i guess, you talk about the "big guy" and his thoughts, even tho i grew up in the same church for 21 yrs the last few i have been questioning that and where my beleifs actually are(but that is a completey different subjuect) but thanks for your thoughts

lynn-- thanks for the compliment on my life, even tho i have had my share of bad things i definately am in a ok spot right nowand you are all right, i will try and am trying to get as much info as possible before we decide anything(is why im here asking you great people)

meds --never thought of the legal stuff, thanks for that, i was thinking more short term one night than i was long term if caught\

mysty-- you are right i definately dont want to jepordize all her hard work.

again thank you all, any bidy else got any thing for me?
 
the only thing that came to my mind was

Don't
having a past with drug use, and being over 17years clean, I speak from my heart......don't, just don't!!

never worth it!
 
I am going to echo the sentiments of the others. You are describing a wonderful scenario that could so easily be screwed up. IMO, it isn't worth the potential consequences. Why not experiment with chocolate syrup instead. ;)
 
I sense two things in your post, joemorgan. First, there is the curiosity about the experience of doing ecstasy. Fine. but given all the negative probabilities you'd be much better off telling yourself, "thanks, but no thanks." Second, I wonder if you are also looking for something unusual to do with your lover that will give you an extraordinary experience together. Thus, a suggestion.

Find some recipes that seem very suggestive or erotic to you and then spend an evening together. Cook together, dine with candles and soft music, and then make love with the passion that only love and anticipation can create.
 
*deep breath*

Here are my thoughts:

The legal implications if she is caught doing drugs, possessing drugs, trying to procure drugs...ONE TIME...is enough to get her kicked out of medical school. Not to mention that you would probably lose YOUR job if you were caught as well. Is it worth it?

You are a father. Sometimes, when you try a drug, the first time is your last. Do you want your daughter to visit you at your place or at a cemetery? It is a possibility. Is it worth it?

This drug causes quite a few things to happen in the body, many of which we don't know for sure...because every batch of that stuff is different, made of different things, and those things were NEVER intended to be introduced into your body. As one of those unfortunate women who was slipped extasy at a party, I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that you have no idea what you are putting into your system. I dealt with physical problems for at least a year after that stuff was given to me. So, yes...one use can cause long-term damage. The exact same thing could happen to you. Is it worth it?

If you can answer all those questions with a 'yes', then go for it. Otherwise, stay clean.

S.
 
Coming from experience don't do it. If can fuck you and people around you up. It can be very addictive.

Your better off trying weed first.
 
what it will cause, how long it will last possible side effects. will one night one time cause any damage or hurt us. and anything else that we should know

any advice or help is grately appreciated.

First off, I am not condoning taking drugs, its illegal yada yada.

What it will cause.

The "good" effects include euphoria, a heightened sense of selfawareness, increase in perception, especially to sound and vision.

A desire to be more intimate with those around you, from just being more "touchy-feely" onwards depending on the company you're in.

Increased energy and all the other stuff you'd associate with a pretty powerful stimulant, your pulse will race, your temperature will increase, you feel the need to do stuff NOWNOWNOWDAMMIT! etc etc.

The bad stuff.

Your pulse will race, your temperature will increase. The first can be alarming the second if you are dancing your nuts off as well can be dangerous in its own right.

It can be hallucinagenic (some might class this a good thing. if you are not expecting it, are wound up about something etc then it can be fairly unpleasant).

Panic attacks, jaw clenching, headache, dizziness, nausea hot and cold flushes can all be added to the list.

How long will it last?

Several hours.

Will one night cause any harm?
Its an illegal drug, produced god knows where, cut with heavens knows what and been handled by who knows how many people, how much scope in there do you think there is for something grotty to find its way in or that its just one pill of a bad batch?

Its a powerful stimulant, if you are on other medication, have any history of heart trouble, kidney problems etc then it can do you serious damage.

you might not enjoy whatever effects you happen to get, in which case you are going to spend the next few hours under the influence of a drug that you are not enjoying which is not a pleasant experience.

Dehydration and over-hydrating yourself as a result can both cause problems.

Its a drug, you might just react badly to it in a similar way that people react badly to, say, asprin or penicillin.

Anything else?

If you are going to take it I would suggest that you dont mix it with any other drug, including (especially) alcohol. Personally I'd say that about anything. I find alcohol to be the most dangerous, unpredictable drug I've ever taken and it does not mix well with anything.

Dont take a whole pill each right off, you've never taken it before and have no idea how strong the pills are. Take 1/4 or half first, you can always take more, you cant take less once you've swallowed it.

Its much more fun if you are in an environment where something is happening rather than just sitting around chatting.

There is scope for things to go horribly wrong, but in terms of you ending up on a slab in a morgue, you stand more chance of being hit by a car. That said, people get hit by cars every day.

Do some research, theres plenty of websites out there dishing out sensible advice/information about what Ecstacy etc is, whats likely to be in it, what it is going to do and what you should be watching out for. I wont lie and say I haven't had some great fun with ecstacy, but I've also had a pretty grotty experience on it (nothing serious thankfully, but it certainly felt like it at the time), and when it goes wrong it is not pleasant.
 
Last edited:
I agree with others, it sounds like it could be fun but is a really bad idea.

I grew up around alcoholics, drug users, and other people who were addicted to various drugs.

People start with I'll try it a few times and I can quit if I don't like it and before they know it I do it every day but I could quit if I want to.

Even if you don't get a bad batch and don't fry your brain, (see http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,799862,00.html)
what if you like it too much and don't enjoy sex without it anymore?

I'd suggest exploring your sexuality together in other fun ways and talking about fantasies, etc, there are very many great ideas on here.

Most people I knew that "tried" drugs and got hooked are now losers, and sadly a few of them no longer have the mental ability to contribute to society in any meaningful way.

If you have gone this far without doing it why throw it away for the potential of one good time?
 
The catch in ecstasy studies is that researchers tend to work with users already troubled by depression, nervous disorders or cognitive disturbance. So they cannot be sure whether or not the drug is to blame. They have no information about clubbers who do not consult doctors, and because the drug is illegal, they cannot run "double blind" controlled experiments with young volunteers.

I love that, oh to be a prison architect.
 
The drug is known to cause permanent damage to your brain. Too much of the drug can result in severe, lets say that again to get the point across, SEVERE memory problems.

You have a girlfriend that is about to recieve her MD, you sound like a hardworking smart fellow. Why would two people like yourselves want to fuck that up by messing with illegal drugs.

There are a couple possible outcomes from this;

1) You take the drug and find its not all its hyped up to be. Its a one time thingie, no big deal.

2) You take it and find it to be absolutely beyond the realm of earth shattering orgasms and want more and more of it until your life falls apart.

3) You get caught trying to purchase the drug and even if you plea bargain it down to a misdeamenor, you have a criminal record to haunt you for the rest of your life.

Don't get high on drugs, get high on love. Chemicals may give you the sense of enhancing your experience, but nothing beats a good sex session with a woman that wants you as much as you want her.

Don't do it.
 
I heard from a reputable source that ecstasy has long term effects on the serotonin levels in your brain.

serotonin is a neurotransmitter that has an effect on mood levels.

What I heard is that even if you only take it once 20 or 30 years down the line it will really start to screw with your serotonin levels which could lead to depression, anxiety disorders among others

to me it's not worth the risk.

if you do decide to do it. Be careful!! don't drive. etc.

good luck
 
Ok I'm not saying this to be an asshole or to doubt the validity of this thread or anything. But I have a question.

If shes months away from graduating to become a Doctor wouldn't she know what those drugs can do to you and all the risks associated with doing them?
 
Nightbird said:
Ok I'm not saying this to be an asshole or to doubt the validity of this thread or anything. But I have a question.

If shes months away from graduating to become a Doctor wouldn't she know what those drugs can do to you and all the risks associated with doing them?

*gasp and chuckle*

Bingo, baby. :)

S.
 
Back
Top