Is it really impossible to conceive when your partner is menstruating?

StoneTheCrow

Literotica Fixture
I have always heard that it safe to cum inside your woman while she was menstruating and not conceive. Anyone know anything about this?

I really took a beating on the red wings post because I said i would not go down on my lover while she was on her period. I didn't mean that I thought that she was disgusting, i just meant that I wouldn't want to taste it. I have been with several woman that rather liked having sex during their period. I think it is good sometimes, depending on certain factors I shall not discuss now :p

StoneTheCrow said:
I have always heard that it safe to cum inside your woman while she was menstruating and not conceive. Anyone know anything about this?

No, it isn't...so, if you don't want to get her pregnant, use a condom, or make sure she is on birth control.

False

This one is false. The time at which eggs are released can vary, and sperm can live for days in her body. If these two overlap, she can get pregnant. A woman can get pregnant during her period.

Last edited:
You absolutely can knock her up while she's bleeding
rubber johnny is your friend :D

Strange thing about those eggs...the little fuckers decide when THEY want to travel down the tubes. That could be any day of the week and maybe even twice every third Sunday. :D

Unless you can read their little teeny tiny minds, use a condom!

S.

sheath said:
Strange thing about those eggs...the little fuckers decide when THEY want to travel down the tubes. That could be any day of the week and maybe even twice every third Sunday. :D

Unless you can read their little teeny tiny minds, use a condom!

S.

They sound almost as bad as hampsters :rolleyes:

This is one of those questions for which I like to turn to Scarleteen, an excellent sex-ed website. Here's what they say:
On what days can a woman get pregnant?
On virtually any day she has direct vaginal contact with sperm without using birth control (and even then, no method is 100% reliable), usually during sexual intercourse. There are times in a woman's cycle (like during ovulation, when the mucus of the vagina is most friendly towards sperm) when she is MORE likely to become pregnant than others, but she can technically get pregnant because of live semen in the cervix at nearly any time in her cycle, and as all of our cycles differ, there is no one safe time for everyone. Trying to predict times of ovulation is something that is done when you are TRYING to get pregnant, not trying to avoid it.

Per Sue Johanson, the Sunday Night Sex Show host:

Odds are against getting pregnant when a woman is on her period, but nothing is impossible. Menstrual blood is flowing OUT. Therefore, making it VERY hard for sperm to fight there way INTO vagina, find an egg, impregnate, and attach to uterine wall. BUT, one must look at pregnancy as always a possibiliy - condom up!

Last edited:
Where do these ideas come from - I would sure like to meet the people out there spending all there time dreaming up ideas about how and when a woman will not get pregnant. It doesn't matter when, where, or how the sperm reach the vagina they will and can get a woman pregnant. Those little critters are sneaky, and the eggs get lose whenever they feel like it. There are times, and methods which make getting pregnant less likely, but nothing is fool proof. Sex is fun and we all enjoy it, but most of us, including myself, do not always stop to think that each time we engage in sexual relations there is the possibility of a pregnancy even though we are taking the necessary precautions.

dclabrecque said:
Per Sue Johanson, the Sunday Night Sex Show host:

Odds are against getting pregnant when a woman is on her period, but nothing is impossible. Menstrual blood is flowing OUT. Therefore, making it VERY hard for sperm to fight there way INTO vagina, find an egg, impregnate, and attach to uterine wall. BUT, one must look at pregnancy as always a possibiliy - condom up!

I love sue :)

Back