Foodgasms

Status
Not open for further replies.
veryblueeyes said:
1 pound Jerusalem artichokes
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 stalks celery
1 medium onion
6 Tbsp butter
2-1/2 cups chicken broth
3 Tbsp flour
1-1/2 cups medium-sharp Cheddar cheese
2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 cup cream
salt
Cayenne pepper
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce


Instructions
Wash, peel, and roughly chop chokes and keep in water to which lemon juice has been added until ready to use. Chop celery and onion and cook in 2 tablespoons butter until slightly wilted, approximately 10 minutes. Add chokes and 1-1/2 cups chicken broth, cover, and cook for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are cooked through. Puree in a blender, food processor, or food mill.

In a medium-size saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter, add flour, and cook for 2 minutes without browning. Remove from heat and whisk in 1 cup broth, then cook for 5 minutes. Add cheese and mustard and stir until blended. Stir in choke mixture and cream and cook until soup is heated through. Season with salt, cayenne pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.

Note: For a thinner soup, add additional chicken stock.

Yield: 4-6 servings

Adding this to the list. Thank you for this lovely recipe!!
 
~Fata Morgana~ said:
I love all cheeses! Especially stilton and brie.

Am off to Dorset for four days, down at the bottom of England. I have friends down there and go about 5 times a year, will be good to see them again.

I love visits to friends. It's always great to have such a warm welcome.
 
I have yet to try poutine, but I have to say the thought of cheese and gravy mixed makes me a little nauseous.

Of course, not me and gravyhugger mixed. That thought gives me an entirely different breed of stomach flutters.
 
cheesysusie said:
I have yet to try poutine, but I have to say the thought of cheese and gravy mixed makes me a little nauseous.

Of course, not me and gravyhugger mixed. That thought gives me an entirely different breed of stomach flutters.

Just makes me all happy. :D
 
Not a true foodgasm, but can I just take a minute to note that I love my Le Creuset pieces?

Saturated colors. Smooth exteriors, with the lip of exposed cast iron. Sort of reminds you that under that gorgeous glazing lies a strong, proud heart. I love the weight of them. The way they go from stove top to the oven to the table to the fridge/freezer seamlessly. The ease of cleanup. The fact that they don't go in the dishwasher, which makes them a little bit high-maintenance, but only reinforces their specialness. The way I can use them again and again and again, put them through the paces, push their limits, and they never fail me - they are always just as strong and beautiful as they were the last time I used them.
 
cheesysusie said:
*Melt* I am SO looking forward to the gravyhugs.

Mmm, melted cheese. Now if we can only get Feta to visit the states, my life will be complete.
 
cow cod soup

cause i'm in that kind of mood this week.

cow cod
garlic
scallion
thyme
salt
ground black and green pepper
chicken broth
3 green bananas
1 yam
2 potatoes
flour
1 Scotch bonnet pepper

wash and chop cow cod (this is the fun part)
add to pot with salt, pepper, garlic and cover with chicken broth. cook on low until tender. add diced taters, yam, banana, thyme, scotch bonnet, simmer. until root veggies are tender
 
cheesysusie said:
I have red peppers and garlic roasting in my oven. Too foodgasm-y to describe the aroma.

I love the way the pepper skins blacken. And I especially love peeling them off. They way they're all slick and just sort of slide off.

The garlic, the way you can just pick off a clove and squeeze it - roasted garlic paste spurting out. And when it sort of squishes out the sides of the clove, instead of the end, and you're simply forced to lick it off your fingers...

Oh. I like your style.

These posts speak of the essence of foodgasm to me. Take fine, simple, fresh ingredients and bring them to their fruition. It's all about love and respect for the basic ingredients, and making them sing to all of your senses. Great food and great sex involve with all five senses. Complete immersion in the moment.
 
Tatiana0706 said:
Penne with Ricotta and Asparagus
penne-ricotta-asparagus.jpg

Simple and beautiful, Tati. A definite foodgasm.

~Fata Morgana~ said:
I love all cheeses! Especially stilton and brie.

And all cheeses love you.

Now I'm seriously craving Stilton. You have an innate power of suggestion, without even trying.

veryblueeyes said:
1 pound Jerusalem artichokes

I have become addicted to Jerusalem artichokes/sunchokes. Delicious. I will try this soup soon.
 
Rambling Rose said:
I had the best birthday dinner! We went out for Thai.

It was a memorable meal.

I bet I could guess which restaurant you dined at within about 3 guesses. And they're all (mostly) damn good. Now I'm jealous.
 
You might be wrong. In fact, I know you would be because the options for Thai where I was are mind-boggling.

But you may have been there yourself recently...who knows?
 
rosarita is aging like a fine wine. and i hope she gets her cork popped tonight.
 
Rambling Rose said:
You might be wrong. In fact, I know you would be because the options for Thai where I was are mind-boggling.

But you may have been there yourself recently...who knows?

NO FAIR going out of town!!

I retract my earlier post.
 
tortoise said:
Oh. I like your style.

These posts speak of the essence of foodgasm to me. Take fine, simple, fresh ingredients and bring them to their fruition. It's all about love and respect for the basic ingredients, and making them sing to all of your senses. Great food and great sex involve with all five senses. Complete immersion in the moment.

Thanks. I was very foodgasm-y yesterday.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top