How do you like your porn?

Bobmi357

Knit one, Perl two...
Joined
Mar 6, 2003
Posts
2,529
I find myself pretty picky when I'm looking at porn.

I hate porn where....

1) It looks staged. Meaning...
- One or more of the people actually look bored.
- It doesn't appear that anyone is enjoying themselves.
- They are in a position you KNOW can't be comfortable, or held for very long.

2) Where one or both of the people are looking at the camera.

3) Insertion shots turn me off. I'd rather see faces than some abnormally long guy thrusting into a 800x600 vagina from 2 inches away.

4) Close ups! Do we really need to get within 2 inches to make a closeup?

5) Money shots! Being a guy I'm not really all that interested in seeing some other guy spend 3 minutes giving a gal a facial. The cum shot used to be done to prove it wasn't faked sex, but considering today's special effects, it could be easily faked and we wouldn't know it.

6) Drug whores. I'm not saying that a lot of the woman are just that, but the simple fact is, quite of a lot of the porn these days show women that look like they are screwing for thier next dose of crack.

Occasionally you'll find a photo set where the couple involved has a real passion for each other and it comes across in the photos. But most of what you see seem to be lacking any emotive connection.

So, what do you like/dislike about the current state of porn available these days?
 
Reality.

Without acting.

The best stuff I've seen was amateurs doing what they enjoyed doing. There's a couple of favorites I never get tired of because I KNOW that they are enjoying what they are doing and giving each other incredible orgasms.

A problem with the lighting every now and then takes little away from the emotions the camera captures.

I guess that I need as much to live emotions vicariously as to get the lust circuitry turn working to get me off. Perhaps even more -- I identify with the people, not so much the act.
 
ReadyOne said:
Reality.

Without acting.

The best stuff I've seen was amateurs doing what they enjoyed doing. There's a couple of favorites I never get tired of because I KNOW that they are enjoying what they are doing and giving each other incredible orgasms.

A problem with the lighting every now and then takes little away from the emotions the camera captures.

I guess that I need as much to live emotions vicariously as to get the lust circuitry turn working to get me off. Perhaps even more -- I identify with the people, not so much the act.

Its not easy to find a photo set where the couple seems to be actually enjoying themselves. But amateur couple shoots are a good place to look for that sort of thing.

I identify with the people also. Thats why find most of what people put online here to be a turn off. I've seen boobs by the hundreds. But show me the eyes man. Show me the emotions. Show me a woman with a "come hither" look instead of a butt or a pair of boobies.
 
Originally posted by Bobmi357
Its not easy to find a photo set where the couple seems to be actually enjoying themselves. But amateur couple shoots are a good place to look for that sort of thing.

I identify with the people also. Thats why find most of what people put online here to be a turn off. I've seen boobs by the hundreds. But show me the eyes man. Show me the emotions. Show me a woman with a "come hither" look instead of a butt or a pair of boobies.

Have to agree that if there seems to be some chemistry between the couple...some caring...it's a definite turn on for me. I can't remember the last time I saw it...think it was in one of the Candide Royale videos where the couple were a RL couple....and frankly it showed. mmmm was VERY nice :p
 
I enjoy all forms of porn :cool: The best though are the ones that the people both look like they are really into it at the same time. I love nothing better than hearing a woman moaning and she sounds like she really means it and is totally into what is happening at the moment (thank god for surround sound :D). Personally I don't need a story line or a plot, that just detracts from the reason I'm really watching. Give me a movie that is just fucking and sucking and I'm a happy camper :D
 
Speaking of video porn:

I have something of a semen fetish, so the money shot is important to me. I especially like it when the woman clearly swallows. In general, I rank the way I like the scene to end as one-swallow, two-oral cumshot with spitting, three-facial, four-any other cumshot that clearly lands on an attractive bit of female anatomy. Because of the fetish, I also like to see kinky stuff such as drinking semen from a glass or eating it on food.

What I don't like at all are cum dodgers. Hard-core porn seems like it would be a poor job choice for a woman who doesn't want to get semen on her face or in her mouth.

I like amateur porn. It usually has the feel of a couple getting kinky in front of the camera, and often, that is exactly what it is. They frequently seem to be having genuine fun.

I also find the junky/crack-whore look to be a turn-off. It is especially disturbing when viewing porn because of the strong suspicion that what-you-see is what-you-get. Part of the enjoyment in pornography is a temporary identification with the performers, and the thought of even touching some of these diseased-looking hags, much less having sex with one, is gruesome.
 
Facial expressions are very important to me. Boredom is an instant turn-off, but fake anything is even more of one. My tastes run to the painful and humiliating, and it kills me to see the girl taking slaps to the face with the male's cock and actually smiling. No, dammit! It's shameful! Look ashamed! :D

Kinda hard to find convincing yummy humiliation videos so I usually go hentai. Much easier to draw a cute little female in agony than to be one.

Other obscure tastes: large cocks, especially when the female is NOT ready for them. This means good sound as well as nice camera angles on their respective faces and the penetration itself (yes, I do like pure gritty genital shots). Semen is okay, but it's mostly in how it's used. If she wants it on her face, I don't want to see it there. If she begs for it NOT to be on her face, he'd better not shoot it anywhere else.

I'd probably have more luck making my brands of porn than finding it.
 
Great topic for me, being a dedicated porn lover. I grew up watching porn in the era of Seka and Tracy lords. Things were different then (sigh!). Girls seemed to enjoy it more, there seemed to be more of an honesty about it (O.K., go on, call me naive; you won't be the first). Still, these days it seems EVERY woman has fake tits, and platinum blonde hair, and like Jenna Jameson, we all know they are moanin' and groanin' STRICKLY for the $$$. It's apparent that someone, somewhere along the line said, "What would be the ULTIMATE fantasy girl for Joe average," and the answer was Jenna (and her ilk). I have no problem with big tits, I love them, but give me Christie Canyon over Jenna ANY day of the week. Too much $$$, not enough reality. Also, as was noted, I HATE cum dodgers, hate guys cumming on a woman's mouth, only to see the mouth FIRMLY sealed, while all the time she's moaning as if she likes it. IF you don't want to have cum in your mouth, have the guy cum somewhere else, for God's sake! I also hate cum shots on asses (could we be a BIT more creative here guys? I mean, this hard core genre is already more than 30 years old). I hate one on one, unless it's really sexy; most of all, I hate when things are obvious and the film makers ignore them, i.e., if the woman has big tits, focus on that; have her playing with them, or the guy really sucking them; enough of this grunting and groaning only to cum on her ass or belly. BORING!
And BTW, I don't think the cum shot was done originally so we knew it was real, I think it was because it's erotic. I may be wrong here. A book needs to be written. As you can read, I'm passionate about this topic
 
Last edited:
The one thing that's always gotten me a bit skewed is seeing the actors or actresses make eye contact with the camera. I like being the voyeur in these movies. I don't need them "looking at me" for approval. Just get it on with the persone you're fucking- be engrossed by them! That's what makes chemistry between two people. All the groaning & moaning can't fake that.

And while I didn't do too well at it in high school, let's hear it for chemistry!!!:rolleyes:
 
I tend to like hentai better, the odder the better. Tenticals... always a fun one.
And the Cool Devices are rather well done if somewhat weird even for me at times.
There's just something about a tiny little anime girl with big eyes and long hair getting screwed, willingly or not.
 
Boo to the cum dodgers as well. I don't think porn stars should do things that they really don't want to do. Its their biggest mistake and as a consumer, I feel ripped off. I like my porn to be consensual even if it focuses on humiliation, there is an element of trust that is portrayed by the actors, (if done well).

But my biggest gripe about porno flick are women who fuck like they have to prove something.

Show me a porno where a chick is getting rammed in the ass at 50 strokes a second, and I will show you a chick who is only doing it for the $$$ and not for the enjoyment.
 
Originally posted by ReadyOne
Reality.

Without acting.

The best stuff I've seen was amateurs doing what they enjoyed doing. There's a couple of favorites I never get tired of because I KNOW that they are enjoying what they are doing and giving each other incredible orgasms.

<snip>
I identify with the people, not so much the act.
Amen on that. My personal favorite clip on my hard drive is this couple in missionary, with the camera off to the side. You can't see anything, but it's really hot because you can tell that they're actually having fun. And that's what makes it good.

Originally posted by Bobmi357
6) Drug whores. I'm not saying that a lot of the woman are just that, but the simple fact is, quite of a lot of the porn these days show women that look like they are screwing for thier next dose of crack.
I get really worried when the woman looks like that. I'm like, "Honestly, hon, there ARE less demeaning jobs out there." So I guess the emotional connection has been made. Just... Not in the way the director was trying to do it.
 
Whatever happened to emotions???

I really like seeing people who look as though they're enjoying themselves. I want that kind of believability where I wish I was in their place!
 
Lust Engine said:
Whatever happened to emotions???

I really like seeing people who look as though they're enjoying themselves. I want that kind of believability where I wish I was in their place!

Yup most of today's porn shows one or both of the couples staring at the camera.
FAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Bobmi357 said:
Yup most of today's porn shows one or both of the couples staring at the camera.
FAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I'm no Spielberg when it comes to directing movies but wouldn't you think the last thing any porn director would want is for the stars making DIRECT eye contact with the camera??:confused:
 
Did I mention that an obvious climax pleasurable every now and then would be nice?

With some soundtracks, by listening only, you get no clue as to if the person was experiencing pain or pleasure, and which ever it is, it seem to be always at a constant level.

Maybe the work of being a porn star makes it always painful ;) even when they are supposed to be showing pleasure? :D
 
Lust Engine said:
Now I'm no Spielberg when it comes to directing movies but wouldn't you think the last thing any porn director would want is for the stars making DIRECT eye contact with the camera??:confused:
yeah thats pretty stupid. Dunno why they do that?! But they keep doing it so it must sell:confused:
Personally I always preferred Softcore to hardcore because instead of showing the insertion shots and extreme closeups (as mentioned) they show the whole body in motion..and it seems more real to me. There actors are usually better so that might be it too.
Hentai's cool too...though often they get too crazy with machines and wierd monsters and stuff and that ruins it for me.
 
I like most kinds of porn but where we dont dwell on one thing for 5 min.. I want to see that interaction and excitement and keep a story moving on..... the excitement is not knowing what is comming next.......
 
PinkOrchid said:
Interesting. It seems from reading this thread and the retro porn one that most people feel the eroticism has disappeared from pornography. :confused: *scratches head*

I definitely agree. You would think someone would have figured this out by now and capitalized on it.

Oh its still out there all right. You just have to look a lot harder to find it.

I hate to be a critic, but I find its the same problem with a lot of lit's stories. Albeit most of them read like some teen's fantasy, and more than a few of them need some serious english lessons.

Good quality porn, either in film or writing, seems to have become and endangered species. You still occasionally find a gem, but its becoming a lot harder as porn itself becomes more common.
 
How do I like my porn? Let me count the ways.

hehe

I like things I haven't done, or want to do again. I love lesbian porn if there are lots of toys. I love lesbian anal porn, F/f domination scenes and anything with lots of good hard breast play. Group scenes, especially m/ff Things I wouldn't be as likely to do, like golden showers. I like porn with women who can deep throat, women who are flexible and not afraid to play. I like creampie movies, snowballing and cum play.

hmmm lets see, to sum all that up

I like porn that is as kinky and adventurous as my mind.

Oh, and I once watched a film made of me and a woman, seeing myself from angle I normally never would was pretty good porn too.

Carnus
 
Back
Top