Dealing with condoms

P. B. Walker

Literotica Guru
I've been wanting to ask this question for awhile but just haven't gotten around to it.

Basically, the problem is that when I use a condom I barely feel anything. I've tried many different brands in the past and all seem to perform about the same. Some are easier to roll down, and some are more lubed than others. But in the end, I still don't feel that much. I'm actually somewhat amazed that I keep an erection most of the time. I'd say the majority of the time, I can't even cum when wearing one and on rare occasions my erection will go down after 15 or 20 minutes due to not feeling anything.

I will admit that I do jerk quite a bit (once a day) and I'm not having sex regularly. I've also been jerking like this for many many years. So the opportunities to have sex and use a condom are very few and far between.

I'm basically thinking that my sensitivity is so bad that I just don't feel anything thru the condom. I'm wondering if any other guys have this problem and if they found anything that will solve the problem so they can have sex with a condom and still be able to cum. Do I basically have to stop jerking off so that I'll get my sensitivity back?

Thanks in advance for any help.

PinkOrchid said:
Just ONE drop on the tip of your head, though, or the condom will slide off.

Yeah, lubing up the entire cock would worry me...

but I'll remember the drop of lube on the tip...

I think the problem is that I need to feel the friction on the shaft and on the ridge of the head.

I agree about the lube in the condom and the one drop part too. Too much and you might have to go fishing for it. :eek:

I'm another person that has problems with sensitivity and condoms. Fortunately, being married, I don't need to use them (the wife's on the pill).

Half the time, I lose the erection with a condom on. Although it does seem that the lambskin condoms are slightly better than latex ones in terms of what you feel. The only advantage to a condom in my book is that it slows down your climax. Balance that with the loss of feeling and you come up short.

I don't think it has much to do with your personal sensitivity and much to do with the fact that wearing a condom is like expecting to feel a bb shot through 2 inch armor plate.

You mentioned trying several different brands, but not much mention of different styles. Most brands offer an ultra-thin (I like the Kimono) variety that is designed to provide more sensitivity. In addition to adding a drop of lube at the tip, look for a condom with a larger "pouch" or "nautilus spiralling" at the tip. The looseness up there provides more stimulation. I've found them to work quite well.

Now I've heard of them but yet to use them but what about the polyurethane condoms? I believe the brand name is Avanti Super Thins. I'm told it conducts heat & friction a little better.

I've also heard it's good for people with latex allergies. The lube idea isn't bad either.

Good luck.

Lust Engine said:
Now I've heard of them but yet to use them but what about the polyurethane condoms? I believe the brand name is Avanti Super Thins. I'm told it conducts heat & friction a little better.

I've also heard it's good for people with latex allergies. The lube idea isn't bad either.

Good luck.

I actually went out and bought some of those yesterday on a whim. Now if I can just find someone willing to test them out. :)

Someone mentioned lambskin... I have tried those in the past (long long time ago) and they definitely felt better. My concern with those is that they do not protect against STDs, and that's basically half the reason to wear one for me.

The one thing I noted with those Avanti's is that they do not say they will protect against pregancy and STDs. They just say some clinical studies have shown they do, but if you want really good protection to use a latex condom... at least that was the jist of it. I'm thinking that statement is partially there to protect their asses, but you never know.

There was one other brand that was similar to those, but it had spermical lube instead of regular lube so I opted for these to start with and if these don't work then I'll try those other kind. I can't remember the brand name, but I want to say it was Trojan.

Also, those Avanti's are mucho expensitivo compared to other brands.

Yeah, they're not cheap but such is the heinous price we pay for a wee bit of that primal pleasure.:rolleyes:

Bobmi357 said:
I'm another person that has problems with sensitivity and condoms. Fortunately, being married, I don't need to use them (the wife's on the pill).

Half the time, I lose the erection with a condom on. Although it does seem that the lambskin condoms are slightly better than latex ones in terms of what you feel. The only advantage to a condom in my book is that it slows down your climax. Balance that with the loss of feeling and you come up short.

I don't think it has much to do with your personal sensitivity and much to do with the fact that wearing a condom is like expecting to feel a bb shot through 2 inch armor plate.

Bobmi...I'd be careful relying on the Pill....there are lots of birth control pill babies out there...mine just turned 10! lol

Sorry P.B.....didn't mean to hijack your thread; just wanted to toss that out there for what its worth.

P. B. Walker said:
Also, those Avanti's are mucho expensitivo compared to other brands.

Well, you say you don't need them all that often, so unless things improve, might as well go with the more expensive ones :D

*running out of thread to hide*

BlueDaisy said:
Well, you say you don't need them all that often, so unless things improve, might as well go with the more expensive ones :D

*running out of thread to hide*

LOL true.

The downside is that if they don't work better, I just wasted $13 on 6 condoms.

P. B. Walker said:
LOL true.

The downside is that if they don't work better, I just wasted $13 on 6 condoms.

*sticking head in to see if it is safe to reenter*

Dang but that's expensive. Been a long time since I've bought any of them. Hubby got neutered after our birth control baby was born. Yeah, I know...it can happen after vasectomies, too. But so far so good. I figure we're safe after 9.5 years. I HOPE so! All I need is another kid at my advanced age.

You'll have to let us know how they work, P.B. Curious minds want to know! *grin*

BlueDaisy said:
*sticking head in to see if it is safe to reenter*

Dang but that's expensive. Been a long time since I've bought any of them. Hubby got neutered after our birth control baby was born. Yeah, I know...it can happen after vasectomies, too. But so far so good. I figure we're safe after 9.5 years. I HOPE so! All I need is another kid at my advanced age.

You'll have to let us know how they work, P.B. Curious minds want to know! *grin*

Well when I find a guinea pig and try them out, I'll let ya know. LOL.

P. B. Walker said:
Well when I find a guinea pig and try them out, I'll let ya know. LOL.

Just a tip....I wouldn't refer to prospective bed mates as "guinea pigs"....lol

If your monogmaous, why not explore other methods of birth controll? There are a ton out there....

Back